PDA

View Full Version : Seems like Squeenix has A LOT riding on FFXII

Fukami-Haruda
11-20-2004, 07:40 AM
After all the experimentel FF's, some fans are arguing that the FF series has lost a bit of it's edge. Also, with all the high profile resignations, it sounds like if XII doesn't deliver what the fans are hungry for Square might be in a tight spot. Personally I can't wait for XII and I'm keeping an optimistic outlook.

Loony BoB
11-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks to FFXI, I don't think SE will be in a tight spot for quite some time. They've increased their profitability over the last six months without releasing any new major titles at all. That says a hell of a lot. They're hauling in the cash, from what I've read. Some people say that FFIX and FFX were both failures. Yet they still stay loyal to the FF series and play each one. That's how much SE have going for them.

Personally, I hope it does go well, though. I'm really looking forward to FFXII.

Dark Ekonis
11-23-2004, 02:42 PM
I think that FF will continue to dominate the RPG series for many years to come, The numbers never lie. And about IX and X being failures, I would have to dissagree, they portrayed exactly the theme that SE was going for, and what the majority of the fans insisted on. Again the numbers. How can selling over a million copies of each be deemed a failure in anyones eyes?

LunarWeaver
11-24-2004, 02:33 AM
I doubt they are in too much trouble any time soon... People may say this final fantasy is a failure or that final fantasy wasn't any good, but that's compared to their favorite game in the series. Take any major final fantasy game against other RPGs and they still come way out on top. I'm not sure why so many people hated IX and X... IX was traditional, and in my experience most who hate it came in at VII and don't realize that VII itself was a big breakaway from the series ya know? As for X... Linear isn't everyone's cup I guess. I liked how much they changed for X personally. By the time a company reaches a X mark in their series, doing the same thing isn't so much traditional as just formulaic, so of course they're going to try new things. I have to wonder why so many people want final fantasy to stay so much the same actually... Take any other big series, like Resident Evil or such, with much less installments and people are begging for a complete overhaul O_o;

CloudSquallandZidane
11-24-2004, 04:48 AM
If Square fails with FFXII we wont know until FFXIII because every1 will buy 12 and then if the get turned off the series we wont know until 13. But im one of those die-hards, who as long as they make them ill buy them. I owe the producers of FFVII and FFVIII that much...

Behold the Void
11-24-2004, 05:55 AM
I'd say Squeenix is going strong and probably shall be for years to come.