PDA

View Full Version : wtf!!!

pooter7799
11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
:mad2: wut is up with some people these days!?!? no one buys really good games any more they always buy crappy games just cuz they are realated to a movie or tv show like shrek or fairly odd parents or dragonball Z, no 1 bought prince of persia or castlevania lament of innocence. (both incredibly good games)
also, when will square have ff4,5 and 6 come out 4 north america i'v heard that those r one of the best ones, doesnt square realize that that would make major money.
i also think that ff should multi platform

Dking'squeen
11-21-2004, 11:53 PM
I bought castlevania Lament of innocence and love it! and I have POP! I love that game @! I can't wait for the second one to come out!

Chzn8r
11-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Troll?

Trumpet Thief
11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
chaos: People have different opinions of Video Games, and you should let them be entitled to that.

Rubedo: Prince of Persia? I have that, and a lot of others have it as well.

Ryth
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
I know like Ico, Vagrant Story, for some reason Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando didn't get many sales..........so sad......

Sweet Beloved
11-22-2004, 12:14 AM
I like FFX and FFX-2. They were great. I also played Jak and Daxter for a while.

Dking'squeen
11-22-2004, 12:16 AM
I yeah, I've played Tekken1-4, Virtua Fighter, Star Ocean, Dot Hack, Sonic, Marvel VS Capcom, House of the Dead and a bunch of other non movie related games...

XxSephirothxX
11-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil sold poorly because Ubisoft released them at the same time with virtually no advertising. Besides, a lot of gamers are kids, and they don't care about sophistication--they just want cute, puffy pink things that send you off on fetch quests. What's more fun that finding 20 different objects of varying colors for your favorite cartoon character?

Dking'squeen
11-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil sold poorly because Ubisoft released them at the same time with virtually no advertising. Besides, a lot of gamers are kids, and they don't care about sophistication--they just want cute, puffy pink things that send you off on fetch quests. What's more fun that finding 20 different objects of varying colors for your favorite cartoon character?

Ew, that's the worst. I like to go around shooting people or playing games where I can release anger, not fetching things...Ew :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-22-2004, 01:02 AM
when will square have ff4,5 and 6 come out 4 north america i'v heard that those r one of the best ones, doesnt square realize that that would make major money.

Final Fantasy Chronicles and Final Fantasy Anthologies for PS1. Also, the Super Nintendo's Final Fantasy II is actually IV, and Final Fantasy III is actually VI.

Ew, that's the worst. I like to go around shooting people or playing games where I can release anger, not fetching things...Ew

And I could (and will) just as easily say that shooting games and excessively violent games are rather insipid and boring, a game based on that tends to not have a plot. Those that do are much more entertaining.

And as another note, it's been proven that aggressive video games cause aggression, not diminish anger.

Dking'squeen
11-22-2004, 01:33 AM
nice....real nice. THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW :grr: :irked: :hot: :shoot: :radred: :evilking: Just kidding. Lets all play RPGS TOEGTHER. You're right, most all out shooting games don't have a plot, but that ones that do like Halo2 are the best. Fighting games release my anger, really, since I don't like to fight :angel:

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Who cares if other people buy it? If you buy it, and like it, then that's all you need to care about.

edczxcvbnm
11-22-2004, 06:20 AM
No way. If not enough people buy it then I might not get a totally radical sequel.

BatChao
11-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Yea, PoP was a great game, but far too little hype was generated for it. The sequel is lookin good too, but still... too little hype! I fear it'll suffer the same fate as the first one. But word of mouth has helped a bit, so maybe it won't be a total disappointment.

Also, the opposite of what you say is true. Just because a game is licensed, doesn't automatically mean it's bad. For your information, Shark Tale is a pretty fun game, as is Shrek 2.

Cz
11-22-2004, 05:02 PM
You can't blame people for buying games they enjoy. If I saw a child in a shop buying Shrek 2: The Game then I might feel like shoving a copy of PoP under their nose and stopping them from buying licensed crap, but that doesn't mean I would. A small child is likely to enjoy a mediocre game featuring their favourite character just as much as a well-made game without it. The same can be said of adults, in fact. How many people bought Enter The Matrix despite the poor reviews? Absolutely tons, and the majority of them probably felt they made the right choice.

Sure, the poor sales of brilliant but poorly marketed games might have a slightly negative effect on the industry, but the true classics still get they attention they deserve through their cult status. Prince of Persia 2 is in development, as is Wanda to Kyozou, a follow-up to the sublime Ico. These games are getting the recognition they deserve, just not through the mainstream, and there's no problem with that.

Jolts
11-22-2004, 10:05 PM
chaos: People have different opinions of Video Games, and you should let them be entitled to that.
What he said.

I have Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence. It's great. Not as good as Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, but it was still awesome (definately better on the 3-D than the N64 Castlevanias).