PDA

View Full Version : Wutai-Shinra war:explain?

Itsunari 2000
11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
I can't help but express curiousity over the Wutai-Shinra war :exactly when did it happen , prior to the events of FF7 ? Where did it all spring from ? How was it concluded ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2004, 08:15 PM
I guess it happened less than 22 years before FFVII, since Aeris had been born and delivered into Elmyra's care before it was all over.

The war started when Godo decided he wanted more influence in the world and therefore went about trying to conquer locations on the main continents.

It was concluded when Shin-Ra decided they had maimed the Wutai armies enough with their robots and SOLDIERs and allowed Wutai to continue to exist as a dinky tourist trap.

Doomgaze
11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
see also: WWII

Itsunari 2000
11-18-2004, 04:28 PM
So Wutai was the aggressor , not Shinra ?

Doomgaze
11-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes. Also, didn't it end some time after Cloud went off on his attempt to join SOLDIER? Something about him saying he regretted the war ending before he could see any action?

Flashback007
11-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Yes. Also, didn't it end some time after Cloud went off on his attempt to join SOLDIER? Something about him saying he regretted the war ending before he could see any action?

You're right. He said it during the Kalm flashback. That he wanted action, but that when he joined Shinra sended them on serveral not exiting mission. The war also made Sephiroth the great hero, if I'm correct. Every boy wanted to be like him, because he was so good.

But Levithian joined also in the battle, that is what your hear the old man in front of the Pagode say, but somehow, the Shinra could defeated Levithian. It makes me curious, cause how the hell could the Shinra beat such a big water snake?? Not with the high-tech stuff they have in FFVII. And seeing that the war has happened before FFVII, the high-tech stuff was less high-tech during that war.

I wish they explained more about it in the game. I was always curious about it.

Halenite
11-19-2004, 05:52 PM
The shinra have materia also allowing them to recover and attack with magic as well.

Rostum
11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Do you think Before Crisis will go through the war?

Itsunari 2000
12-16-2004, 07:49 PM
So... let me get this straight ...

1)looking to extend his influence over the world , Godo ordered a series of attacks on various locations on the other continents ie. Shinra territories.
2)repelled by Shinra's SOLDIER, armies decimated , Wutai was attacked in retaliation- vicious fighting , heavy losses as SOLDIER encroached upon Wutai.
3) beseton all sides by SOLDIER , his armies reducedto a pitiful handful of men ,Godo was forcedto capitulate ...

If indeed Wutai wasoccupied for the next 22 years after hostilities had ended , Shinra undoubtedly established it's presence in Wutai as the authority.

In FF7 , when you arrive in Wutai it appears little more than a small , secluded village untouched by the heavy industry and subjugation that is Shinra's trademark. In fact , the only notable suggestion of Shinra's presence is the appearance of two SOLDIERS - besides this ,there's nothingto suggest Wutai is still effectively under Shinra's control.

Please explain ...

Dark Ekonis
12-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I think its more like the Korean war, Shinra just moved them back to their lands, not invading just preventing them from taking over others lands.

Itsunari 2000
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
So Godo is little more than Shinra's puppet - stripped of all military power and left to govern a tourist trap ?

You may as well close this if I get no replies ... :cry: