PDA

View Full Version : Condemned To Solitude

Fate Fatale
11-15-2004, 10:38 PM
For those of you who have visited my Xanga site (I'm NewBlackMage there) may already know what this is/ what it is. Well, I believe I'm cursed to be alone, so this is meh title. I'm just not appealing to the opposite sex. I'm always "just a friend" or the "third wheel"... Does anyone have this problem? Does anyone have some tips? Post them here!

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes, but that's because I hate too much to mate.

Fate Fatale
11-15-2004, 10:44 PM
-_-That is totally different...

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
It's probably because people are impossibly shallow and not worth committing to anyways. You're probably better off alone

Fate Fatale
11-15-2004, 11:07 PM
ok.... O_o... the problem is, I want a relationship..

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Or you think you do...such things are often nowhere near as good as they seem--in fact, they often cause more grief than they're worth. Personally, I'd rather eat a mouthful of angry bees than be involved in a relationship.

Look on the bright side: There's always masturbation or buying cheap dollar-store glasswares and beating the crap out of them with a hammer

Shoeberto
11-15-2004, 11:19 PM
I think relationships in high school are good mainly as a way of helping develop your social skills.

If you really want to be in a relationship, you have to be the aggressor. If both parties are too afraid to talk to each other about it, you'll never get anywhere hoping for them to come up to you. Even at the cost of pride, you need to go for it, because everyone dies eventually and you can't go around moping until then.

Lindy
11-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Get over it, get over wanting to be with someone and get on with your life, you're not cursed to be alone and you'll find someone eventually.

Unless you're like Bleys, in which case I'll provide the mouthful of angry bees.

Or you can follow these tried and tested solutions :
1) Be so angry/hateful/standoffish that the opposite sex will be so aroused by your anger/hatred they'll want to jump on you immediately
2) Be shy and wimpy and never talk to anyone, someone is BOUND to feel sorry for you eventually and maintain a relationship with you out of pure guilt
3) Purchase a spouse from an online dating site, I suggest http://www.ihavemoremoneythansense.com

theundeadhero
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
2) Be shy and wimpy and never talk to anyone, someone is BOUND to feel sorry for you eventually and maintain a relationship with you out of pure guilt
It hasn't worked yet. /sarcasm

Citizen Bleys
11-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Being hateful doesn't attract people, I should know

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Er... you're what? Twelve? You should still think girls are icky.

Casey
11-16-2004, 12:04 AM

HAHA!

Just face it, life will hopefully get better soon.

StarlightAngel
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Er... you're what? Twelve? You should still think girls are icky.

I don't think boys are icky and I'm twelve. Minouwagaincity is actually one of my best friends at school. Though, I think its because of my love of games.

Super Christ
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
I feel the same way, and I've felt that way since I was your age, so here's the best tip I can give: the best way to handle it is to deal, and hope things get better. It isn't worth obsessing over because it'll hurt you in the end. And if you can think of a way to improve things, work on it. Besides, after ten years of watching my friends have relationships, I can safely tell you that any girlfriend you get now is going to be long gone by the time you're 14.

kikimm
11-16-2004, 12:35 AM
SA: Boys are a lot less mature when it comes to these things. =/

I agree; you are a little young to be making that kind of statement. I would start worrying when you're in your mid-twenties. It's too early to tell, at this point. Oh, and don't change. stay the way you are---someone's bound to be attracted to you. If you're fake, it's just going to land you in more trouble.

:D

Citizen Bleys
11-16-2004, 01:03 AM
SA: Boys are a lot less mature when it comes to these things. =/

Right, because grand, sweeping generalizations are always right.

Razael: The Angel Slayer
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Hey meet the inventor of "the third wheel"!
No-one wants to hang around with some video game character named Razael: The Angel Slayer.

However, sometimes the greatest thinking is done in solitude, Rikkie Dorant (Yes thats his real name, I think) from Damn Karma wrote the song "Insolent Cur" after his girlfriend left him and his grandmother died.
and "Insolent Cur" is a great song.

So fear not, you my be alone but in truth you are never really alone.

"Even a Lone-Wolf does not stay Lone forever"

Love Razael :D

UltimateSpamGrover
11-16-2004, 03:45 AM
go play Final Fantasy XI. That solves all problems! *faints from exhaustion*

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-16-2004, 04:36 AM
I don't think boys are icky and I'm twelve. Minouwagaincity is actually one of my best friends at school. Though, I think its because of my love of games.

