PDA

View Full Version : Do you play games as often as you use to?

Dingo Jellybean
11-23-2004, 02:30 AM
MODS: I put this topic here in General Chat as opposed to General Gaming since this primarily deals with your life as opposed to certain videogames. :)

Simple question. Do you?

Personally, I don't. I haven't played any games since August, or almost 4 months. My PS2 was collecting so much dust at a point I just let my brother take it with him.

I don't know why, but games don't seem that fun anymore. I haven't enjoyed games like I use to in the past. I mean certain games like Max Payne 2 still brings a lot of fun, but I hardly find games appealing anymore. I'm not sure if it's because of my job(s), school, and past gf relationships...but I try to enjoy playing games...and I can't. I even tried playing GTA:SA and wasn't even the least bit inspired. Oddly enough, I get a kick out of doing mathematical proofs as opposed to playing games...and music has been such a strong part of my life now...it's kind of taken over the void that the videogames have left.

So yeah...discuss...biatch.

Dking'squeen
11-23-2004, 02:32 AM
I don't sometimes. Before I used to spend every possible moment playing games. Sometimes, I won;t even eat. I satyed up two days straight trying to beat Ultimecia for the first time during a summer, but now, I'll do it when I ave time, which is almost never...unfortunately :(

RSL
11-23-2004, 02:48 AM
I voted a lot less. I just don't get excited about games like I used to.

edczxcvbnm
11-23-2004, 02:50 AM
About the same for me. I still play games like mad and I doubt that will ever change. It will probably only go down if I have kids. I just wouldn't have as much time if that ever happened.

DMKA
11-23-2004, 02:51 AM
I don't know why, but games don't seem that fun anymore.
Yes, same here. It's rather sad, because atleast I was a lifeless loser with a method of having fun...now I'm just a lifeless loser. :(

Yamaneko
11-23-2004, 02:57 AM
I seldom play video games like I used to. The games I do play tend to have an online component, and tend to be FPS.

There's too many sequels and not enough originality nowadays.

Jebus
11-23-2004, 03:05 AM
I don't do anything as much as I used to. Except sleep. I sleep a lot more than anything else.

bennator
11-23-2004, 03:26 AM
I hardly have any time to play anymore. Not that I don't want to per say, but this thing called the "world" and this other thing called "a life" have dominated my time lately.

MoonsEcho
11-23-2004, 03:30 AM
I don't play as much as I used to. I do still play when I have free time with nothing else to do, like when hubby's at work and we don't have the money for me to go anywhere. Mostly though I've been replaying FF games, because I mainly only like RPGs and there haven't been any good ones out for a long time.

Logan
11-23-2004, 03:39 AM
I'd play games, but I sold my ps2 to my aunt. So I haven't played games for over a year. BUT, I started playing Simpsons Road Rage with my dad the last few days. (He bought an X-Box so he could play Halo 2.)

eestlinc
11-23-2004, 03:47 AM
I still play a little, but not like when I was a kid. Of course, they don't make games like they used to. Legend of Zelda helped me clock huge hours, the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, the two SNES FF games, and the immortal F-Zero. Those were the days.

MoonsEcho
11-23-2004, 03:51 AM
I still play a little, but not like when I was a kid. Of course, they don't make games like they used to. Legend of Zelda helped me clock huge hours, the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, the two SNES FF games, and the immortal F-Zero. Those were the days.

I heart you. :cry: :)

m4tt
11-23-2004, 04:03 AM
I probably play about the same.. maybe a bit more. I'll probably always play a lot, but I'm hoping to cut back soon.

Leeza
11-23-2004, 04:27 AM
I just don't have the time to play anymore. Doesn't stop me from buying the games though 'cause I plan on playing them all sometime. The only games that I have played at all lately have been Spaz Monkey and HSGF because I'm determined to beat Bagpipe Classic even if it takes me 23,056 tries to do it. :(

Rostum
11-23-2004, 04:42 AM
When I was little I played games way too much, still somehow managed to get out and get exercise. Anyways, ever since I finished playing FFXI and left, I have not played a single game since (except for a day or so of World of Warcraft Open Beta).

