11-25-2004, 07:03 PM
This games makes a mockery of all FF Games :mad2:

auron_790
11-25-2004, 08:05 PM

Why do you say that? :confused:

DJZen
11-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Does it now? I actually like it quite a bit.

Blank
11-30-2004, 02:31 AM
i only played it for a few hours, but i loved it. and my character chick was hot. but it is lame that you can't get the full potential unless you play with a thousand of your friends. nintendo gadgets >_<

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:35 AM
Maybe it hates you too.
Hey, if you don't like it, sell it, trade it or take it back to the store you got it from. I'll gladly take it off your hands. Or if you don't feel like getting up and you really don't like the game, chuck it out of the window.

Blank
11-30-2004, 11:52 PM
nobody said i owned it, i just said i played it >=\

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:56 PM
not you blank. Of course not you:D Matt90, that comment I made above was made for you friend

Black Mage FF1
12-01-2004, 03:20 AM

Oh yes because this game doesnt have your beloved cloud or sephiroth it sure does suck and it is a mockery of all other FF games.

This is a great game. If it didnt have the name Final Fantasy in the title many other people would agree. Most were all " NO leveling? No cloud? OMFG! Im not gonna get it! This is not a FF game!"

Dark Ekonis
12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
this game did take me by surprise and was nothing like I expected, I didn't like cloud and sepheroth either, so thats not why I didn't post it at the top of my list, I placed it at the lowest of all my FF and have yet to finish it, I am on the second year and got bored. I suppose it would be better if i had friends to play with, huh. But i don't so thats cool, and my wife hates games so i have to scratch that idea. I guess i am not used to multiplayer FF thats why I didn't even try XI.

DJZen
12-02-2004, 02:06 AM
It CAN get better with friends. I don't like to do multiplayer in it though 'cause it makes everything take MUCH longer. I think 4 Swords is the only GBA connectivity game worth doing the multiplayer thing with.

Mittopotahis
12-02-2004, 09:28 AM
i like it....i own it and im up to the 10th year i think...

hey does anyone know how to get pass that unknown element miasma strem?

Matt90
12-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Its a good game on multiplayer and i dident mean it suck i was just ina bad mood. Its not the worst.

DJZen
12-03-2004, 05:56 AM

If you're that far along, you'll have heard the poem in its entirety. Read it over again. It tells you exactly what you need to do.

Necronopticous
12-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Its a good game on multiplayer and i dident mean it suck i was just ina bad mood. Its not the worst.
Ahahahahaha... Okay, fair enough.

kikimm
12-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Eh. I could be completely wrong, but from what I've seen, this game doesn't look too good---with or without the Final fantasy in the title. I'm not a fan of any game that takes multiplayer to be more enjoyable. When I play my games, I like to play them alone.

Besides, I don't even have a gamecube. And from the looks of it, this game hasn't done much to convince me into getting one.

:D

Mittopotahis
12-08-2004, 09:27 AM
thanks DJZen

DJZen
12-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll agree that this game alone isn't enough to warrant the purchase of a GC. It IS fun, however, if you like adventure games that are essentially based on dungeon crawls. The only REAL fault I can find with this game is that it's kinda slow paced.

Ryth
12-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Oh yes because this game doesnt have your beloved cloud or sephiroth it sure does suck and it is a mockery of all other FF games.

This is a great game. If it didnt have the name Final Fantasy in the title many other people would agree. Most were all " NO leveling? No cloud? OMFG! Im not gonna get it! This is not a FF game!"

I liked it but I can't call it GREAT but pretty good works it started feeling a little repititive but it's still a fun game I enjoyed it very much!

SomethingBig
12-11-2004, 06:51 PM
This game was meant to be a multiplayer game and it delivered a great one, at that. My friends and I had a month's worth of fun with this game.

RedCydranth
01-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Like I've stated in other FFCC threads, I own it, but haven't played much. Simply because I want to get a better experience out of it by having a friend play along side me. This game has potential to be great, especially since it is multiplayer and NOT online (I refuse to acknowledge FFXI as a true FF title.)

