PDA

View Full Version : Post your theories on.. (spoilers)

Ironman0723
11-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Gogo. I just think that he/she is a normal Mime, with not much of a past linked to anybody else. But what are your theories?

Flying Mullet
11-17-2004, 05:16 PM
There aren't theories, there is one fact, Gogo is Adlai Stevenson.

http://www.fizzban.com/thekeep/archive/3036.html

Ironman0723
11-17-2004, 05:39 PM
lmao.. how many of you actually believe that?

Zante
11-17-2004, 06:35 PM
I do, but I also think they didn't put him in the game for no reason.

Flashback007
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I think Gogo is actually Ozzy Osbourne :p . No seriously, there are so many rumors about who it can be. All with various theory's I sometimes don't get it anymore. Some say it's Darryll. Other believe it's Barram. I even readt that are some people that believe that it's Emperor Gesthal. But I think. He is just a something. Created in the stomach of the Zone-Eater. A stranger. To balance the world. Maybe he's some kind of Esper with his Mime abbilty. I don't think he's a living person, he is just created for a purpose. The purpose to serve the heroes. Don't forget in other FF's the earth had the WEAPONS to defend themselves. Maybe Gogo is some kind of WEAPON created by the earth, to defend the earth.

Strider
11-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Pssh. Non-believers.

Adlai forever!

Doomgaze
11-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Adlai, without a shadow of a doubt.

DJZen
11-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I have to say, I was skeptical at first, but I'm leaning heavily toward the Adlai Stevenson camp....

m4tt
11-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Adlai is my best guess.

But I've always wondered about Barron and how he just up and vanished without a trace.

arcdragon9
11-19-2004, 08:16 PM
If Gogo was an esper with Mime abilities then she/he would have disappeared with the others after Kefka was defeated.

Doomgaze
11-20-2004, 05:27 AM
I dunno. Maybe Gestahl executed him when Edgar got the party out of Vector and LEFT HIM BEHIND.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Adlai. No doubt about it.

screwzloos
12-05-2004, 02:07 AM
keep in mind the game was first made in japan so i am not sure the creators would likely have done research on and made reference to some random us senator in the plot. also, i am not sure about the legitimacy of this article, but it looks pretty good and might just put more emphasis on someone else from within the game. http://www.square-x.com/news/128 i might be wrong though, and if GOGO really were the senator it would be rather amusing.

feioncastor
12-05-2004, 05:37 AM
FFVI was developed by the Japanese, who probably would've never heard of a US Presidential Candidate, especially if that cadidate did not ever go on to actually be President.

Chances are, that's all coincidence, but I wont' guarantee it. The resemblence is striking, but so are a lot of things. What is the likliehood of that happening?

Honestly, if that page posted by the guy above me is for real, then I'm going with Darryl to be Gogo. I mean, if the cut scene involved Gogo and Setzer, clearly Gogo has something to do with Setzer, hence Gogo must be Darryl.

That is assuming that the person did not forge that e-mail or anything.

Feion

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 05:56 AM
There is NO ADDITIONAL SCENE BETWEEN SETZER AND GOGO. You can hack the game if you don't believe me.

Gogo=Adlai Stevenson. Actually, that was my signature for a while a long, long time ago.

Remnant
12-05-2004, 06:36 AM
I always thought Gogo was just Gogo. A character from V that you get the mime class from, who was thrown into VI because they felt like it.

Gogo isn't anybody. If Gogo were somebody, s/he would be an imperfect mime. And Gogo states that s/he has mastered the Silmulracum (horrible sp) or whatever the fancy name of the mime technique is.

Doomgaze
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
You don't understand. Square didn't INTEND Gogo to be Adlai Stevenson. The awesome power of Adlai Stevenson's spirit manifested itself in the code!

Ironman0723
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
^lmao^

WebGraphics
12-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Sure it's a fun rumor, and the quotes seem to fit... So what if you can't prove it, right? Well, speaking as somebody who really read the references listed for those quotations, I say to you that it is simply a hoax.

The guy who originally wrote them was too young to have stumbled across them "by chance." Plus... they're not there.

theundeadhero
12-11-2004, 04:10 AM
There aren't theories, there is one fact, Gogo is Adlai Stevenson.You can't argue with that.

commodorejohn
12-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Boy. I'm leaning towards Adlai Stevenson. Those quotes are just too perfect to be coincidence; I'm convinced someone at Square must study American political history. Geez, everything on that page corresponded with Gogo or Gogo's cave!

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm going to go with the Daryl thing, just because it seems much more probable than some American senator, I mean, how often do FF games relate to American politics? Ancient Aztec, Roman, Greek mythology, yes, but not American politics! Geez... Anyway, here's my idea. Gogo is Estragon, a character from Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot. There were 2 characters, Vladimir and Estragon, but they referred to each other informally as Didi and Gogo. Interestingly, Estragon tended to follow Vladimir's lead and copy everything he did...

Remnant
12-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Hmm... I retract my prior statement in favor of the following:

Gogo is an ancient from FFVII. If you level him up to 99 and get 255 economizers, you can go back into his cave and you will be given instructions on how to revive Aeris.

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Sexually Yourso_O

Ironman0723
12-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I think that letter is bogus. Some other editorials on that website are bogus too.

BlackCape
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
I think the Gogo in FF6 is either the same Gogo from FF5(if not,related to him/her) or is Daryl. and that whole "Gogo is Adlai Stevenson" thing is just too far out,even for Square

Iridant
12-31-2004, 09:35 PM
I think that the adlai thing is a coincedence (Or {Quote Doomgaze} You don't understand. Square didn't INTEND Gogo to be Adlai Stevenson. The awesome power of Adlai Stevenson's spirit manifested itself in the code!)
I think Gogo is Gogo. A mime. Nothing more. It's like asking "Who is Umaro?" (Although I'd like to know some history on him too). Ok, so, "Who is Celes?" then :mad:

theundeadhero
12-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I think the Gogo in FF6 is either the same Gogo from FF5(if not,related to him/her)I don't think it's actually intended to be any reference to FFV. The makers of the game thought about how it would be pretty cool to have someone like Gogo in the game and made it a playable character. Is Gogo the real Japanese name?

Doors
12-31-2004, 11:50 PM
I think Gogo is a man covered in clothing with no story behind him.
I have a question:Who is MOG?Well?

DJZen
01-01-2005, 01:11 AM
There is NO ADDITIONAL SCENE BETWEEN SETZER AND GOGO. You can hack the game if you don't believe me.

Gogo=Adlai Stevenson. Actually, that was my signature for a while a long, long time ago.

Hehehe.....

I've done just that, and it's true, there is no revealing dialogue about Gogo whatsoever. I found LOTS of cool stuff I didn't know about before though. My favorite is the error message.

Christmas
05-03-2022, 02:14 AM
Gogo is Gogo.Just like Phoenix down is Fenix down and Aeris is Aerith. :bigsmile: