PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear 3 is amazing!

Fukami-Haruda
11-20-2004, 07:37 AM
God I'm loving this game. Awsome story and atmosphere (it's hilarious as to how it takes itself so seriously and has that parody-ish 60's spy flicks vibe, and you KNOW crazy plot twists are gonna happen), beautiful graphics, and lots of eye candy: Snake, young Ocelot..woahohoho!

edczxcvbnm
11-20-2004, 08:21 AM
The boss fights are really good this time around but you don't really care that they died as they have no back story or history really to tell. They may say somethings but you don't ever give a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gif about them like you would about Sniper Wolf or Pyscho Mantis.

Really good story though and the camo aspect of the game has made this the hands down best spy game yet(time to go back to the drawing Splinter Snore).

nik0tine
11-21-2004, 01:46 AM
MGS3 is OUT?! When did this happen?

Velmeran
11-22-2004, 10:14 PM
The game itself is great, the ending IMO a HUGE improvement over MGS2.
Don't want to spoil anything, but I loved the game, almost on my 2nd run through it. Still finding new stuff.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-25-2004, 12:51 AM
I've been playing since monday, like and hour and a half a day. The game's amazing.
I like everything about the game. The jungle, the weapons, the items, the food, the bosses (althought I've only faced two of them.) and the movies. Best spy game ever.

Ocelot's a n00b. =P

Lord Chainsaw
11-30-2004, 11:56 PM
I just picked the game up on on Wednesday, but I can't stop playing Star Ocean for some reason. I've played a bit of this game so far, and I'm really liking the story. If I can pry myself away from Star Ocean for a good couple of hours I can probably get this game finished before Christmas.

One thing that I happened to enjoy about the previous Metal Gear Solid games is that They always flat out tell you who your antagonist is. MGS1 and MGS2 didn't pull any fancy smokes and mirrors. It was Solidus and Liquid the whole time. I think it was great the way they didn't try to downplay or undermine them. They had effectively the entire length of the game to develop a conflict between the player and the villain instead of having them enter 2/3rds of the way through the game like some sort of handicap. I'm not sure if they're going to do this with MGS3, but I hope they do. It sure beats those stupid games where your final boss ends up being nothing more then some abstract concept.

I'm just a big fan of Hideo Kojima's work. That guy is incredible. Sakaguchi's new company needs to sign him on. With the likes of Sakaguchi, Nobuo and Hideo on one team, one would think video game armageddon would be at hand.

Chzn8r
12-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Metal Gear 3? I didn't know they made one. Been a while since they've made a plain old Metal Gear, it's all been Solid the past 6 years ;)

Sephex
12-02-2004, 12:22 AM
I bought it they day it was released and played it for 11 hours. I proceeded to beat it the next day. I have gone through it 3 more times since and unlocked most of the secrets. Awesome game. It's my personal Game Of The Year!

Nephiliam
12-02-2004, 12:42 AM
My boyfriend rented it and I watched him play it. Lets just say that I have been playing MGS2 alot more since. xD It really is a great game, thinking about buying it for xmas in fact. =) I love how you can change your camo and face paint.. and how you have to cure yourself and eat food. Makes it more realistic.

-N-
12-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Game of the Year indeed - this game is pretty effin' solid. No pun intended.

And the ending is effin' brilliant. Everything just makes sense after it.

muchacho
12-09-2004, 04:31 AM
OMG THAT GAME IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF THE 3 (in my opinion) playing that game makes me wish i had a game cube so i could play twin snakes......... DAMN YOU GAME CUBE FOR HAVEING THE ONE GAME I WANT TO PLAY %^%#$%@#$%^#^%