PDA

View Full Version : Know what would be cool? .hack//online

Gregoriev
11-30-2004, 12:50 AM
it would be awsome if they actually made a "the world" game, that was actually online for the PS2, or Xbox, but probalbly the ps2. who agrees?

Fate Fatale
11-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Waht?

Gregoriev
11-30-2004, 01:03 AM
if your going to give a 1 word answer, at least make sure it's spelled right! lol

but seriously, the .hack//infection/mutation/quarantine games seem to be really really fun, and from all the shows in the .hack universe, the game itself looks really neat. so i am left to wonder:

why haven't they made an actual online game of "the world"?(also known as the game thingy everyone plays in the .hack shows)

i think it would be really cool, i might even buy one if they make it worth my trouble. does that answer your question?

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2004, 01:05 AM
As much as I like .hack(besides anime version of twilight), just no. There are already too many MMORPGs as it is. .hack should just stay how it is. A simulation with a story to go along with it. Maybe add in an online mode but keep it how it is.

Although CC2 is working on something separtate and not another .hack game from what I understand.

BatChao
11-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Haha, yea. And then people who play it would go into mysterious comas! That would be awesome!

But really, it seems like it would be an interesting concept except for the fact that 'The World' doesn't have anything going for it to make it stand out from the crowd of all those other MMORPGs right now. Plus, the cool thing about .hack is that this virtual world is hiding something dark and secret and it's up to there unassuming heros to figure it out. If they really made such a game, it'd be hard to balance out who gets to be the 'hero' and who gets to be the regular player. Of course, everyone wants to be the hero, so it gets all complicated and blablabla. I think the game is okay as it is as a regular game.

Doomgaze
11-30-2004, 09:04 PM
A major part of the appeal is the ability to hack, which you can't just give to EVERYONE. It wouldn't work well as a real MMORPG.

Chibi Youkai
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I think it would be fun just as a virtual game, w/o all; the problems, c'ept mabye a corruped world or two might be intresting.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Are you kidding me? The class selection just plain sucks, and the leveling up is so easy it's almost boring. The moves aren't too horribly innovative either. It's a great anime, and the storyline is very interesting, but taking it online would just kill it.

Gregoriev
12-07-2004, 02:38 AM
I haven't actually played it, i don't even own a ps2, but if what you all are saying is true, then i guess it would not be that great.

of course, they could try to really pull out a win with it by adding something innovative that has not been done before and make it work well...like a multiplayer plot.

Along with graphics that max out the ps2's hardware (alot of companies should just go to xbox if they want awsome visuals)

and of course, just look at the world: It's really F***ing huge! Add in some voice support so you can talk to people (poorest mans voIP) and just make it huge. like, if you wander off into the wilderness, you might run into something cool and get mixed up into something that kicks butt, like finding that little girl AI thing or that cat dude, or killing some kind of like...hellishly hard boss to become uber and be able to advance your level beyond 99 hell, i don't know, the sky is the limit.

and of course, character customization...lots and lots of it. just keep adding in stuff to where no two characters can possibly look the same. modifying everyting from sex to body type to a billion different combinations to outfits to classes and skills and jobs with many different teirs and trees. sky is the limit on this one too.

we would need a company the equivalant of bungie or ubisoft or bioware to pull this off...but good with RPG stuff....

Ryth
12-07-2004, 02:46 AM
I would think it would be cool yes it does NEED some improvments to compete with Everquest II or Final Fantasy XI. So I think with a little tweaking it would be AWESOME! Also you forgot Outbreak.

Gregoriev
12-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah...forgot what it was called. lol

but anyways, like i said, anything can be done in a game, wether or not it is done well is another story. i have seen one too many games where they do something awsome in concept, but fail to properly implement it.

What i want to know is: What is the combat system in .hack like? i heard it was some kind of hybrid between stricly turn based and real time...is it like KOTOR? because KOTOR kicks ass...

on another note, i think that hacking thing could be implimented too. of course it wont actually be hacking, more like leveling up enough and being able to complete some kind of minigame to gain acess to a newer, cooler server that is designed to look all incomplete and not finished. or dark and spooky like some hackers took it over and make it the back market of the world or something.

but i digress, point it: Conceptually it can be awsome, but upon implementation it can suck alot.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2004, 04:25 AM
The battle system is somewhat akin to Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. You level automatically, and you pause the game to select a skill to use.

Captain Maxx Power
12-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm still waiting for the kind of MMOG I want to play to come out. One that doesn't have set classes, maximum levels/stats, and insanely powerful equipment. Infact I might go and make my own MMOG, with blackjack, and hookers. Infact...forget the MMOG!

Roogle
12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
The reason the game was so popular in the anime and during the games is because it lets you fully immerse yourself within The World. If they could duplicate that kind of technology, then they probably would make a good game. Who wouldn't want a full sensual experience in an online world like that, really? Fight monsters with your own two feet, or whatever. Though the games themselves were limited by only what you could do in the game, I think the actual game The World allowed a lot more freedom.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately with the technology we have right now, it wouldn't really be that great. Frankly, I'm looking more at the online Dungeons and Dragons that's supposedly coming out. If they have the Psion class available (but even if they don't) that'll be awesome.

Gregoriev
12-08-2004, 09:02 PM
umm...right...

seriously though, you don't need a brain implant to enjoy an RPG, you just have to make it not as turn based...or better yet...just have halo 2, but an MMFPS how cool would that be? you and your crew can spawn at your own base, and you can go around killing blue (or red) guys as a part of the massive civil war to gain flags, or blow up the enemy base, or hold a skull for the longest ammount of time. YEAH!

Chibi Youkai
12-09-2004, 12:30 AM
I believe one of those already exists. It's called socom, us navy seals, or something like that.

Gregoriev
12-09-2004, 08:35 PM
no, nothing like it actually exists. and is popular right now.

they tried to have a rip off of halo in some Massive Multiplayer First Person Shooter, forget what it was called though...planet side? i played a tral version of it a looong time ago...like 2001 or maybe 2002. everything looked like halo 1 though, the warthog looked the same, you could fly this pelican rip off. but in general the game sucked. and it was never really all that popular.

it would be freaken sweet if they make halo 2 massive muliplayer online. i don't mean team matches either, i mean you can travel alone, join up with people in a part, go out, raid... the blue team...basically fight a massvie civil war between red and blue...

kikimm
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
When I read the first post, I thought, "Wow! That's a really cool idea!" But after reading the rest of this, and thinking about the game itself....on second glance, it probably wouldn't work out too well. Even though I thought it was cool at first glance, I would never play "The World", because I detest online games, paying money for them. And there's plenty of people who agree with me. Like someone else said, there really is too many online games out there right now. I think the whole game within a game thing works perfectly for the PS2, offline. Meh.

:D

Gregoriev
12-10-2004, 01:27 AM
you have to admit though, in spite of what we discussed about the drawbacks. it's kinda ironic that a game based on an online game would not support actual online gameplay.

if it supported online play from the get go with the whole game being as it is already, each sucessive disk adding more stuff like an expansion pack, it could have really took off...then.

now it would just be another gimmick to get us to buy into another detestible game based on leveling (best business model for online games EVER!) that also tries to get you to buy sucessive disks for the story, and to get new expansion pack stuff exclusive to that new addition.

Though it would probalbly sell better than it did back then if they released it like that now. lol.

KID: I am a consumer whore
DAD: and how!

UltimateSpamGrover
12-10-2004, 02:10 AM
.hack//online = Final Fantasy XI, IMO

Gregoriev
12-17-2004, 06:11 PM
well yeah, and:

X-1 equals everything else made....

they are all the same people! *goes crazy*