Eh, just don't have the time anymore.

kikimm
11-23-2004, 04:46 AM
It's not that games aren't fun anymore, it's just that now, with so much school, and homework, and actually hanging out with friends.....I don't have as much time. Yet somehow I still manage to come on here way more than I should...meh. I keep on buying games, and am playing about 5 or 6, but I don't have the time I'd like to have at the moment, to really focus on anything big-time. Which makes me sad, but maybe it's a good thing....*shrug* 4-day weekend coming up, so we'll see.

:D

saint35
11-23-2004, 05:00 AM
Lately I have been playing a lot more once i stayed up till 3 am playing a game.

Trumpet Thief
11-23-2004, 05:02 AM
chaos: Personally, the largest issue is time. Exams, work etc. just don't make gaming that fun, especially when you're playing in a rush, or organized time.

Rubedo: I also agree that they are getting less fun, IMO. I miss playing the older Final Fantasies, although there are still a handful of good games in this era.

escobert
11-23-2004, 05:58 AM
I seldom play video games like I used to. The games I do play tend to have an online component, and tend to be FPS.

There's too many sequels and not enough originality nowadays.

Zante
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't play as much as I used to, mostly because the games aren't as good as they used to be and because I found other things to do with the PC like web designing or making graphics.

Agent Proto
11-23-2004, 01:58 PM
I play about the same, maybe a bit less. Or even a bit lot less. There are times where I won't even touch games for weeks, and times when I'll play games nonstop. So it's varying.

Misfit
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Lately I have been playing a lot more once i stayed up till 3 am playing a game.
6 AM HERE, OH YEAH!

Baloki
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Well I'll be playing a lot more games when I go home for christmas because I have to thrash my brother and sister at Timesplitters 2 and Red Alert 2, but at the mo christmas songs and assignments seem to be taking up all my time. However as soon as the assignments are out of the way I'll have a reason to reward myself with a new game, maybe GTA:SA or something else *can't wait*

However until the 17th Dec, a lot less, then afterwards a slight bit more, depends if I can extend the day to 25 hours :D

Rainecloud
11-23-2004, 05:52 PM
I have plenty of time on my hands, but I'm not that interested in games anymore. These days, I only play the WWE games on my Playstation 2. I've tried to "get into" some of the more recent titles available, but none of them appeal to me. I either get bored of them within a couple of days, or I become so annoyed with their flaws that I stop playing them. Games aren't as good as they used to be, in my opinion.

I miss the days of Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog.

m4tt
11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
The only games that I have played at all lately have been Spaz Monkey and HSGF because I'm determined to beat Bagpipe Classic even if it takes me 23,056 tries to do it. :(
You can do it! Use T-Bone, Everybody's Club and the Big Air Ball. You'll always hit it straight, and T-Bone is strong enough to reach the par 5's in 3.

beyondthegrave
11-23-2004, 06:18 PM
MODS: I put this topic here in General Chat as opposed to General Gaming since this primarily deals with your life as opposed to certain videogames. :)

Simple question. Do you?

Personally, I don't. I haven't played any games since August, or almost 4 months. My PS2 was collecting so much dust at a point I just let my brother take it with him.

Me to, I left my Ps2 with my bro like 2 weeks ago an I really can't say I needed it, But I still find games fun I liked GTA San andreas

Triple T
11-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Hmm, well it really depends what game it is. If it's an RPG, who knows when I'll stop. :p

But, I've been having more important stuff to do, like homework, exams, community service hours(bleh)...

Casey
11-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I play less, I read more then I used to though, books that is.

theundeadhero
11-23-2004, 11:19 PM
A play a lot less then I used to. I blame the man. He makes me work. *stick stick*

6 AM HERE, OH YEAH!Why stop there? Just keep on playing!

Del Murder
11-24-2004, 02:32 AM
No, because I have a job.

