PDA

View Full Version : Which FF had the CRAZIEST plot? ::spoilers are tagged::

skatehippie
11-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Basically, which Final Fantasy made you think "Wow those writers are crazy." Or something to that effect...

For me it's kind of a tie between VII and X.

VII because of the whole Cloud/Zack thing, not to mention Sephiroth and his origins.

X because of Dream Zanarkand/Real Zanarkand. The mechanics of the sent/unsent. Tidus and his, well, existence.

And what the the heck, I think VIII is a definite contender because of the time compression and looping timeline of the whole friggin game. The R=U theory makes it crazy too, whether it's true or not (probably isn't), the fact that it was at all possible makes the story pretty crazy to me.

Jolts
11-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Demons coming out of shiny rocks, and machines that can bring people from other dimensions.

Flashback007
11-23-2004, 08:50 AM
FFV: You travell from one world to another world and when you defeat the bad guy he's still alive!!!

escobert
11-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Tactics. I'm too lazy to say really what about it was crazy but, it was a very in depth and fast paced plot. I never knew who was going to die next :p

Zante
11-23-2004, 02:20 PM
FFTA The whole clan is helping Marche to destroy the world.

Ezme
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
FFVIII definatly because: of the whole "oh we just forgot we all grew up together and are all orphens! I mean what the hell!??" I think VIII has the worst plot, its just all so naff. 6,9,10 have great plots, 7 is ok but 8...ewwwww

abrojtm
11-23-2004, 11:03 PM
FFI-Two words: Time Loop

skatehippie
11-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Haha all good points.

But what I mean is, what part of any FF game just makes your brain hurt to think about it, to the point where you discuss it with your friend(s) for hours?

With me, it's either trying to trace Tidus' origins and what Sin is exactly and Cloud's memories and differentiating between Zack's life and Cloud's

Despotus
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Definitely FF Tactics, I mean the overall plot, and all of the sub plots make it one crazy ride! Family pride, Betrayals, Lies, Revenge and all the religious overtones: Damn Deep! Deeper than the Deep Dungeon! It really surprises me that more FF fans haven't played this game. Check out the 'In order, which are your favorite FF's?' thread in this same forum; and you'll notice that of the 51 people who posted, only 15 had played Tactics. But of those 15, all but 2(?) gave it a top 3 ranking!!! Ya gotta play it! :thumb:

escobert
11-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes it's my 2nd favorite FF after 7. :D

Jolts
11-24-2004, 09:45 PM
all but 2(?) gave it a top 3 ranking!!!

Either I'm one of those two, or I haven't posted in there, 'cause it's my top favorite game altogether :D.

escobert
11-25-2004, 12:30 AM
<3 tactics and Jolts :D

Despotus
11-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Of those 15, all but 2(?) gave it a top 3 rating

Sorry for teh confusion, Jolts my man! :cool: By 'top 3' rating, I meant either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best: in 13 people's top 3 favorites. It's my all time fav too!!!! Cheers.

Polaris
11-29-2004, 10:23 AM
VIIIcoz all those time comprension thing
VII coz all of the story about the dress and Cloud in that dress, I cried so much!

DJZen
11-29-2004, 07:23 PM
My vote also goes to FFI for the same reasons as above.

Ouch!
11-29-2004, 08:05 PM
FFT wasn't crazy. It was pure genius. Best game ever.

FFVIII was crazy for the reasons listed above. Their sense of time travel and the relationship between past, present and future was not very well explained and was rather confusing.

Old Manus
11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I have to mention this.

FF: ALL

Player: OMG a massive monster just vaporised in front of us!
Sub-Player: But this path isn't wide enough to have a monster this big in here!
Player: I know, but the path has just become wider!
Sub-Player: Cool. Hey why isn't it blowing us to hell with it's Photon torpedos?
Player: I don't know. Mayb-

BOOM

Player: Ow you just shot me and it hurts. But I won't shoot you back and you won't shoot me again, even though i'm open and so are you.

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 09:05 PM
FFVIII definatly because: of the whole "oh we just forgot we all grew up together and are all orphens! I mean what the hell!??" I think VIII has the worst plot, its just all so naff. 6,9,10 have great plots, 7 is ok but 8...ewwwww

Bout time somebody said that. Although I didn't like X's plot too much.

Matt90
11-29-2004, 09:37 PM
FF8 did have a crazy plot but its still one of my favorites

Imperia
11-30-2004, 03:11 AM
FF VIII: It was all about Rinoa. It was always Rinoa this and Rinoa that, and was all about saving the little damsel.

