PDA

View Full Version : Poop on a stick!

Juniper Jade
11-19-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm so aggravated! I borrowed FF IX from my brother to beat it. He had given me to two Disc 3's because he said one of them had a scratch in it. When I got to Disc 3 I put one of them in and played before it just went black when switching scenes. No biggie, I just put in the second one. I'm at the very end of disc 3. I had defeated the Silver Dragon, destroyed Garland, and just as I was about to beat Kuja's butt, the game stops. The second disc has a scratch on it! :mad: I tried putting in the other one but that one just brings up a black screen! I am so mad! I was so, so close to beating it but now I can't! :(

So.. just thought I would vent :greenie:

Armisael
11-19-2004, 12:17 PM
wow,that's means bad luck..you're really on the end of disc 3..
well the only thing i can say it's just try again..maybe the other time the disc will load normally..

Optium
11-21-2004, 01:25 AM
If you have a regular PSX or another PS2 or something, try it on one of
those, also try the toothpaste scratch remover trick. ;]

I let my friend borrow FFVIII but my disc 2 is scratched so he can't move
on, so I tried it out on my PS2 and it works, so I said maybe it's his, so we
tried his PSX and that didn't work so I said I'd try out MY PSX and if that
worked I'd let him borrow that. Turns out the only one of the four systems
that plays the game is the one that's missing screws and can be opened
about half way by hand, my PS2 which went through a failed mod-chip
installation because I couldn't find my soddering iron and tried to do it with
a steak knife heated up on the stove. Hard to be accurate... ^_^

.opt

Juniper Jade
11-21-2004, 01:46 AM
What's the toothpaste scratch remover trick? lol I've never had this problem before so I'm a n00b ^^;;

Optium
11-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Toothpaste, tissue, water.

Apply toothpaste to moistened tissue and proceed to rub it into the CD
(which you can wet before hand as well if needed) with soft circular
motions. Once the CD is covered with bubbly toothpaste, rinse it off and
dry it with another tissue or soft cloth. When it's dry, throw it in and go
nuts. :p

.opt

Ryth
11-21-2004, 02:56 AM
What's the toothpaste scratch remover trick? lol I've never had this problem before so I'm a n00b ^^;;

Never try that or any other tricks it never seems to work but what as worked for me was just taking a cloth and gently rub the black side of the disc it worked with me for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Tony Hawk's Underground 2: World Destruction Tour and maybe it'll work if you try again because the same thing happened to me (discluding it being your friends and having multiple discs) and it ended it up working. Speaking off poop today my new puppy went in my room and pooped on my Super Smash Bros. Melee disc and something screwed up a bit it is a little buggy I think but it works like 96.8% of the time. I was pissed before I found it was okay I didn't beat the poor puppy I mean I let him know that you don't poop on thr floor put I didn't beat him really hard or anything.

Lon611
11-21-2004, 03:18 AM
if you're playing ffix on the original playstation, try playing on a playstation 2. i had a problem where my game would freeze whenever it loaded ne type of monster. so i put it into my playstation 2 and it works perfectly. good luck

EDIT:feels weird posting again, lol

Optium
11-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Also, if your PS2 is horizontal, try putting it vertical. And the toothpaste
trick has worked for me probably about 20 times in the past 5 years or so.

.opt

DJZen
11-21-2004, 08:16 PM
If your dog pooped on your disc, maybe you should try not leaving it on the floor. :rolleyes2

Try using a resurfacer such as the disc doctor. They actually grind out scratches without doing damage to the info on the CD. Well, unless you grind 'em down TOO much..... Then you're just F'd. After getting it resurfaced, you may want to invest in those new fangled protector films. Apparently you can leave 'em on and they play just fine.

Juniper Jade
11-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys! ^_^ I'm playing it on PS2 and it's vertical. I'll try some of those tips now, thanks!

Ayamaoko
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
My current problem is that the outer continent on disk 4 won't show up at all.. Oo;

The game isn't scratched or anything.. It'll work perfectly until you go toward the outer continent.. which.. will be none existant.. I've had a mountain or 2 floating above the water (and half of qu's marsh) but if I fly my airship to it, then the game glitches and I'm stuck in a never ending sea of mist..

><;;;

I don't own a ps2 (yes I'm THAT poor) so I can't really try it in one. I've tried every scratch removal remedy I could think of. (there wasn't even any scratches)

:cry: I'm so sad....

Juniper Jade
11-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Wow.. that is one glitch O.O Did you just buy the game? Maybe you could return it for a new one? Just throwing out ideas, lol

Thanks guys, the toothpaste thing worked. I beat the Silver Dragon, Garland and Kuga. But I got my butt handed to me by the Nova Dragon. <_< Thanks again! ^_^