PDA

View Full Version : Who here plays guitar?

muchacho
11-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Well, who here plays guitar? what guitar kinda guitar do you have/want? what kinda music do you play? whos your favorite guitarist? how long have you been playing guitar? whats your favorite band? (just for kicks) what scales do you play on?

i play guitar(DUHHH) and i have a POS acoustic guitar by a no named brand, but i want the gibson les paul black bird replica(to bad it costs a @$$ load :mad:). i just started in august, so im not that good but people say for were im at im not bad. Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist, and my favorite band is Led Zeppelin. i play the panatonic scale.

Glendon
11-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Left-handed guitar player here. I have an Ibanez RG Series (Electric) and a Fender (Acoustic/Electric) as well as a Peavey half-stack. Been playing for about 7 years, although not very often the last couple. I started playing because of being a rabid Metallica fan in my early teens. Kirk Hammet is still one of my favorite guitarists, but I have grown to appreciate many more from many different genres.

If I could choose any guitar set up, it would be a Gibson Les Paul and Martin Acoustic played through a Mesa Boogie rig :)

Skogs
11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
I have a Squier Strat. I've been playing irregularly for about four years. I reckon my favourite style of music is blues-influenced rock like the Rolling Stones, the Black Keys and so on. Jeff Buckley was pretty amazing, too, as a singer and guitarist.

Kirobaito
11-19-2004, 03:53 AM
I've never played an electric guitar, and I have a no-name acoustic one.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Fender Acoustic, and a Brawley Threat. I may be getting a Gibson Acoustic and/or Les Paul soon. I've been playing for about three year, maily with rock and blues songs. And what the hell is a chord?

Rostum
11-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I have a Yamaha acoustic/eletric with the nicest mellow sound you could find. A fender telecaster american series. And a dean avalanche MQ strat. They all play pretty well but I'd really like to get a few different Maton guitars and a gibson les paul.

My influences are more bluesy/rock than anything else. I like to play around with any scales I can find (and boy there are alot of them), such as all the blue scales, pentatonic and some spanish scales, etc.

I like to play a lot of Jeff Buckley, The Tea Party, Days of the New and Pearl Jam. Been playing for just over 3 years.

jrgen
11-19-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm left-handed, but I play a right-hand(l?)ed Jackson.
I just started, so I'm a total n00b.
I mostly play metal and I can't play any full songs, only single riffs.
But I will get better.

Moose Knight
11-21-2004, 01:40 AM
I play. Don't pay attention for brand names. Playing the same low quality beginner guitar for 3+ years. I like John Petrucci, Jim Matheos, and Kirk Hammet. I'm also trying some classical style now. That stuff is hard.

Casey
11-21-2004, 05:23 AM
I play left hand guitar, its a Acoustic. I dont know how to play it though, it just sits in the closet collecting dust. My fav. guitarist is Carlos Santana.

Pure Strife
11-21-2004, 03:00 PM
I've been playing for a few years, got an Epiphone SG and a 100watt Marshall. I want a Gibson SG or an Ibanez RG, which I shall one day have hopefully. Favourite stuff to play is pretty much anything by CKY, though I'm capable of pulling off the odd Maiden/Metallica/Alice In Chains solo amongst others. I picked up a few Megadeth records lately, I plan to learn a few of the solos soon, just been busy.

Currently, the ultimate goal is to learn the second Master Of Puppets solo full speed. Can't see it happening any time soon, Hammett is too freaking fast.

NashX
11-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I have an acoustic guitar which I've been meaning to learn how to play, but I keep postponing it...Now I'll never start a band :(.

Shoeberto
11-21-2004, 05:15 PM
I have a Fender P-Bass.
I'm not particularly good.
I want an acoustic guitar.
Or a Les Paul.