PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to work today.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Somebody come hit me with thier car.

Or, wait. As I'm delivering pizzas, come ram the cab of my truck with your car/truck. I believe I can get workman's comp for that. Yeah, do that one.

But make sure it's like, half an hour after I have to go on the clock so I don't have to work that long. Or at least make sure it's before Monday Night Football. Packers are playing, y'know.

RSL
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Packers will lose so you might as well work and make some money.

m4tt
11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I called in sick today, hooray for me?

RSL
11-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I took the day off!

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2004, 05:24 PM
AFLACK

theundeadhero
11-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Call in and tell them you have conjagated verbs. It sounds pretty serious like an STD or something. If your boss isn't very smart it would work. I did it at Arby's but my boss fired me :(

Rainecloud
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Tell them you're being forced to work in unsafe conditions.

You know, the world?

escobert
11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Packers will lose so you might as well work and make some money.

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
I didn't have to work today.

Carnage
11-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I want a job but no one will hire me. All my freinds tell me its because of my mohawk. :(

Roogle
11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Go Pack!

Meat Puppet
11-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Money magically appears in my mailbox. I never work.

Jojee
11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Psh... suck it up ^_- (*twaps Packers*) I worked today... it was bah. :|

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Someone has to get money, might as well be you, right?

Shlup
11-29-2004, 11:09 PM
I left class early. *shrug*

Denmark
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't have a job.

Go Rams!

...wait a minute.

RSL
11-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Go Rams! More specifically, go Marc Bulger! 5 TDs, 300 yards passing, no INTs, no sacks, and I'll beat m4tt!

Chris
11-30-2004, 01:52 AM
I have no life...therefore no job...I have no job therefore...I'm...HAPPY :D

Yamaneko
11-30-2004, 01:55 AM
I spent seven and a half hours at school today. :mad2:

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 02:02 AM
Somebody come hit me with thier car.

Or, wait. As I'm delivering pizzas, come ram the cab of my truck with your car/truck. I believe I can get workman's comp for that. Yeah, do that one.

But make sure it's like, half an hour after I have to go on the clock so I don't have to work that long. Or at least make sure it's before Monday Night Football. Packers are playing, y'know.

You know, I'm thinking of becoming a delivery guy. I hate cashier work since you always have to talk to people. I use to tutor and work in a nursery, but the fact that I'm getting my iPod soon makes delivering pizzas the perfect job. I don't like talking to people and I usually like quiet areas where I can do my job without disturbance, and being a cashier IS NOT the way to go.

Jojee
11-30-2004, 02:04 AM
I was/still am kinda a cashier at Taco Bell. Yeah, not too fun.

But instead of resorting to delivery, why not do something... better. Try secretary or somewhat for a nicer place instead of food service =P If you look hard enough, you can find it.

Venom65437
11-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Tell your boss you have explosive diarreha. It'll work, I promise. ;)

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Even though I'm young, the guys et me have a part time job at the Gamestop half of the week and when I have days off, I work at teh Petsmart. What can I say, I love money! Christmas is coming up too! I have to buy presents

Everyone get your lists ready! The Eater Bunny is comging and handing out gifts:D

<i>Don't double post. Thanks</i> -----RSL

Jojee
11-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Meh, presents >_> I just bought my bf a godawful expensive present... $250. Which is a lot when you're a college student. But I don't regret it, cos' he will like it ;)

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:21 AM
(Crowd whistles)'

:D:D:D:D:D

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 02:38 AM
See, I don't get the thing about Christmas.

If you truly like each other, the only thing you would want for X-Mas is each other. At least that's my mantra.

As for cashiering earlier, I hate it. It's not my personality to talk with people. I rather do stuff in the back, like stock or clean up. I wouldn't mind being a dishwasher, I deserve a gold medal for cleaning up that pot my stupid brother burned. But a pizza delivery guy, that's like...da bomb job. No talking, just hand the folks their food and get your money.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:41 AM
If you truly like each other, the only thing you would want for X-Mas is each other. At least that's my mantra.

I agree with that, but some people express it with gifts, esspecially with people they CARE alot about.
As for delivery, I don't know if I like going to other people's houses with thier food. Well, it's more like don't piss me off if I have your food of there will be a reinactment of Joe's Apartment going on

Jojee
11-30-2004, 02:44 AM
I know ^_^ But I also wanted to get him something else he really wanted. I like getting gifts, randomly too, not just for any holiday... And hey, for all you know, my gift coulda been expensive lingerie ;)

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:46 AM
(Crowd whistles)

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 02:48 AM
The best present that I've ever gotten was just spending time alone with my then-gf at night outside. Even though it was bitterly cold, it's the best ever. We both quit our jobs so we decided against getting anything.

