PDA

View Full Version : That's Refreshing: Taking Some Responsibility For Once

The Captain
11-23-2004, 07:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-clemson-scarolina-brawl&prov=ap&type=lgns

I am very impressed by the choices these two programs made. Granted, they might not be giving up anything since the bowl bids are not automatic, but the gesture is very noble.

Take care all.

krissy
11-23-2004, 07:58 AM
The brawl, which broke out with about six minutes left in the game, started when Tigers defensive lineman Bobby Williamson took down South Carolina quarterback Syvelle Newton and appeared to linger too long on top of him.

he was just tired

its a tough game

edczxcvbnm
11-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't think it is all that noble. I think if the whole Pistons/Pacers incident didn't happen they wouldn't have done anything. I think they are just trying to save face to the masses.

gokufusionss1
11-23-2004, 12:24 PM
this is almost as funny as the eric cantona karate kick.

The Captain
11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
"I don't think it is all that noble. I think if the whole Pistons/Pacers incident didn't happen they wouldn't have done anything. I think they are just trying to save face to the masses."

Yet, it did happen, and they are taking direct responsibility, at least the programs are, which will cost them each several millions of dollars, which to me is the high road. The could have instead blamed the incident entirely on the NBA and just gone about their business, but decided to punish themselves for their actions. You don't see that very often in sports or in this world today.

Take care all.

edczxcvbnm
11-24-2004, 03:58 AM
It doesn't make it noble. It just makes it right. Things like this happen all the time and no one does anything. Now that something huge has happened they decide to take responsibilty when they would not have before. It doesn't make it noble but just right.

What you said would make them distasteful and wrong.

I agree that you don't see it very often in sports. I will see this as a more noble act if they keep this kind of thing up through the next season.