Leeza
11-24-2004, 07:38 AM
You can do it! Use T-Bone, Everybody's Club and the Big Air Ball. You'll always hit it straight, and T-Bone is strong enough to reach the par 5's in 3.
I used T-Bone with the Everybody's Club and the Big Air Ball and almost everyone else as well, but it's still not mine. :( I'm not about to give up though. :)

Jack
11-24-2004, 12:20 PM
My PS2 blew up. So no I don't play games as much

Dark Matter
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
A lot less. :(
But nevermind that. I'll go back home next Monday and play games 8 hours a day.
Wow!!! I'm getting really excited. :hyper:
Holiday Plans
1. replay KH.
2. finish FFT & FF6.
3. look forward to a new game.

Erdrick Holmes
11-25-2004, 01:15 AM
I don't play that many games anymore because most of the new ones don't appeal to me. I've lost interest in the RPG because I mostly play fighting games and those are almost a dying breed now.

SupersaiyenKuja4
11-25-2004, 01:29 AM
I paly games just as much as i always did... all the time. i usually stay up till 3.00 am, 1 am on school days...

Shlup
11-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Don't you sass me, boy! *moves to World Events*

I would say I play video games a bit more, since we've been having more LAN parties lately.

Auronhart
11-25-2004, 01:59 AM
I said a bit less, because I still play on the weekend a lot, I just end up spending most of my free time during the week on EOFF. :D

CloudSquallandZidane
11-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Dont play video games at all? wow im at alot less, but im not at none quite yet.

Kirkpatrick
11-25-2004, 03:22 AM
I certainly don't games nearly as much has I used to. Over the last few years I've started doing a lot more things and I just don't have the time anymore, or the inclination - I got a new comptuer a few months ago and have only installed a couple of games on it, and the two that are fullscreen I play extremely rarely. I tend to stick to things like emulators or playing a game on the side while I do something else (I love having two computers next to eavch other :)). I guess I don't have the attention span anymore :p

escobert
11-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Don't you sass me, boy! *moves to World Events*

I would say I play video games a bit more, since we've been having more LAN parties lately.
wtf why world events? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dingo Jellybean
11-25-2004, 09:59 PM
wtf why world events? :confused: :confused: :confused:

He likes to be mean...whoops...I mean SHE. :(

Bernhard
11-30-2004, 02:04 AM
I would have to say that the amount of hours is pretty much the same (compared to, say, 5 years ago).

When I went to school, homework (and parties on weekends) was what kept me from playing games all the time. These days I work, and instead of homework I have my other hobbies (mainly photography, yoga and weightlifting) that "take time" from gaming.

So yeah, I still play pretty much the same amount of hours/week and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Venom65437
11-30-2004, 02:17 AM
A lot less.

I don't find game as much fun anymore, but at the same time I don't think games are anywhere close to what they used to be. I'd take a NES anyday.

Other than that, I just have other things I need/want to do. I do school, I'm moving soon, I'll need a job, I want to see my friends, and I would love to have a g/f again to spend time with.

Oh well.

I keep buying games though. I have plenty I need to play through still, I'm sure I'll do it eventually, maybe.

Jojee
12-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Nowadays, I prefer human interaction more :(

Xander
12-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Nah, I've hardly felt like playing any games at all lately, except for bRO. Maybe because of that, and maybe because I'm just going through a stage where I don't feel like playing much. I find that I find it hard to get in a mood where I want to play games when I have a lot of other stuff on my mind, or when I'm busy in general. I need to be in a certain kinda mood to feel like playing games.

I did play FF a lot a few years ago, maybe I played it too much then, so I'm having a break now =P The last thing I played a lot was FFX-2. After that I think I just needed a break from FF in general. I think the next think I'll be playing a lot is KH: Chain of Memories when it comes out here.