So yeah, sorry mom. That "present" last year beats the ninja turtles pajamas you got me when I was 7.

Jojee
11-30-2004, 02:51 AM
That sounds really sweet... We do those kind of "presents" all the time. It's very nice...

And it's refreshing to see more romantic guys around once in a while, not ones who are so obsessed with sports and video games only. :tongue:

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Best Christmas was me and my boyfriend (currently) at WOW when he first hinted that he liked me and then got me these really cute bears! Then three days before my birthday, he asked me to go out with him. WOOHOO! I dish out good gifts on Christmas and always manage to get everybody what they want. *wink wink*

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 02:54 AM
That sounds really sweet... We do those kind of "presents" all the time. It's very nice...

And it's refreshing to see more romantic guys around once in a while, not ones who are so obsessed with sports and video games only. :tongue:

When you get older, games become less and less fun until you never play them. I made a topic about this a few weeks ago, it's like...genetic or something. Naturally, guys will let go of games...some take longer than others. Most of the 20+ year old guys on these forums are here to chat, not because we like FF(though I'm sure there are nerds...I mean guys who still like FF at 20+ years old).

Del Murder
11-30-2004, 02:58 AM
I worked. Wasn't too bad. Back in plenty of time to cheer on Longwell.

Is it just me or are the Pack on MNF like every other week?

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:58 AM
That's sad that the games become less frequent. They're so much fun. Who doens't like playing some sort of game every so often, eh?

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 03:00 AM
I worked. Wasn't too bad. Back in plenty of time to cheer on Longwell.

Is it just me or are the Pack on MNF like every other week?

I HATE THE PACK. The Cowboys are on Monday Night next week. THERE'S a team that's on every week. They suck. Man, I hope Favre is picked off 50 times...like he was in the 2001 NFC Championship game.

That's sad that the games become less frequent. They're so much fun. Who doens't like playing some sort of game every so often, eh?

You sound like you're still young(no offense), but until you get old like...like...Del, you'll realize that you're senile and games lose a lot of merit. I rather study than play games to be honest.

Del Murder
11-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Hey, every game :count:s

RSL
11-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Let's start a petition to get the Lions on MNF.

Jojee
11-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Holy shiet, study? I don't think I'll ever get to that point... I'd rather sit and twiddle my thumbs than study =P

eestlinc
11-30-2004, 03:10 AM
hey, the Bengals were on MNF this year, so anything's possible, RSL.

I went to work. It was very busy.

Shoeberto
11-30-2004, 03:12 AM
I could probably not go to school tomorrow. I've got quite the sinus infection. Nothing that would stop me from going, but I consider myself a bit of a thespian. "oooh mom, I'm so siiiiiiiick."

Don't have a job. Might get one someday.

MoonsEcho
11-30-2004, 03:47 AM
When you get older, games become less and less fun until you never play them. I made a topic about this a few weeks ago, it's like...genetic or something. Naturally, guys will let go of games...some take longer than others. Most of the 20+ year old guys on these forums are here to chat, not because we like FF(though I'm sure there are nerds...I mean guys who still like FF at 20+ years old).

I'm 21 and I still like playing video games...they aren't my life or anything, but I still enjoy playing them. Does that make me a nerd?
:(

:p

Cid
11-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Delivering pizzas is the funnest job I ever had. You shouldn't complain.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-30-2004, 04:30 AM
Most fun.

And Dingo, you still have to talk to people. If you don't, bad tips. The more friendly and talkative you are to people, the better tips you get.

And yeah, it's a fun job, it's just I'd rather sleep and watch football all day sometimes.

The Captain
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Well, the Pack blasted the Rams, which should have been a given since Mike Martz outstayed his welcome in St. Louis two years ago and Favre seems to own on Monday nights. Hopefully you caught some of the game Spiff?

I enjoy working with other people, which is very fortunate for me since I'm trying to break into an industry, film, where working with other people is as crucial as any other aspect it involves.

Take care all.

theundeadhero
12-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Your all very delusional. Nothing could ever be better than ninja turtle pajamas!

Raistlin
12-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Let's start a petition to get the Lions on MNF.
Ew. Nobody wants to watch that. :p