PDA

View Full Version : FF VIII-2?

luke webster
11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Should there be a FFVIII-2? I personally think that it would be great. It could centre on Zell (great guy).

also, irvine should be voiced by Clint Eastwood. And Seifer by James Woods.

Remnant
11-25-2004, 04:23 PM
I was the first "no" vote, so I should probably justify it.

For me, it comes down to FFVIII having one of the few totally happy endings. Even Seifer ended up fishing with Fujun and Rajin. There's nothing to resolve, and unlike many other FF's, the world at large was not "apocalypse'd" (permanently, anyway. Got real close though.)

I say, let the happily ever after be. Save the sequels for stuff like VII, which the argument could be made that you lose.

Dking'squeen
11-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Maybe. It ended with a lot of questions anwered so there really isn't a need for it. But it would be good as long as it's good. (shrugs)

ShivaBlizzard8
11-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes, but only if its a prequel centering on Laguna and Co. during the first sorceress war.

Rini
11-25-2004, 06:59 PM
I answered no, too, because I think it's not necessary with a complete story to start wretching a good game with a good-for-nothing sequel with no meaning :/ Look what happened with FFX-2 (I know, I like the game too [mainly because of Rikku xD] but the main plot, pu-lease..). I don't want to argue about the ffx-2 fact here or anywhere else either, because I know many of you here love that game and therefore would die defending it or something that way :). So let's just leave it at the fact that there are different opinions <3.

ShivaBlizzar8's suggestion is quite neat... But it's just that I feel that even that part is concluded in the main game already (and we all know how it ends, so what's the point?)

...Whatever ;)

Dark Ekonis
11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I agree with a prequal, Maybe even before Laguna and others, maybe the beginning of the sorceress, It would be nice to know who the first sorceress was and also how she first got her powers. If their is a sequal then I think that all aspects of the games battle system should remain, aswell as the world map.

Zante
11-29-2004, 04:16 PM
A Laguna prequel would be great.

Halenite
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Laguna prequel, yes
A sequel however, would kill it.

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Laguna prequel, yes

I agree with that

Matt90
11-29-2004, 09:59 PM
That would be nice

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I vote no, as I hate virtually everything about the first game.

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 10:36 PM
wow. hate though? What a harsh thing to say. (Many Moomba suround you) :D what was so devestatingly dreadful about it that you hate it? The long long long long long long conversations?

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 10:49 PM
First of all, I disliked most of the characters. Zell was an interesting character, and I liked him, but none of the others did anything for me whatsoever. I found them to either be shallow and undeveloped, annoying, or simply boring. Rinoa and Zell had more personality than everyone else combined. Also, I completely disliked the modern-esque world. I play Final Fantasy for the fantasy, not the reality. While FFVII had the same type of world, it was pulled off FAR better, and the world was a more interesting place. Then, there's the story. What a stinker. It was dull to begin with, and I disliked it until I reached the point where they learn that they're all from the same orphanage. This struck me as a realization by the Squaresoft crew that their characters had no real connections and that the plot was dying, so they just whipped this into shape. I thought it was incredibly stupid. Couple that with the lack of an interesting villian whatsoever (aside from Seifer, who wasn't more than a henchman) and an extremely slow, dull, and annoying battle system, and you have my least favorite Final Fantasy game. Honestly, I'd rather play Superman 64 than this game. And that's saying something.

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Wow. The character thing, I'll agree on. Zell was my abosolute fav. Everyone was exactly as you said, but I didn't like Ri-ri, even though she had a lot more spunk than Selphie, she was annoying, always whinig. The best thing about ehr was Angelo, who wasw named Skore, Amelio, Ken, and Might. She was a little pale too. The story was a little too dramaish. It reminded me of a real action packed Passions and, even if I didn't like the story, I never leave a job incomplete. Some parts were funny and good, like when Squall recued Ri-ri, the jokes from that were hilariuos. I get your point. So, besides Zell and Riri, you had no other like for the game?

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Let's see....I enjoyed Zell's reaction to being called a chicken wuss. But then, that's Zell again...nope, that's about it. When I was around 30 hours into the game, I popped FFIX into the PS2, and got more enjoyment out of watching the opening FMV and listening to the music than I had the entire time I'd been playing FFVIII. That's when I stopped. :D

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Well sheesh. (Final Fantasy VIII fans circle you) Well, everybody has to have a game that they dislike. I found the best part of the game when I got to be Laguna, the GFs and the card game. I didn;t like the music so much, esspecially in space. It was sappy. Hey, let me borrow IX, I haven't played the entire thing yet and I had to take it back to Blockbusters

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
If you happen to live in the same county as me, sure. But that's about....well, it's unlikely. A sequel could be good--but they'd have to fix a LOT of problems from the original.

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, maybe i'll have to travel. FF is so hot! What do yoyu think about a prequel like people have been suggesting? I think that it'll be good, if Enix isn't running out of hot ideas.

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Laguna was a decent character, so that would be better. But I'd prefer a prequel that takes place far enough in the past so as to have a fantasy atmosphere. :D

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Who would be in it? A young Edea? Baby Laguna and infant Ward?:D I don;t really need to know waht happened in Laguna's days. We got anough of that already during the game. Fighting that Ruby Dragon unprepared made me stop liking that time mighty quickly:D

Matt90
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
That would be interesting

Doyle0073
11-30-2004, 12:43 AM
I like Final Fantasy 8 but I wouldn't be interested in a sequel to it or any other final fantasies, well thats not entirely true I want to play a direct sequel to Final Fantasy 7 instead of a movie and spin offs,
oh well...

Chris
11-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Definitely YES!
I wanna hear more about Julia and Laguna...Ellone and Raine as well.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Definitely YES!
I wanna hear more about Julia and Laguna...Ellone and Raine as well.

Of course, you and Ellone :D

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Should there be a FFVIII-2? I personally think that it would be great. It could centre on Zell (great guy).

also, irvine should be voiced by Clint Eastwood. And Seifer by James Woods.

And what would the plot of the game be? Run around beating the crap out of stuff? That's mostly what Zell does after alll.

I do want a FFVIII-2, yes, but a good game, not a FFX-2 repeat.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 10:16 PM
And what would the plot of the game be? Run around beating the crap out of stuff? That's mostly what Zell does after alll.

That'd be a fun game

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 10:42 PM
That'd be a fun game

I'd rather play a real fighting game, like Soul Calibur.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I love Soul Caliber, Tekken, DOA, any fighting game that I can get my hands on. If I don't know it, all I need to do is learn the buttons and I'll start kickins A$$

Dark Ekonis
12-01-2004, 02:12 PM
lets wait till FFVII DoC comes out before we plan on another first person Style game, unless its going to be more like Double Dragon then Maybe It might work

DMKA
12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Laguna prequel, yes
Yes.

And to answer the poll question: Hell no.

Dark Dragoon
12-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Meh....I thought FFVIII was okay. Not the best FF by a longshot, but it was okay. I DESPISED the battle system, though. To unbalanced. Not to mention drawing out spells....*shudders*

The plot was actually pretty good to me....up until the third disc. :/ Then it just went to crap. It took me a few playthroughs to actually understand what the hell happened. Even then, I'm still not ENTIRELY sure. The characters were.....lacking. Especially when you factor in FFVII. Squall was just a copy of Cloud. Exept he was more of a jerk. Rinoa was a carbon copy of Aeris, and I hated Aeris, sooooo....I liked Zell and Irvine, though. Zell=Teenage Cid Highwind=HILARIOUS. And find characters like Irvine and Zidane amusing. Best characters were Laguna, Kiros, and Ward, though. Shame the game wasn't about them.

The best thing about the game was the presentation. The FFVIII soundtrack is probably my favorite of all. And the graphics were very nice for there time.

I wouldn't really mind a sequel. I'd PREFER a prequel, however. Based on Laguna. But whatever. I won't be devastated if they don't make either.

FFVIII Fan
12-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Yes.

And to answer the poll question: Hell no.

of course it would be great if there was a sequel to ff8, even though ppl say it answerd all the questions at the end of the game. but think, its impossible 2 think of a better ff. it was the most addictive, with such a story, characters, and romance between squall and rinoa, and the junction system was excellent!(even though most didnt like it) by far the best ff, so i wud defionatly recommend a sequel, and if not that, a prequel with laquna during the sorceress war.