Thank you for telling me that so that I can proceed to murder any of the boys who so much as looks at you.

Trumpet Thief
11-16-2004, 04:42 AM
chaos: Believe it or not, nowadays girls, over here anyways, are more interested in those "badass" and "mean" people. Shove someone in a garbage can and you'll be sure to get some answers :D

Rubedo: But seriously, it might happen eventually. I knew that at your age, I liked girls, but never thought of relationships yet. I still thought I was too young... ah well... when you grow up, you'll meet more people. Not having a relationship with anyone ain't the end of the world.

chaos:... Or you could get a haircut or something :p

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Be yourself....you'll find someone....

i believe patience is the key!!

TheAbominatrix
11-16-2004, 08:48 AM
I think you're in way too much of a hurry, but I suppose most of us are/were/will be at that age. Here's my two cents.

Things will happen eventually, I know from experience. I didnt get my first kiss till I was almost 16. I spent most of my teenage years thinking I was hideous and hating myself and desperately wanting to have a boyfriend. Now I'm 21, I like the way I look, and I have a boyfriend, one I may marry someday. The point is, it'll all happen in time. Not to mention that the man I'm dating had a thing for me in jr high (and I for him) but both of us were too shy to say anything. You may be the object of someone's affections and may not know it.

Peegee
11-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm incessantly misanthropic yet I'm unnaturally popular when I want to be.

So can you.

Silmaril
11-16-2004, 12:47 PM
In the school I'm going to right now, I thought I only made one friend. But when we broke up for Eid holidays so many people came wished me a happy eid/ hugged that I was stunned.

Just continue being a nice person and I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends.

Xander
11-16-2004, 12:58 PM
I agree with Lindsey, the less you think about wanting to be with someone, and get on with other things, the more likely you'll find someone in the end. It just happens when it happens, and it'll creep up and surprise you when you're least expecting it. No matter who you are. And you'll be more attractive as a confident person who is happy on their own, than as someone who needs to be with someone else.

StarlightAngel
11-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Thank you for telling me that so that I can proceed to murder any of the boys who so much as looks at you.

Arouna looks at me a lot but you haven't killed him.

DMKA
11-16-2004, 04:15 PM
:love:

Just don't get into relationships because you're physically attracted to the person. Get to know people and become friends before jumping at them, and don't expect someone to just say "OMG I WANT YOU 2 B MI SOLMAYTEE!" You have to be somewhat outgoing as well, if you want to be in a relationship that bad.

Personally though, I don't think you find relationships...I think they find you, or they have with me anyway (the few times they have).

Spritz
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
In my whole life, 17 years of it, I've only ever seen one relationship between two 'young' people, which hasn't broken up and left both parties feeling stupid. My advice is just wait and just be friends with women untill your penis gets the better of you. In the mean time; theres always masterbation.

The Captain
11-16-2004, 08:41 PM
No matter how bleak your social life appears to be, eventually, someone breaks through and really gets to you. We can try to put up a protective front of not being interested or finding reasons for not having a boyfriend/girlfriend so that we can justify being alone but in reality, there is no one way to have a relationship, they just happen.

The longer you believe you'll be alone, the harder you'll eventually fall for someone when they come into your life if you continue to dispair. More than anything else, the three most important things to keep in mind are:

1. Always be yourself. Don't conform to someone else's liking just to have a relationship as those are doomed from the very beginning. Love that lasts occurs when both parties fall in love based on who they really truly are, not who they appear to be, or pretend to be. When you find someone who you are completely comfortable around, that's a sign that perhaps there is something more there.

2. Don't be in any hurry. As many others have said, relationships, no matter the age can come and go at any time. People who stress out over not being in a relationship usually make themselves so miserable that they miss out on chances to find a real, solid relationship. Instead, take everything in stride for now, find out who you are, and what you would like to be, then see if there are people out there who share your interests and get involved. The more active and social you are, the broader range and variety of people you'll meet.

3. Finally, don't burn any bridges or write someone off as being "out of your league" or as "not being your type" just based upon physical features. One of the most amazing things I've seen in many long-term, lasting relationships is that both people thought the other was either not their type or too good for them when they first saw each other, yet when they really got to know each other, all of these outer obstacles disappeared. I know it's very hard not to judge someone based upon appearance, but really get to know someone before you really decide whether or not they are for you. Perhaps not everyone is a supermodel on the outside, but really, the outside doesn't last forever. It's what's inside that does and really, what counts in love.

