PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler The Whell Chair man is ... Dont read any further if you do not want to know

Matt90
11-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Its Rufus right before one of the silver haired men summoned Bahmut he reveals its Rufus

SomethingBig
11-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Lack of proof means I don't believe you.

The wheel chair man is actually michelin man (http://www.phototrial.it/duegiornidellabrianza/michelin.jpg).

One winged angel of death
11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
why would that guy from the tire place be in the movie? i have no idea who's in the wheilchair we'll just have ta wait now won't we?

SomethingBig
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
I was being facetious about the michelin man.

11-25-2004, 09:05 PM
okay...i thought you were playing. *i'm only in da 7th grade what dose that word mean?* and hm....WHO IS HE IT'S DRIVEING ME CRAZY!!!!!!

SomethingBig
11-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Facetious pretty much means sarcastic.

The man in the wheel chair most likely is Rufus. We've already had this debate in that other thread.

Ouch!
11-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Matt90, Rufus being the man in the wheel chair is not new information.

Matt90
11-29-2004, 09:57 PM
you dont need to tell me that but people wanted to know

dking
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I don't mean to interupt but does anybody remember togib's sequel he wrote to ff8 the story called "and....". Just wondering.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
12-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Ok, this may have already been posted or what not but here are a few things I read about. (Gonna out them in spoliers so I don't get in trouble?)

In the credits for the movie they have Rufus named in there,
Kadaj (Or one of the silver haired men) Kneeling down infront of the wheelchair man called him "President" or "Mr. President" something along those lines, so I think it may be Rufus in the wheelchair. (Since he would be abit messed up.)

Ok, that's about all I got.

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Rufus could be part of a flashback as some of the other characters are, but since we haven't seen any footage of the crimson haired one then it's a sensible suggestion that it might be him.

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Thread merged with other wheelchair stuff. Maybe we should make a Wheelchair Man Forum.

Matrix880
12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
omg seriously, rufus??? i never thought it could be him! and all along i thought it was seprioth *shakes head tutting*

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Reasons I'm convinced it's Rufus:
- At one point he's holding a gun. Guns = big no no for our sephi boy
- One of the shots shows he is wearing a white collar suit. Since no one else wore such an outfit then it's more evidence for him.

It's either him or Hojo...or a slimmed down cait sith

finalheaven
12-21-2004, 09:32 PM
rufus..rufus..rufus.......^_^ but Hojos dead..remember we killed him*fanfare victory theme* in ff7..^_^ lol to the caith sith theory

BackRoomKid
12-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Cait Sith? Ahhh, maybe that's why only the Cat is in the Dirge of Cerberus movie, huh? lol, but yeah, seeing the new trailors and the close up shots of him, I'm convinced it's Rufus...he looks young and over half his body is covered, probably due to the nasty injuries Weapon caused him.

finalheaven
12-22-2004, 08:52 PM
oh yeha thats it thanks backroomkid!i remember now!*hugs* i was trying to figure out what happened to rufus in the game coz i forgot...didt we also fight him i remember fighting..oh well....ill guess i have to dig out the game again....thanks again ^_^

SomethingBig
12-22-2004, 09:59 PM
we haven't seen any footage of the crimson haired one then it's a sensible suggestion that it might be him.
What're you talking aboot?

finalheaven
12-23-2004, 05:56 PM
reno??? no it not him..cant ...be!^_^

SomethingBig
12-23-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm not understanding this logic... Why would Reno switch around from being in the wheelchair with a white suit to a perfectly able human with a black suit? Maybe it's because he isn't the wheelchair guy. :rolleyes2

Craig
12-23-2004, 09:40 PM
I think that the wheelchair man is Dr. Xavier and the 3 white haired guys are X-men.

Az Lionheart
12-24-2004, 09:16 AM
I think that the wheelchair man is Dr. Xavier and the 3 white haired guys are X-men.

i think the guy in the wheel chair is a giant jelly baby.......muwhahahahaha

bloodshadow`
12-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Reasons I'm convinced it's Rufus:
- At one point he's holding a gun. Guns = big no no for our sephi boy
- One of the shots shows he is wearing a white collar suit. Since no one else wore such an outfit then it's more evidence for him.

