PDA

View Full Version : Get out of my way tree!

theundeadhero
11-19-2004, 02:39 AM
Today was a great day for me. We did land navigation training. Normally it's only for 1 to 1 1/2 hours but it was all day today. Land Nav is where you get a map, protractor, and a compass. They give you grid locations and the you find where they are on the map, what degree to follow on your compass, and how far away they are. Normally they're pretty close together but since we had all day they were spread all over post. When your on your way to a point and you run into an obstacle you can choose to go through it or find all kinds of funny angles and back azmiths to go around it. Me, I go straight through no matter what it is. I was plowing through the bushes over by the gym. Then hopped the fence and went through the baseball field even though the sprinklers were on. I walked right through the middle of the daycare playground that the kiddies were playing in and through the woods behind them and the PX. It was so much fun. The second part you had to hop in your car and drive around looking for them. You can only imagine. We were bustin "U-turns" in the middle of the street, cutting through football fields, and even drove through some yards. We had to of broken at least half the traffic laws, but hey, we're in the Army, we don't get tickets. I wasn't driving anyway.

Meat Puppet
11-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Slow drivers get in my way :(

Hivetyrant
11-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Ahh, sounds like Orientiering, I have always loved it, feels so good to run through the bush, and especiallt with friends...
Sometimes setting up traps for the other teams...

fire_of_avalon
11-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Don't you yell at that tree omg. :aimmad:

theundeadhero
11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
He started it! A stick fell on me head.

fire_of_avalon
11-19-2004, 06:48 PM
:exdee: every time I see this thread title, I laugh so hard.

You're promoted.

Psychotic
11-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Shoot the trees!

escobert
11-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Slow drivers get in my way :(
I'll remember that next time I drive infront of you :p :tongue: