PDA

View Full Version : Bridget Jones 2 [spoilers]

Xander
11-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Anyone watched this? I watched it last night, and I thought it was great. I kept hearing that it wasn't as good as the first, but I thought it came pretty close. Sure, a lot of jokes were repeated, but I thought the way that they were repeated actually worked pretty well. It kinda make me think "Ahh that stuff STILL happens to her *amused*", and not "oh they just reused that from the first movie". I thought it was great when Darcy dragged Daniel Cleaver outside to fight with him again, just like he did in the first one.

I also thought there was a lot of new stuff that was funny, and different from the first, for example when she was trying to ask for a pregnancy test in the ski-shop, or when she ate the magic mushrooms without realising. xD

I thought there were some touching bits too, like the way she struck up an unusual friendship with the Thai girls when she was in prison. It was a film that left me feeling happy.

Generally, I just really enjoyed it. Opinions?

Miriel
11-20-2004, 08:11 PM
The "sissy fight" had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. That scene alone was worth the $9.50 ticket price.

I adore the first Bridget Jones movie, I think that it's the best romantic comedy that's come out in ages. And the second one is pretty much more of the same old stuff. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It doesn't have the emotional arc of the first movie, and I thought the storyline was a bit flimsy, but whatever it lacks in depth is made up by the pure hilarity of it all. I think I laughed a lot more in this movie than in the first. The only thing I thought was just WEIRD was the whole lesbian thing, that just seemed so out of place.

I can't remember the last time I've laughed to the point of crying. Sure it's no masterpiece, and there isn't going to be an Oscar nomination this time around, but it's such a fun movie. I watched it with all my girlfriends and we just had a blast, we were guffawing and "awww"-ing the whole way through.

Oh and I fell in love with Colin Firth all over again with the "I happen to have a high regard for your wobbly bits" line :love: :love: :love:

Dreddz
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
i saw it werent as gd as the first 1 but it was still pretty gd