It's either him or Hojo...or a slimmed down cait sith

Rufus got his ass blasted by Diamond Weapon.

Hojo became a mutated piece of Jenova Feces.

Rostum
12-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Rufus got his ass blasted by Diamond Weapon.

Hojo became a mutated piece of Jenova Feces.

The party (i.e. Cloud and gang) killed Hojo themselves. Also it was not known if Rufus had actually died in that blast, all we saw as the headquarters blow up. He may have escaped just in time.

qwerto
12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Hasn't anyone thought about Sephiroth?
I personally think hes in the wheelchair because he is disabled... from what the gang did to him and is recovering.... You don't go in a wheelchair just to look good...

Rufus is still alive (as shown in the new trailer) but is not in the wheelchair...
Hojo should be dead... but anything can happen...

But the person in the wheelchair could also be... a new person?

edit: watch the 3rd trailer very closely...
CLICK (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/)
you should see Rufus... Tifa, Barett, Cid, Yazoo, Kadaj, RedXIII, Yuffie and I think Loz...

I think Ultima weapon is the big machine thing...
And the wheelchair mans chin is seen... not a very big clue though...

bloodshadow`
12-30-2004, 02:11 PM
The party (i.e. Cloud and gang) killed Hojo themselves. Also it was not known if Rufus had actually died in that blast, all we saw as the headquarters blow up. He may have escaped just in time.

He died. I don't remember where it was posted, but Square (back then, when Enix was a separate entity) confirmed it.

12-31-2004, 01:11 AM
hmmm. well huh... how 'bout this....
ok it can't be sephiroth because he's dead, can't be Hojo cause you kill him, can't be scarlet, can't be heidigger, can't be the old president, rufus could've lived through the explosion but not like ly, and then there's reeve, nothing happened to him... so that leads to three possibilities Rufus Reeve or Hojo(i just thought that because he had jenova cells).

SomethingBig
12-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Hasn't anyone thought about Sephiroth?
I personally think hes in the wheelchair because he is disabled... from what the gang did to him and is recovering.... You don't go in a wheelchair just to look good...

Rufus is still alive (as shown in the new trailer) but is not in the wheelchair...

Sephiroth definitely was slain by Cloud and the crew. Rufus is the more logical answer, since he had a more likely chance of surviving and also being crippled.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2004, 02:20 AM
I'd love it if it were Reeve. It'd make sense since, with the exception of Palmer, all the other Shin-Ra executives were killed, which would make him "Mr. President." It'd also explain why we haven't seen Cait Sith in any of the trailers. On the other hand, there's no evident reason for Reeve to be in a wheelchair, since he was fine at the end of FFVII, and he probably wouldn't want to have anything to do with Shin-Ra, Inc. anymore anyway.

01-01-2005, 10:37 PM
well from what i've heard that it has been 1-3 years after that whole inncident happened. so who knows. it'll could've ended up that reeve was hurt. or crippled some how or it's just a play off (disguise). and a lot can change in a year (by my and some other's terms). so what can you expect?

ChibiInuYasha
01-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Why would Hojo want Cloud's help stopping a trio of Sephiroth groupies? Wouldn't Hojo want to help them? Rufus on the other hand wanted to destroy Sephiroth. Rufus makes the most sense.

01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Rufus or reeve would make better since but possibly Rufus. like what... Chibi Inuyasha said.

Yameki
01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Come on just look in the new trailer you can see a little of his cloth inside the white tunic . IT'S RUFUS he got the same cloth as rufus got. :)

Shoden
01-28-2005, 05:56 PM
1. Hojo is dead meat
2. Rufus's fate is unknown

most likely Rufus

amratis
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
It's Rufus, as others have said, you can see the white cloth. and doesnt one of the subtitles read someone saying "Mr President" to him? I read that somewhere so not sure.

amra

Destai
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah a white collor was seen alright. He was definitely talking about Sephorth so it seemed like it was Hojo but Rufus is much more likely because of the unofficial death. XD It being Sephiroth is totally ridiculous! As if Cloud and the Turks didnt notice there greatest enemy right infront of them because of a white sheet XD!

ljkkjlcm9
02-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Sephiroth is not the wheelchair guy, and not cause he is dead, cause he is in the movie, we can see the cool looking awesome sephiroth(maybe a clone) at the end of the 4th trailer on the site. So if he is looking awesome out of the chair, and unharmed, it is not him in the chair.

Reasons for Rufus are countless though. We don't know what happened to him. Calling him Mr. President. Wanting Clouds help because he is Ex-Soldier(a Shinra thing). The turks, the silver haired men are made by shinra as clones(if I remember correctly shinra did make them). So all in all, it seems to be rufus. Plus who the hell else is crippled enough to do that, except for when Cloud was in the wheel chair in the game, remember that?

THE JACKEL

Shoden
02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
what about Tseng?

Camanche
02-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Tseng died when the Temple of the Ancients collapsed. And again, Rufus' name is in the credits, Tseng's isn't. The wheelchair man talks.

Not to mention the title of Mr. President.

amratis
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I just played the part of the game where Rufus gets blown up last night. Damn he sure does get fryed good doesnt he. Hard to believe how he could have survived but hey it's a movie, anything is possible :D

amra

meowwl
02-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I just recently replayed the part where diamond weapon blasts Rufus, and I have to say that the look on his face wasn't that of a man about to die...no resignation or fear, just determination..I favor some kind of trapdoor that he escaped with his life through. He looks through the windows with a look of fierce determination, and at the last minute, before he is engulfed in flames, he turns toward a console, and appears to hunch down a bit.maybe dropping through a trapdoor..then the flames cover him, and we see no more of him in the game.

Shoden
02-09-2005, 04:23 PM
well Tseng may have been Taken out by Elena and Rude he was pretty much dead after the sephiroth incident, i believe its Rufus now that if watched the scene again

amratis
02-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Yeah, it cant be Tseng, he was SOOOO dead. and it didnt look he was going to move. However Rufus and the trapdoor? I dont know..of course its possible, he definetly does hunch down as the flames engulf him. Personally I think his expression was one of *who wants to live forever! I'm a double-hard b*****d!! and no crappy flame is taking me down!* I dont think he went through a trapdoor, I just think he was damn lucky and wasnt killed, probably was burnt to a crisp, barely alive typa thing, then someone found him, and employee or something. :confused: :)

amra

meowwl
02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I keep remembering that through the game, when he was supposed to be ruling by fear, he seemed to earn more loyalty by praise. Like the sailor in Junon..He said that president Rufus had told him he did a good job, or something like, and he was rushing all over the place to keep doing a good job. You run into a few others like that in the game..maybe having Cloud and co. beat the dogsnot out of him made him change his mind?

amratis
02-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Maybe, I have a hunch though that he will turn out to be still a bad guy in the film. Maybe not, I guess we wont know till the film comes out, but its fun to speculate.

amra

Rudster
02-14-2005, 10:49 AM
For anyone who thought it was possible that the person in the wheelchair was Aeris, if you watch the trailers the voice acted by the person is male. So it's definitely not Aeris.

It seems that the person who it is leaning towards is Rufus according to theoretical speculation, of course unless it is someone entirely new.

Destai
02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes it is Rufus hiring out Cloud to take care of Kadaj's group as Cloud is the only one suitable since he was from soldier.

Heartless Shadow
02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
wheel chair guy could be hojo but is most likely rufus.its defently not septhiroth because in the trailer it shows cloud talking to the wcm and i dont really see seph and cloud getting along that well.maybe rufus lived after his encounter with diamond but got injured bad.That would explain the wheelchair.