Take care all.

Fate Fatale
11-16-2004, 09:04 PM
3. Finally, don't burn any bridges or write someone off as being "out of your league" or as "not being your type" just based upon physical features. One of the most amazing things I've seen in many long-term, lasting relationships is that both people thought the other was either not their type or too good for them when they first saw each other, yet when they really got to know each other, all of these outer obstacles disappeared. I know it's very hard not to judge someone based upon appearance, but really get to know someone before you really decide whether or not they are for you. Perhaps not everyone is a supermodel on the outside, but really, the outside doesn't last forever. It's what's inside that does and really, what counts in love.

:D I've done that! Of course the the girl I asked out didn't ever say no, she just went out with sumone else the next day. I have lots of female friends, and they all think of me as a "friend". And because of this people think I'm gay. O_o I dunno why, but they do.

The Captain
11-16-2004, 09:56 PM
"I've done that! Of course the the girl I asked out didn't ever say no, she just went out with sumone else the next day. I have lots of female friends, and they all think of me as a "friend". And because of this people think I'm gay. O_o I dunno why, but they do."

That unfortunately, is usually a product of youth. Most young folk aren't looking for any kind of relationship and prefer to remain single and jump from one person to the next, perhaps not in a sexual way, but more in a way to try and have as much freedom as they can. I wouldn't worry about this too much, because as you get older, the people in your life will be seeking stability and actual commitment rather than just constant change for the sake of change.

Don't let other people define who you are, just continue doing what you enjoy doing, and growing as a person. Eventually, they'll see you for who you truly are.

Take care all.

Craig
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Some peopple think i'm gay because one of my best friends is a girl, what they don't realise is i'm secretly in love with her.

theundeadhero
11-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Some people think i'm gay because one of my best friends is a girl, what they don't realise is i'm secretly in love with her.If her name happens to be Cher something horrible is gonna happen to you for being a lot like me.

Craig
11-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Nope her name isn't Cher -sigh of relief-

11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Even though no-one listens to me, and when I do say something it's already been said one hundred times, I never quit!
When I was rejected for my first audition for FF6, did I quit?.....Yes, but I sooo regreted it (Cause Terra's a hottie ;) ).
I said this before: "A Lone-Wolf never stays Lone".
In sumise, Rejection sucks but it's a part of the grand scheme, and when the final curtain falls, You, Me and the other loons from these forums can trade stories, laugh at misfortunes, do our hair and talk about boys, Uh I mean....Cars and Action movies, or if that doesn't do it for....(Hears cocking of shotgun).

Anyway, Live the life you've got....Bad luck never lasts!
S*** Happens or if thats too vulgar try this: Life has the potential to be a shakespearian masterpeice, it's just up to the actors to take the cue!
Trust Me, I'm A Doctor! (and with that I mean Video Game Character)

Love
Razael :D

theundeadhero
11-17-2004, 12:45 AM
You, Me and the other loons from these forums It is pretty sad that a normal and very sane kind of person like myself can get along with people better here in the Loony Bin than out it the real world. Have a mayonaisse (sp?) sandwhich! It pretty much goes to show that when looking for someone just look for someone with things you both like and share and it will develop a better relationship than random site seeing.

Glendon
11-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Make no mistake NewBlackMage, girls have cooties. And if you kiss one, you will get it. As a carrier of the disease since the age of seven, I feel it is my responsibility to warn you that to date, no cure nor vaccination has been developed.

In other news: I am lying.

11-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Cooties.....Oh dear.....(casts "Dispel" continuously).

(Sigh)There all gone, oh and as for my quote: You, Me and the other loonies at this forum, how do I know that your not the crazy one, in fact all of you are crazy, I'm the only one that's not crazy, I'll show you al....(Paine Slaps Razael)....Sorry guys, I'm sure that if you met any one of us in the outside world you'd probably enjoy our company, thats not to say that I personaly don't enjoy everyones company.

So to you I say "Salute'" (Steals Aurons flask, and takes a swig)...Phhhh, ugh, Lemonade?.....Sissy!

Anyway, Love
Razael