Thre hasn't been a real FF game i haven't liked in one form or another. What a lot of people fail to remember is that each FF isn't a sequel to a prior (except X-2 and that FF7 sequel they are working on). Each game doesn't need to blow the prior one out of the water. If you take each FF game and isolate it as a game, not a FF genre game, all of them are good. Just because one takes a format you aren't keen on (not everything can be materia or espers) doesn't mean is sucks. I really hate the Draw system of ff*, and in my opinion of all FF titles, 8 is the worst. HOWEVER, on its own, it is a good game. People quickly compared 8 to 7 and claimed the FF series to be going downhill. I'm ranting where i shouldn't be.. In a nutshell, Play each FF game without any prior ones in mind and it will make the games a lot better. At least in my experiences.

Destai
02-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I thought it was nice but repetitive. Id have liked a stronger storyline and Im aware there is one but Id rather the game made it clear rather than a challenge to find. Id have liked if the characters had personalities too. Yeah that would've kickedass

Black Chocobo
02-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals is a game where you have a choice. Your choice depends on wether you want to befriend 3 other people and play that game with them. While Multi-player is by far more fun, it can be a pain in the a** b/c you have to split some of the boss items. Depending on your actions is on who gets to choose the first item...

Regarding the single-player aspect, I think it could be a little better. Regarding having to use the Gameboy Advance as a controller so you can have a map, that doesn't really make sense, but I guess it does help in the fact that you don't have to pause to look at a map, and you could have a friend or someone that cares to watch you play tell you what is on the screen while you are playing the game. Unless you are adapt in multi-tasking and can concentrate on the T.V. and the Gameboy at the same time.

On a lighter note, this game while I did have 6 years into (Speaking games years) I did not finish. I found it boring after that much play time, while I am not 'downing' the game at all. It is not my place to dis-like it b/c it didn't have some of the more features you would expect in a FF game.

I may have to pick this game back up, just so that I can say I have completed it.

Jammy
02-05-2005, 04:38 PM
I totally agree on this topic. It does suck...I was so dissapointed after playing this. Its just the same over and over and the whole Chalice idea is bad. And having to buy more than 1 GBA and GBA Link just to play Multiplayer is a rip-off.

DJZen
02-05-2005, 07:52 PM
YOU don't have buy more than one GBA. You just have to have a friend with a GBA and link cable, and that's really not an uncommon thing, since more people own GBAs than GCs.

Black Chocobo
02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Honestly, I have no friends in the vacinity that have GBA's with Game-link cables. That is a shame, so I probably will have to continue by myself.

samdabomb
02-13-2005, 07:51 PM
I Liked it when i fist played it (I got it on the release date) But then i got board really easily its a good game but it doesnt deserve the name Final Fantasy

Siegurd
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
After playing it, and beating it, all I can say is that it was fun for the first few years, but after that its more of "god I want to finish this game just to be done and over with it" rather than a really wanting to finish aspect. The depth of the storyline was depressing, there really wasn't too much to it, and I was disappointed that when you chose your race etc the other npc's in the game didn't change their opinions / outlook towards you / change the dialogue up a bit. The repetiveness of each year really made wanting to finish it harder, other than for the sake of grinding through and beating it.

That said, I found it really fun, being a fan of the Zelda series, it reminded me a lot of that particular line as far as the battle system. I found it a nice mix of Final Fantasy atmosphere with Zelda's battle system and feel to it when moving around. I think I would have had a lot more fun had I had the capability to play it with a friend who was watching me play it, had we had two gba's we could have done it...which really kind of irritated me, since playing real 2 player in a Final Fantasyish game is cool.