Auronhart
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Squall was just a copy of Cloud. Exept he was more of a jerk.
Obviously you don't like the silent strong types and like to group them together when they are clearly much different.

Rinoa was a carbon copy of Aeris
Hardly, I couldn't stand Aeris and I liked Rinoa so obviously that isn't right. (Rinoa got into disagreements with Squall, Aeris was just chasing Cloud)

Ryth
12-19-2004, 10:35 PM
While I disliked FFVIII I believe if they made a sequel and dumped the junction system or at least revise itthey could make a good game and it would explain the whole Rinoa= Ultimiecia thing. So I vote yes!

Angel Rinoa
12-19-2004, 10:44 PM
I voted no because sequals are usually made to answer questions, or resolve problems. Everyone ended up happy at the end of FFVIII. Zell got a girlfriend, Selphie and Quistis are best friends, Edea and Cid are married, Seifer stopped his onslaught, and Rinoa and Squall are happy together. But I agree that there should probably be a sequal centered around Laguna.

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 05:51 PM
I voted 'Yes'......because..well....umm....I dont know why....but I want to see what happens after the 2nd sorceress war...and what happens to....Squall & Rinoa...;P

Dark Ekonis
12-21-2004, 02:35 PM
If they made a sequil, I would like them to finally close the arguement of R=U, personally their is evidence on both sides, but I just want Square Enix to clarify the true results to everyone so the useless bickering could finally end.

KingOfDragons
12-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I voted yes, only if it would play with Laguna as a main char. And questions like: Who's the father of who? answered. it would be a great plan than.

JayDee
12-23-2004, 11:46 AM
It wouldn't work.
The ending wrapped everyting up there's nothing to follow on with
that's why I don't like the ending it was too clear. The whole
Squall/Rinoa happy ending sucks, it's very boring and cliched.
That's why VII is good for a sequel there were many unexplained
issues at the end, plus it's a more interesting story.

But I think a prequel would be ok, about Laguna/sorceress war
and without the main characters form VIII except maybe
Squall, briefly because he's Laguna's son

awishi_09
10-30-2009, 01:13 AM
come on guys!..
i really want to revive this game in ps3 or ps2 or psp... im jealous of ff VII and ff X because VII they have movies n revivals.. and the X has a part 2.... i want to have VIII part 2 too you know.... or some movies...

i registered just to reply in this forum...

look the other form of rinoas costume its so cool... ehe
heres the link
Fan photos from Final Fantasy VIII | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=308106&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=26102498842&id=1048135365)

do u all have prob of the story line?

hmnn 4 example..

laguna will be the main enemy... because.. (just example) he wanted to be young again...(u see he looked in his hands because of his age.. or the ring? at the ending) in that case he will axperiment some time machine or age machine? ehe funny huh? then theres gonna be a accident happen... bla bla bla!
and seifer will help squall scenes... and they shared stories about them in the past.., and they will practice again.... just like old times...

and 1 thing... in the ending of VIII squall lost in time right? from baby squall run away and matron(edea) chase baby squall... then squall and matron have a conversation(am i right?) then ultimicia once appeared again right? and pass his powers to matron..?
in that case... matron will have a role in part 2 too....

and theres a love triangle selphie,irvine,quistis ehe
about zell... will be a star... like boxing champion.. something like that..
now he has a lot of chicks! ehe..

and shumis will have a role 2 and the moombas:moomba:...
moogles!:mogumogu: 2...

i have a lots of idea to have VIII-2 u know.. im kinda sad... because i'd seen people dont want to have part 2.. just in here.. in this forum... :cry: i hope this is the only forum..... . . . i didn't like.........:cry::cry::cry:

sorry if anyone offend... hust what i say....
and for my grammar ehe... im not american..

seiferalmasy2
10-30-2009, 01:57 AM
No. Sequels and prequels are already killing 7. FF8 story is complete. Move on. originality.

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Holy Crap! I know its Halloween season and all but there be zombie threads wandering in this forum. :eek:

awishi_09, we don't bring back threads that are over a few months old. If you wish though. I say start a whole new thread cause we haven't had a discussion on this for awhile. :D