Jenova
02-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Hmm.. I always thought it was either Rufus or Hojo.. But when Diamond Weapon blew up the building with Rufus in it he might not of died. He could of been rescued.. The wheel chair would make sense because he was no doubt atlest injured in the explosion.

But still, I never seen a trailer where it says the guy is President Rufus.

Camanche
02-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I think it was one of the earlier trailers. I can't say what one exactly, because I've only saved the newest one of my computer.

Palindrome
02-21-2005, 03:53 AM
i can't believe people are still talking about this. It IS Rufus. Under the cloth, you can see a white suit with a yellow tie (Rufus' outfit), he is named in the credits, he is the only person who we don't SEE die, and Rude is standing next to him in the trailers. What confuses me is you all say he hires Cloud to kill the SHM but in the trailers yazoo (i think all the SHM look alike) is kneeling to rufus. Of course it is probibly a conspiracy to kill cloud and a part of the plot so i won't know until the movie comes out.

amratis
02-21-2005, 11:18 AM
It is a conspiracy againt Cloud because Rufus is a coniving, ruthless, ambitious GIT. So while he's lying to Cloud and asking him to help him *against* the SHM, he's actually working *with* them. Dont ask me why, but he's BAD man :D

cloud20747
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah it's Rufus

Sword
02-22-2005, 09:43 PM
C'mon the guy in the wheelchair is Hojo. Why would Rufus be in league with the SHM. If you go to SE's official AC website you will see a flow chart of the chain of command in Shin-Ra inc. President Shinra is dead and so is Rufus. Reeve is really Cait Sith so he's probably hiding somewhere controlling it. The rest would have split up since Shin-Ra inc. collapsed, which would have made Hojo president. He is probably in the wheelchair because cloud and co. defeated him and partly because he injected a lot of jenova cells into himself. Kadaj is probably seen bowing to him because he and the other two are the only successful clones of sephiroth.

Don't mind me I'm new :D

cloud20747
02-23-2005, 03:07 AM
It's Rufus, i seen new trailer and at one part they show wcm right arm(left one's missing another clue) they show some of Rufus' outfit. you know the all white suit with a hint of red. You can see it at www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/
Its trailer 4

Sword
02-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Did you read what's I just wrote above?

After all that, I'm going to feel really stupid if does turn out to be Rufus :rolleyes2

amratis
02-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Our whole point about it being Rufus is based on the theory that he *survived* the destruction of the building. Which is just as plausible an idea as that of Hojo surviving being completely destroyed by Cloud and Co. when you fight him at the Shinra building. Yes its true he drunk some messed up Jenovo cell drink but you KILL him in that fight, he doesnt run away. So in that , realistically, they *both* should be dead - I guess they're both valid theory's. I still say Rufus though. :D :p

Sword
02-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah I know, its just that why would SE put the Shin-Ra chain of command on their AC website? There has to be a reason for it, right? :confused:

amratis
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
They could have just put it there for a little bit of extra information, or because it looks good. Or because its just nice to have random info around. It doesnt nesseserily mean they put it there because they're trying to tell us something. However, that it could be the reason why its there I suppose. I just cant see Reno and Rude working for Hojo, but I guess we'l see

Sword
02-23-2005, 12:55 PM
What confuses me is that the Turks are working with the WCP (wheel-chair person) and so are the SHM. But then Rude and Reno are seen fighting against Yazoo (the milkshake?). The turks are also enimies of Cloud and co., but he talks to them and the WCP. Whats goin on? :confused:

Luthien Rogue
02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
C'mon the guy in the wheelchair is Hojo. Why would Rufus be in league with the SHM.

He's not.

If you go to SE's official AC website you will see a flow chart of the chain of command in Shin-Ra inc. President Shinra is dead and so is Rufus.

Can you prove that?

Kadaj is probably seen bowing to him because he and the other two are the only successful clones of sephiroth.

Did you notice the disrespectful little smirk Kadaj has on his face when he does that? It's not out of respect.