Xaven
03-13-2005, 07:24 AM
I slightly disagree with this topic. I thought this game was really fun both by myself AND with my brother. Though the storyline wasn't as in depth as it could have been, I did have quite enough fun with my Selkie guy to go to the 21st year. He didn't look 30ish though... Then I whooped the last bosses with my supersized stats. :smash: It was fun.
Ah good times... :cool:

Alice
03-13-2005, 08:39 AM
The game was crap in my opinion...

chionos
03-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I played all the way through on my own, and i loved it. It wasn't epic or genius in any way, but when my PS2 is busy bazaaring my crap for FFXI, it's nice to have something to do on GC. (besides RE)

wuglendei
03-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Now guys we must remember, This is for the GameCube and nintendo needed a really good multiplkayer game to show them other people that they didnt need online games. And beside i dont even think the original FF team worked on this one. Like Nobou Uematsu! im pretty damn sure he didnt work on that and im purty sure he was still at square when they made that. Its a FF but just toned down to a cute cuddily game.

youk
03-14-2005, 07:12 PM
mayb you talked matt 90 out off it but i think that this game is a big screw up come on FF is an turn bassed rpg with a great story line and sinds it's been runned by ea it's going down word crystal crhonical aint a real FF game i think it's more an adventure game and it's on de ngc what give's it kinnda a kiddy feeling but that's my mening i think this game suck not because there aint a real FF character in it but it's just exploding the name of FF look there was never a sequel in the whole FF serie and sinds it's beeing runned by ea what do they think

FF X great succes let get more MONEY out of it that's just ea you can see what they did to the command and generals serie's
i'm probaly the only one who thinks this way but fuck evryone who thinks i'm stuppid cause i know i'm not the only one who thinks this way

BTW there are rumors that FF is goinig to step over to X-Box the horor than it'l be only grapisch and only play no story or what so i think not worth of the FF name

MecaKane
03-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Why would they want to blow up the Final Fantasy name? :confused: :confused:
I don't have a sweet clue what you're talking about with this "ea" junk, though. Electronic Arts? E(a)nix?
And you poor guy, you're gonna http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif yourself when you see FFXII. :(

youk
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
come on FF XII it maybe called FF but it's gona use another battle type than FF has alway's used i don't know but i love turn based
and not real time battle's than it is more an adventure game

MecaKane
03-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Real time battles does not denote an adventure game.
The Mana games are in real time, .hack, Tales of Phantasia, all RPGs. Morrowind is in First Person and completly real time, and anyone who thinks it's an adventure game or a first person shooter/stabber hasn't played more than 15 minutes of it.

Craig
03-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Computer games are evolving. FF is a computer game series. Deal with it.

youk
03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
i can't stand it that FF is going online and is leaving ps i just think it was always a console game but i don't know if FF is realy going downwoard i think that i need to find a beter rpg or just stik with the old one's
and i never said it was going to be an adventure game i just said it looked like an adventure if it's real time
and about morrowind i get a feeling from that game that it's an adventure with rpg elements

MecaKane
03-15-2005, 09:52 PM
What are you talking about? The past 5, 6 soon enough, numbered games were on a Playstation System, two were exlcusive and the PC ports of VII and VIII were pretty crappy I hear, XII probably won't be for PC either. And square enix hasn't mentioned anything about the next gen games being on anything other than PS3.

youk
03-16-2005, 08:22 PM
i just don't like the idea of sqaure going of the thing always used but changes are sometimes good i'll just have to see it for my self but to say i'm pleased to go and play FF XI no i'm not because i think it aint a goed FF and i'll just have to see for my self what they did to FF XII

Shadow8017
03-17-2005, 02:03 AM
The music was definately not this game's problem, I thought it was very upbeat and inspiring. It was a solid game but it failed in my book because it was such a money sink if u wanted to play it the way it was meant to be played ( with other people ) by requiring individual gbas and gc connection cords ... just wasnt worth it.

ljkkjlcm9
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
It was a good game... granted I probably played it more than anyone else here... I have 8 characters a male and female of each race, with all the best equipment and all the stat upgrade things (it's been awhile since I played I don't remember what they're called), and I played mainly by myself.

AS someone said earlier, I don't remember who, look at it as a game, and not just an FF game, and it's great. But people go, but it's FF it HAS to be this way... well i can't wait for Dirge of Cerberus cause it's not gonna be like any other FF game out.

