PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

Dking'squeen
11-24-2004, 02:01 AM
I hate them, yet I love them. I don't want to tuck my stupid shirt in and I don't want to have to find something to wear everyday. What do you think of the uniform policy?

kikimm
11-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Hmm....this is something I've thought about a bit, but...I don't know. My school doesn't have uniforms required, but I'm not completely sure if I should be grateful, or a little upset. Yeah, it's great wearing, for the most part, whatever you want, but there's also that "pressure" to look good, people who criticize you for wearing the same shirt twice in one week....I don't think clothes should really matter that much. It'd be a lot esier if everyone wore the same thing---no one would get teased about their clothes, at least.

:D

Shlup
11-24-2004, 02:17 AM
When I graduated grade school and grammer school, the following years each of them required uniforms. I don't think they enforced it at all though. Stupid crappy California schools...

I would've liked to have worn uniforms. I thought so when I was a kid too. I thought it would be fun. It takes away from individuality a bit, but its just during school hours so it doesn't bother me.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
School girl uniforms. -drool- I'd hate wearing a uniform to school. Although, I'm not in school anymore so it doesn't quite matter to me.

theundeadhero
11-24-2004, 02:24 AM
When I was in high school I was just waiting for them to start up a school uniform so I could break it and just be rebellious in general. If they got one, the day the made us start wearing it I was going to wear a really holy pair of pants and borrow one of my firend Cher's Manson shirts. The one with the glass on front and the back says "how does it feel to be one of the beautiful people" Never happened though :cry:

MoonsEcho
11-24-2004, 02:33 AM
My high school implemented uniforms my senior year. MY SENIOR YEAR. I was pissed about it at first, but I got over it pretty quick. It wasn't that bad, just polo shirts and khaki or navy pants. No biggie.

Peegee
11-24-2004, 03:21 AM
There ARE more important things to do than to let your damn pants fall to your knees and walk around like a dork. No matter what you make people wear some people just have to ruin the look.

A dress shirt and pants looks very nice. If I were allowed to wear a tie to school NOW, I would.

Logan
11-24-2004, 03:54 AM
My current high school will probably switch to uniforms within 10 years, or so my history teacher said. I would hate to wear uniforms. I like my old jeans and odd shirts.

escobert
11-24-2004, 05:08 AM
I wouldn't care either way.

Shoeberto
11-24-2004, 05:08 AM
I wouldn't mind it, but all the kids in my school would have a hissy fit. It removes a lot of problems with uniforms.

Strider
11-24-2004, 07:25 AM
That is just one of the numerous reasons I hated junior high so much.

Rainecloud
11-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Certain Schools are laxed when it comes to the uniform policy, and others are way over the top.

I don't see the need for Uniforms, but well...

DeBlayde
11-24-2004, 08:20 AM
in the highschools here in town, if more than 2 kids are seen wearing the same color on the same day, they're all suspended from school and the police are notified for possible gang involvement. even if it's 2 girls wearing a pink tank top and the other wears a pink hoody. if it's the same color, BOOT! right outta school.

moronic, doncha think?
here I was thinking it was just the dumb kids around here who were always trying act all bad like they do down in the Lower 48.

teachers and school administrators = dumb.

Jack
11-24-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't have to wear it anymore. But it was rather lax when they chose it to be. Most of the eyar i wore trainers but in one week, I was given like 3 complaints for being in "Non- uniform". It was like so crazy I was given a complaint for not having all my buttons buttoned!

Polaris
11-24-2004, 11:25 AM
I like uniforms we here don't have any... :mad:

Rusty
11-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I don't mind them, but every school I have gone to you had to wear a uniform so I am used to it.

Pure Strife
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
My school has black blazers, which I find very uncomfortable, though it's not hard to get away with not wearing one. They had a very stern "tuck your shirt in" policy at the start of this year, but it doesn't get enforced anymore really. It's black trousers and shoes with a white shirt, it'd look quite cool if it didn't have the funny coloured tie.

Silmaril
11-24-2004, 04:15 PM
I've been wearing uniforms all my life so I'm pretty indifferent to them. It's good not having to decide what to wear everyday. And the rich kids don't have something else to hold over the poor ones.

beyondthegrave
11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I haven't worn one since 7th grade, but I remember wearing it I thought I looked like I was going to some office building wearing Khacki slacks and a white polo shirt.

Zante
11-24-2004, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't like to have uniforms at our school. It would be boring if everyone would look the same (kindna reminds me of the army). Fortunately school uniforms are rather rare here, you only see them on some snobbish payschools.

StarlightAngel
11-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I hate uniform. I was thinking of going to the school where Void went because they just had dress code, but the school has a new principal who wants to bring back the old uniform. I'm thinking of going to the all girls school with my friends now.

Glendon
11-24-2004, 11:34 PM
I went to a Catholic grade school for 9 years (K-8) and they indeed required uniforms. It really wasn't a big deal to us kids since.... well, we all wore the same thing. I do remember us trying to find ways to look different though, like rolling pant legs or sleeves, anything to stand out. This was before I realized how lame the "I'm 15, but independant" thing really is knowing that the overwhelming amount of them think being independant is shopping at hot topic for attention whoring attire. (Although I can see the comedy from both sides).

Angst!

Fuzakeru
11-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. :)

escobert
11-25-2004, 12:38 AM
I used to wear a suit on wednessdays :D well my friends and I did.

theundeadhero
11-25-2004, 03:28 AM
I used to dress up like a cowboy sometimes. Or in a dress, or a pirate, or any other wacky thing you might be able to think of.

§Dante§
11-25-2004, 03:50 AM
I hate school uniforms or the such.

DMKA
11-25-2004, 06:23 AM
When I graduated grade school and grammer school, the following years each of them required uniforms. I don't think they enforced it at all though. Stupid crappy California schools...
:(

They started it when I was in 5th grade, but it got offically enforced when I went to 7th grade...in the Los Angeles area school districts anyway. I didn't care, and kinda liked it better cause I didn't have to bother with looking for something to wear, plus people couldn't bash what I wore cause they were wearing the same thing. :D

That was just in Elementary and Middle Schools though. High Schools still run on the "wear whatever the hell you want as long as you ass and boobs are covered" policy, which was fine with me aswell, cause when I was in High School in California, people weren't out to bash other people for what they were wearing, though it was the exact opposite when I came here.

I want to see US school kids wearing Japanese style school uniforms. That would be so awesome! Sailor senshi everywhere!

Jojee
11-30-2004, 01:25 AM
No way :P I didn't mind it too much years and years ago when I did have a uniform; it saved me the trouble of picking out clothes to wear. I guess I wouldn't mind it TOO much as long as the uniforms were classy and not just plain blah and ugly. But that would seriously cut down on shopping and picking out pretty clothes to wear and... gah.... <3 clothes. In the school I was in, they had free-dress Fridays... I guess I could deal with that. ^_^

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 01:52 AM
I like the uniforms in Japan:D

Jojee
11-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Sometimes I dress like that for fun xD Who needs uniforms?

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:08 AM
People who're too lazy to get up at night and in the morning to find and iron clothes...like me. Really, if i didn't have uniforms, I wouldn't even iron. I'd just find what didn't need to be ironed and throw it on. I'm cool like that :D