PDA

View Full Version : Class change

Erdrick Holmes
11-17-2004, 07:20 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned in the walkthrough to FF1 but when do I get to make my characters go up in class change?

Flying Mullet
11-17-2004, 07:38 PM
You can change your characters' classes when you retrieve the Rat Tail from the Castle of Ordeals and present it to Bahamut. The Castle of Ordeals is in the northern central part of the map and Bahamut lives in one of the caves in the island chain in the upper-middle part of the map.

Flashback007
11-18-2004, 08:52 AM
If you try to find Bahamut, go and find the hole were you must walk the longest to. If you want to get your class change, you should go the Castle of Ordeals. Don't take the airship, cause there are a lot of strong enemies from your landing spot till the castle. Instead take your boat, And dock it above the Castle of Ordeals. Less enemies, more HP and MP left

Etsuko
12-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Anyone know about what level I should attempt this? And about what stage in the game I could do this? And also, where exactly is all this stuff located?

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
I usually do the class change before attempting to get to the second Orb/Crystal. I go get the Canoe, get the floater, class change, and then do Gurgu Volcano. Did you know that the fiends say different things depending on what order you defeat them in?

Martyr
12-06-2004, 01:15 AM
I usually do the class change before attempting to get to the second Orb/Crystal. I go get the Canoe, get the floater, class change, and then do Gurgu Volcano. Did you know that the fiends say different things depending on what order you defeat them in?

The fiends do not say anything different, bro. And you know it. Don't be annoying.

Flashback007
12-06-2004, 08:44 AM

No, I didn't know that, what do they say. I once tried to do it while I was searching for Mythrill in the Air Castle. But I got slaughtered by some annoying beasts. I do know though, it's possible to defeat them in random order. Is it even possible to defeat for example Tiamat before you even defeated the Vampire guarding the cave from Lich??

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Strictly speaking there's nothing stopping you from getting the class change the second you have access to the larger part of the continent by Shipage. It's just that sanity expects you to do said marsh cave first.

Martyr
12-06-2004, 02:08 PM
You gotta defeat Lich first.
The order you do the last three is up to you.

I usually go:
Lich, Kary, Kraken, Tiamat
or
Lich, Kraken, Tiamat, Kary

I prefer some challenge in my game, so I normally beat Kary earlier because that's when she poses a threat. But when I skip her, I skip her until the end.

abrojtm
12-07-2004, 12:07 AM
The fiends do say different things, at least in the Wonderswan version. Instead of saying "Oh, so you've defeated Kary", they say other things depending on the order. Also, it's impossible to beat any fiend other than Lich first because the wise men at Crescent Lake will not give you a Canoe unless you have defeated Lich.

Captain Maxx Power
12-07-2004, 10:58 AM
The fiends do say different things, at least in the Wonderswan version. Instead of saying "Oh, so you've defeated Kary", they say other things depending on the order. Also, it's impossible to beat any fiend other than Lich first because the wise men at Crescent Lake will not give you a Canoe unless you have defeated Lich.

One forget's these things. Darn my exorbitant disposition to routine :mad:

feioncastor
12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
If you look in a strategy guide for the game, they will recommend that you beat Kary (or Marilith, on PSX) before getting the class change.

I disagree, however.

After beating Lich, you can head for Crescent Lake, get the Canoe, head to the Ice Cave, get the Floater, head to Ryhuken (Lyuken, on PSX) Desert, get the Airship, then go to the Castle of Ordeals (or Trials, on PSX), get the tail, then give it to Bahamut, get your class, change, then head to Gurgu Volcano (or Mt. Gulg, on PSX), and beat the hell out of Kary with your new shiny sprites.

And, sure, you can beat the fiends out of order, like beating Kraken or Kary last, but why would you want to? The storyline makes a lot more sense if you beat them in order, and plus, they get harder as they go, so if you fight Tiamat before Kary, well, Kary will be too easy, and she's fun to fight because you need strategy to do it.

Feion