PDA

View Full Version : Lvliing

Bison
11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
omg, ok guys, im finding it so hard to get gil, at first i was selling rabit hides, 3 for 120gil, how sad, and boaring, now im selling bits on AH but its not rele going well.. as iv not acually got anything of value to sell.. part from some crystals here and there.. dont rele sell for much, i met a guy that gave me 2500gil for being in his party, and another guy last nite gave me almoost 1000gil, im like, wtf, how yall getin that much, take me a week to save up 2000 gil and ppl passing it around like candy. I dont rele wanna buy gil for real money, cus like someone said on one of the posts, its sad.. so, if anyone could help me out, tell me how to get some decent gil, would be a happy chap indeed ;)

Ichy
11-23-2004, 12:55 PM
During the early lvls it is oh so very important to remember to wear your signet, that way you can collect crystals and sell those on AH by the stack. If you can kill goblins you will most often get fire and/or lightning crystals, both of which sell very nicely. Additionally, if you're from Windurst, hunt for crawlers. Their silk sells very fast for alot of cash, and as well the drop these little stones called "Crawler Calculus", or something or other, which you can trade in 3 for 600Gil @ the Dalmhel (sp?) farm in Windurst Woods (you know, those big preggo mutant giraffe looking things).

As always, if it's your first time through the levels on your first character, chances are really good that just doing as many quests around your home town will get you most, if not all the money/equipment you'll need for the first few. Afterwards, it's time to lay down a big slice o patience and farm farm farm. Welcome to FFXI :)

Bison
11-23-2004, 01:27 PM
well iv had a lvl 10 monk and i started again for some reson with a galka, war, im lvl 7 now almost 8, im in errm, the elf city thing, errm, san something i think lol, iv always got sig, and god damn its still hard to get gill, ah well, ill get by i guess lol, bring on the rabbit hides,

Ichy
11-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Try hunting a variety of things which you can handle and auction everything you come across that you don't need. Pay particular attention to how much you make vs. how quickly things sell and sooner or later you'll pick up on which items are the most profitable for you. Best way to do this is to research the AH's price history on items that are easily acquired for you, then go hunt those mobs. There's also always Gobs and Orcs, they drop money as well as items. It may not be much money, but it helps.

Bison
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
ok, thanks. Ill do that