1. We were never told that Rufus died.
2. The WCM has the same clothes as Rufus.
3. The WCM's hair is yellow.
4. He is refered to as "Mr. President."
5. He is in the credits.

etc.... :love:

amratis
02-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Yup, I stress that this is just my opinion but I think its a given that its Rufus, I'd be highly surprised if it turned out to be anyone else

meowwl
02-27-2005, 02:05 PM
I think I'll pee my pants in surprise if it's anyone other than Rufus..Though it has occurred to me to wonder a time or two if it might be Reeve..

Joshkabob
03-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm leaning towards Rufus...Rude was standing RIGHT beside him in the third trailer.

I was just on another Forum type thing and I read this

"I was watching the Trailers and have been reading these theories for some time. (Side note: they are good reads and really add to the mystery of the game). Upon watching all four trailers, I saw something that caught my eye.

The wheelchair person is Rufus because of the colouring of the eyes. You see the eye briefly in the third or fourth trailer and it would make sense if it was him. I would think that Rufus was in a very secure room when Weapon attacked him. I mean it would only make sense that the place that is built like a military base would have these type of secure facilities.

More than likely Rufus was badly wounded.

Also if you read some of the theories here, the SHM are trying to resurrect Sepheroth, so would he be in a wheelchair if he is dead? It does not add up.

Ah well, time will only tell. "

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -T-Money

Joshkabob
03-14-2005, 03:47 AM
How could I edit when I didn't double post?

Del Murder
03-14-2005, 05:03 AM
I deleted your second post and edited for you. The warning was for next time.

roargoesthelion
03-14-2005, 06:17 PM
anyone thought about Zack?? :confused:

BackRoomKid
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
nope...zack's dead foo!

or is he??? lol
Aeris did come to mind, but then those lil' trailers you see of her gave out that option...and the fact the wheel chair man talks like a dude ruled that out too...lol

Joshkabob
03-16-2005, 03:49 AM
But I didn't double post! What the crap?!

Joshkabob
03-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Quote"Kadaj is probably seen bowing to him because he and the other two are the only successful clones of sephiroth."

Why the hell would they want to clone Seph? After all Shin-Ra Was trying to kill him(with the exception of Hojo.) Why would they want him back?

Luthien Rogue
03-16-2005, 04:58 AM
But I didn't double post! What the crap?!

Why the hell would they want to clone Seph? After all Shin-Ra Was trying to kill him(with the exception of Hojo.) Why would they want him back?

...Says the person who just double posted AGAIN. =|

And who said Shin-Ra wants him back? I think the person before you was saying that Kadaj may have been bowing to him because it was through Shin-Ra that Hojo and Gast were able to do these experiments. I disagree with him though. >.>

Joshkabob
03-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Unless Hojo cloned these guys before he died...

Luthien Rogue
03-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Unless Hojo cloned these guys before he died...

Your dim-wittedness is astounding. http://img178.exs.cx/img178/6624/wow1jm.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)

meowwl
03-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Obviously Kadaj et al were cloned before the events in the game..Kadaj is the youngest, and he is at least a teenager. I'm betting on Rufus..though Reeve has crossed my mind too. Dude.
Your dim-wittedness is astounding. no flaming even if it is obvious. :mad: ...And for gods sakes people.. :rolleyes2 read the whole thread at least once...please? :rolleyes2

Greiver205
03-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I have no idea on who it is so im just going to wait...thats a good idea.

Swordicanus
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Upon watching the trailers you can't say the person in the wheelchair isn't Rufus i mean come on his clothing.... Rude standing beside him.... the fact that he's in the chair just proves he was severly injured by diamond weapon and also the the little FACT his name is in the credits...now anyone who says otherwise is just trying to drag this debate on longer than it should be ....apart from the that I feel that Vincent has a big part in AC going by the trailers he seems to knoe things that Cloud does'nt also did'nt anyone notice Cloud flying after the weapon just like Sephiroth in ff7 (the game) this shows that Cloud was'nt a failure of a clone even though Hojo realised that later on in ff7...anyway can't wait looks brilliant