PDA

View Full Version : Cluck cluck!

SomethingBig
11-25-2004, 12:32 AM
I mean goobble gobble gobble! :elk: (Closest thing to a turkey that I could find on such short notice)

Today, the day before le jour de merci donnant(l'action de grace is it's actual name in Francy pancy), I got a half day in school and when I came home, I was expecting to get my ears lowered. So I drove over to the town barber shop/beauty salon/I'm a male and to my utter shock, they were closed. :eek: So my mother and I went over to Pathmark and I got myself a bottle of Clearasil Ultra, Garnier Fructise shampoo, and deoderant, while she got eggs, cheese, and whatever else she deemed necessary for l'action de grace. Anyway, when we got home, my mother revealed to me that she has work all day tomorrow so we have to have Thanksgiving din-din tonight! Now what did all of the stuff before that sentence have to do with anything, you ask? Nothing!

I've never actually seen other Thanksgiving celebrations, so I'd like to know from real people: how do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Do you have the traditional turkey, or is the togetherness of your family enough thanks for you that you only have sliced ham and chips for din-din? Who does the cooking: mommy, daddy, Othello? And when does Othello start cooking? The day before or on that day? Is it strictly family or are other folks allowed?

Here's how my family works:
We have the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, and *DROOL* stuffing. Being an Asian family, we also have rice. :greenie: My mother is cooking the din-din as I type this up. I think she's almost done with the turkey. Mommy does all of ze cooking, but I help her out, if she needs/wants it. Othello comes by once in a while, but all he does is set fire to my foot. Mother usually starts cooking the day before, but she cooks the turkey on the day of the feast. As long as the family is together for dinner, it doesn't matter who else comes.

theundeadhero
11-25-2004, 03:34 AM
I always try to spend it with my Mom. Usually just her, my step-dad, her Mom, and any combination of my 5, yes count em, 5!, sisters. We start cooking in the morning except the pies. Mmmmmmm, pie! I usually just watch cartoons all day. I'm 21! YAY Invader Zim!

§Dante§
11-25-2004, 03:39 AM
I usually just go out with my mother in a make-shift 'reunion' of family that consists of, what, my grandmother, her sister, and 2 cousins? Oh, happy happy, joy joy. I'd rather stay home and eat a TV Dinner.