Mikztsu
12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
WAY more, because FFXI owns my soul these days.:) I used to spend my time alone, like in EoFF, chatting, other stuff. Now my time alone is 95% FFXI ~

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-03-2004, 12:23 AM
not as frequently because i just finished my final year in highschool...so yea i couldnt play...so now im just trying to get all hyped again...i think i might start with xenogears... its taken me ages to finish...something always happens to halt my playing!

yo momma
12-04-2004, 01:00 AM
I play them a lot less. I don't know why, but it's just like you said. I try to get into an rpg but it doesn't seem as interesting, even games that I like.

Shoeberto
12-04-2004, 01:23 AM
I play online games with my friends. It takes me a bit to play console games because I've gotten myself addicted to the internet...again. I get this feeling of "wait, if I go play that...I won't be online. What if something really, REALLY cool happens and I miss it?"

That and the only game I have right now that's new to me is Final Fantasy Tactics, and that's the kind of game that if I get into, I have to end up spending hours on it (much like Tactics Advanced) to feel as if I've accomplished anything.

zacks_clone
12-04-2004, 03:20 AM
I dont play games that often anymore. In truth, I think it is because I have found other things to amuse me and that the quality of the game has gone down-that,and I no longer even show any intrest at all. Ofcourse, when a certain game, like part of a serries, comes out I'll buy it and play it,but not nearly as often or long as I used to.

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2004, 03:11 PM
A lot less, but that's mainly because I've bled many of my games dry almost. Way too much time on my hands. I tend to mainly talk on msn and post on this forums nowadays than actually play anything.

aeris2001x2
12-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Alot less, and its horrible. But now uni is gone, i can get back 2 games properly. Golden Sun, Dawn of souls, Resident Evil outbreak, Silent hill 1-4 and Pokemon blue-crystal must all be completed before uni comes back. God knows where i will fit the Anime in?

Seriously, i really hate the fact that i can not play them 24/7 anymore, but i will not be defeated *no, must defeat adulthood...no, i,m 15, not 20, screw uni and work, come here glorious FF*

Mindflare
12-26-2004, 07:06 PM
If it isn't Tetris, I probably haven't played it in a while if at all.

I play games with my roomates whenever they want me to, as well.

Other than that, since I quit playing Asheron's Call 2 (which stole my soul for around 16 months) a few months ago, I haven't been playing games near as much as I used to.

Thunday Man
12-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Im 18 now, and i definatly dont play as much when i was like 14 or so. i almost never play any games on PS2/n64/xbox anymore. i still play like computer games a hour or two a day though usually.

sh1nta
12-26-2004, 07:22 PM
how do u class change in final fantasy 1, for gba... ive been playing it for awhile i got 2 rublies the floater and im lvl 42, how come i havent changed classes yet, or how do i?

ZeZipster
12-26-2004, 07:42 PM
I've been on my computer alot more since I got Digital Design and Computer Programming classes. If it isn't a multiple player game and I'm not invited I probably won't play.

Thunday Man
12-26-2004, 08:05 PM
sh1nta, might want to try the ff1-5 forums for that question.

DMKA
12-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Actually, since Joel sent me Guilty GearX2 I've been playing again. :)

Still not nearly as much as I used to.

Teek
12-27-2004, 12:51 AM
I collected a full-time job, a gym membership, and a best friend, so it's very hard to find time to play games. Besides that, I find myself playing the same games over and over again. I rarely play new games.

I'll make an exception for Suikoden IV, I bet.

Mirage
12-27-2004, 04:36 AM
A bit less, for a number of reasons. First, attending to a univeristy occupies a lot of my time. Second, I've played all the good games I've got so much, they're not really that entertaining anymore. I assume I will start playing a lot more when I get Disgaea, MGS3 and FFXII.

Enoki
12-27-2004, 05:50 AM
I got a job, and a girlfriend, and I'm working on becoming a powerlifter. I still manage about 8-10 hours a week though. My love for games is still just as strong as ever though.

Mr. Graves
12-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Like others, time is lacking. I have adult-like responsabilities at my young age of 22, I'm a full-time college student, and I have things to do like exercising and whatnot.

But I've played more games in the last week from being away from college than I have in the weeks that I was a college student, so I guess it goes from not at all to only part of the time. *too lazy to look at poll options atm*