Jolts
11-30-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm just gonna' give my opinion on all the storylines (wherever possible):

It's a bit different, but it's the basic "hero saves world" routine.
Craziest part: Midgar thinking they can control a virus any better than Umbrella did.
Oh god this story was boring!
Craziest part: Time Compression.
They just keep getting more farfetched, but this one was alright.
Craziest part: Creating "shells" and giving them souls for your own benefit.
It's not as "out there" as previous games, but it is out there a little.
Craziest part: Sphere Grid. Oh, and Tidus being a dream.
So many poeple afraid of change that hated this game... I liked it.
Craziest part: Vegnagun being controlled by a piano...
Story?
Craziest part: Can't say, really.
This game rocks :D.
Craziest part: Demons coming out of shiny rocks, and machines that can bring people from other dimensions.
A shame to Final Fantasy Tactics.
Craziest part: getting sucked into a book and the "judge" system.

Remnant
11-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Meh, people are always too harsh on poor FF VIII. But I'd rather not get into it here, because like most things it takes longer to defend than just make fun of.

Hmmm....

FF 1 is pretty crazy because the time loop in this game makes my head hurt. Not because it is overly complex, but because it always seems to be missing needed info.

FF IV because You're just going along minding your own fantasy business when *WHAM*, a neon-adorned ship shaped like a whale comes out of the ocean and takes you to the moon, which looks remotely like our moon, but posesses an atmosphere. Then you find out you have to go fight an evil wizard at the core of the moon. And your father came from the moon to. Cecil's gonna need a shrink when this is all over.

FF VII because The whole Jenova cells thing.

FF VIII because Ultimeca's double jump backwards in time. Really, when you think about it, one of the freakiest villans in the FF series. It can be argued that her death in the past assured her death in the future, by causing Squal to tell Edea about her idea of SeeD and the Gardens.

FF IX because The depravity of Garland's plan of soul displacement, and his methods of carrying it out. At least Kefka was insane.

Jolts
12-01-2004, 08:11 AM
I never said I didn't like FFVIII, I just said it was boring (to me). I always have to play it in segments. Meaning, I play a little FFVIII, switch to some other game, then come back to FFVIII about a week later.

thornwithin
12-02-2004, 11:30 PM
ok why is this a tagged-spoilers thread, when every single entry has to mention the weird plot twists? seems kinda silly...

anyway, any of the ones with weird time loops are very confusing, to the point of "ah screw it, i'm just gonna suspend disbelief and go kick some butt." And FF7 also takes a looooong time to figure out (I'm still not 100% sure what really happened.

ninja-yuffie
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
FINAL FANTASY SEVENS TWIST IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!

Trumpet Thief
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
chaoRSL: FFX-2's plot was crazy. And by crazy, I mean crappy.

Old Manus
12-06-2004, 04:25 PM
FFX-2's plot was crazy. And by crazy, I mean crappy.

black orb
12-10-2004, 03:18 AM
>>> FF X-2, everything about it was crazy..

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 06:28 AM
Any game where the worlds merge and giant holes start engulfing crap is crazy enough for me.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Any game where the worlds merge and giant holes start engulfing crap is crazy enough for me.

yeah , FFV. and dont forget in FFVII the whole lyrics to One Winged Angel are :screwy: , and when Sephiroth uses Supernova... :screwy:

Chris
12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
FFV Faris turned out to be a woman :eek:

One winged angel of death
12-19-2004, 07:00 PM
ff7 had the craziest plot. i beat the game and i still don't get it.

Zante
12-20-2004, 11:31 AM
FFV Faris turned out to be a woman :eek:

That was realy strange, as I thought she was a woman from the beggining. :)

rubah
12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
ff7. I spent most of the end of the first disc going 'wtp? this is weeeeeeird.' and then someone told me the second disc was weirder so it ruined the surprise:P

5, 8, and 10 don't seem as weird to me. . . I guess it's from knowing their stories too well (ten especially doesn't make sense until you replay it a time or two)

vegnagun in x-2 was creepy for a large portion of the game though.

Ichimonji
12-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Most of the plots are stories where you tend to go "Oh yeah! So that's how it happened" or " So that's what they meant when they did this" or "Now I've figured our the connection between so-and-so" Suspense and mystery are key factors in Final Fantasy stories. As for the craziest story, (When I say I crazy I mean MGS2 crazy) the craziest would definitely have to be Final Fantasy Tactics. Which is coincidently a lot like MGS2's insane plot. As in all the betrayals and manipulations.