As for the ports of the games... I have the FFVII and FFVIII ports to the PC and they're good, I don't know why they wouldn't be, it's the exact same game... How can a port of the identical game be horrible if the game is good?

As for FF going to X-Box and being all about graphics... I find that very funny. FF will never be all about graphics, there will be good graphics but not all about graphics. And every single time I have seen a comparison of graphics between the systems, GameCube has won (Metroid Prime 1+2, Resident Evil 4... and others), so wouldn't the graphic system be the GC?

I've been a fan of FF since the beginning, they're all good in their own light. FF:CC was a multiplayer game for the most part, and whenever I played multiplayer it was truly awesome. And, now being in college, I used to love playing games alone, and still do sometimes, but it's awesome to just get with a group of friends and play a game together.

THE JACKEL

youk
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
look at nija gaiden there is no game that has beter grapichs at the moment for console than.but if FF is going xbox id would be more on the grapisch and especailly online game what i stil think of no FF cause FF has always been offline expet FF XI that's why i did n't buy FF XI

and about ports FF VII and VIII where good ports but when you look at metal gear solid port they say on the PC push the select button than you are going to push evry button until you found the key thats suposed to be the select buton :mad2:

DJZen
03-17-2005, 08:21 PM
naive statement!!!!

unreasonable retort!!!!

instigatory broad generalization!!!!!

Okay guys, let's put the knives down. Remember, it's just a video game, not a religion. If you don't like a game, just don't play it. It's that simple. The FF series is changing. Either keep playing or don't. There's no sense in getting upset over it.

That said, I find it HIGHLY ironic that people complain about the series becoming graphically better and changing consoles but simeltaneously praise FFVII.

youk
03-18-2005, 07:01 PM
you're right i'll have to see it for my self if the FF serie is going to contineu like they always did or if there goining to change and if i'm gonna like the change in it!

DJZen
03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Well of course it's gonna change. The FF series knows only a select few constants. Remember FFI? Remember how similar it was to FFII? Not very... Or how about how much it had in common with FFVII?

This is just another itteration. It's fine if you don't like it, but it isn't the end of the world or anything. Even if your worst FF nightmare came true, life would go on.

masterriven
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
i like it....i own it and im up to the 10th year i think...

The "ultimate" element for your chalice is on the desert island, look around on some websites for a walkthrough, I havent palyed this game since my memory card fried. Oh yeah, another one of nintendos great inventions for the GCN. Basically, the element offers you no defensive benifits, just gets you through that wicked-sweet looking golden stream. ON A SIDE NOTE this game owns. I dont care what anyone says. It is quite different from every other FF game, but I think what Square should have done was made it online for XBOX live or something...and not pay-per-month, like FFXI, I think that would have been great.

--Riv

Gixugif
03-23-2005, 02:00 AM
I liked Crystal Chronicles. It was an okay game that could be pretty darn good in multiplayer. If you don't like it and have not played it in multiplayer mode, give it a try and then give your opinion.

I personally like the idea of FFXII's battle system. Like someone stated before, every FF was quite different than the others, but some had more extreme changes than the others. FFXII just has one of those extreme ones, and despite what some think, change can be good.

Del Murder
04-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Okay guys, let's put the knives down. Remember, it's just a video game, not a religion. If you don't like a game, just don't play it. It's that simple. The FF series is changing. Either keep playing or don't. There's no sense in getting upset over it.

That said, I find it HIGHLY ironic that people complain about the series becoming graphically better and changing consoles but simeltaneously praise FFVII.
Irony at its best. :)

sean_kun
10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
ff:Cc is my favorite game and WHY THE HELL ARE YOU POSTING HERE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT??????

GunbladeMaster
10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
hey hey
dude
why u reviving a VERY old thread???
do u see that ur replying to a Banned person?

zellv2
10-30-2005, 09:50 PM
i admit its not that good but its ok ^_^

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Please don't revive old threads.