PDA

View Full Version : Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)

Glendon
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Has anyone played this game? If so, is it good in comparison to Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger? Every six months or so I go back and play classic RPG's obsessively, and I'm thinking about SoM2.

Necronopticous
11-17-2004, 03:54 PM
In my opinion Seiken Densetsu 3 is the best of the mana series, not even close to Chrono Trigger though.

Sefie1999AD
11-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 (which is *NOT* Secret of Mana 2 since it has as much to do with Seiken Densetsu 2 aka Secret of Mana than what, say, FF6 has to do with FF7) is a very good game, IMHO. There's three different storyline quests, and each quest is fun to do once. The gameplay is what really shines here. The battles take place in real time, and they feel a lot like a combination of CT and KH (though I think CT and KH are better games than SD3), and the game is very fun to play.

Replay value must be the game's best feature. You have six characters, and each one has class changes which can lead you to 4 different final classes for each character. Each final class is also somewhat different from each other (some being very different). You can only choose three characters and one final class for each. Characters are all special individuals (Lise is my favorite :)) so none of them is like in FF8 where only things that separates characters from each other are graphics and limit breaks. The choice of choosing a party and their classes is really hard, and that's what makes the game so good and gives it such a high replay value. You can form 20 different parties with the characters, and if you include class changes in this calculation, you can form 7,680 different class combinations for your party. :whoa:

Seiken Densetsu 3 might not be as great a game as the FF series, but it's still very fun and addictive. :D

LunarWeaver
11-20-2004, 06:02 AM
Seiken 3 certainly is one of the best games around... Grab a translated rom and feel that magic! Now I love my Kingdom Hearts just as much as the next Squarunkie, but secretly I wish they had used the cash to make a Secret of Mana game... Mmm :O

Giga Guess
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
I'll give this a high recommendation.

theundeadhero
12-10-2004, 03:07 AM
I have a hard time bringing myself to play ROMS anymore. I wish it was on an english system.

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2004, 04:13 PM
If you're that desperate you could try getting the cart from ebay. Course it'd be in japanese, which would require a japanese snes...*cough*

Not Dave
12-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I prefer it over both CT and SoM. Great game.