PDA

View Full Version : Besaid running thing

Kami
11-15-2004, 09:35 PM
You know when you do the mission for the besaid area? If you don't get 500 pts under the timelimit the first try, does it affect the perfect ending? Also... if it doesn't, does anyone know how to make this task easier?

TheSpoonyBard
11-15-2004, 09:42 PM
You can retry as many times as you wish, and it will not affect your percentage. The onl way to make it easier is to practise, practise, and practise some more. Understanding the types of ammo and which enemies they work well against will prove invaluable if you wish to go for the top score and get the Adamantine (5,000 points).

Halenite
11-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Actually yes it does affect percentage. I tried it and when I finally got the 500 points, my % went up from 29 to 30.

Kami
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Halenite: but did you get it the first try?

SeeDRankLou
11-16-2004, 01:05 AM
I believe you must beat Beclem the first time to get all the percentage from that part of the game. You don't have to beat him for an Episode Complete, but you do have to beat him for all the percentage of that part.

Getting 500 points is not that difficult, just require a bit of hand-eye coordination (getting 2800 points for the Adamantite is difficult). Just make your way to the waterfall area and stay around the first bridge. Kill one wolf with regular bullets, kill the stronger wolf with regular bullets, kill the big bird with a death bullet and make sure to switch back to regular bullets. Lather, rinse, repeat. Remember that you can only shoot 6 bullets at a time before you need a reload, so when you fire the sixth bullet and the enemy is not dead and close to you, run backwards for a bit and then fire again. You can use Duel Shot bullets for the wolfs, but it's not necessary. Remember to not get hit, that way the chain meter at the bottom of the screen fills up, and the fuller it gets the more points you get per kill. Also remember that you can target and shoot enemies before the enter the screen, so just hit the circle button every few seconds to see if there are enemies off the screen, you can tell what they are by the amount of HP they have. Stay in the waterfall area until you get 500 points, then make your way to the beach. Save a death bullet for the final screen with the mech. You can probably do with in half the amount of time you are given, it's not very difficult.

Halenite
11-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Halenite: but did you get it the first try?

Actually no I didn't.

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 10:23 PM
I got too many points the first time and it became too hard to beat my score. :(