PDA

View Full Version : A couple of suggestions

feioncastor
11-30-2004, 04:45 AM
I'm new to eoff and I must say I really love this forum. It's really cool to find others who are as into these games as I am.

However, I couldn't help but notice there is no SaGa board. The SaGa series is almost as big as the Final Fantasy series in number of games. I mean, SaGa Frontier was incredible. Romancing SaGa III, also really good. And Unlimited SaGa was, well, not too terrible.

And also, I think a Super Mario RPG board would make sense since SMRPG is a Squaresoft game.

And finally, maybe exclude FF4 from the old classics board. Maybe like FF1-FF3 (since those three are kinda similar), but FF4 is the first of the really popular ones. And it's an excellent game too.

Anyway, just my thoughts. If you choose to disregard them, that's fine, I'll still come here to post. I'm just sayin.

Feion

Kirobaito
11-30-2004, 04:51 AM
I'm supposed to be in charge of SMRPG, but, I errr....*runs away*

eternalshiva
11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
yeah what ever happened to that Kiro? *stares at you in an uncomfy way*

Flying Mullet
11-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Heh, we might want to move this thread into feeback as it's related to the forums and not the front site.

But to take a shot at your questions, there isn't a SaGa or SMRPG forum because they don't generate enough traffic to warrant their own forum. A different forum isn't made for every game, forums are made and split the way they are to reduce traffic to any one forum. That's why FFVII and FFVIII are in different forums (as each game gets a lot of traffic) but FFI and FFII are in the same forum (as neither game generates a lot of traffic). Also, there is a General Square-Enix forum to talk about the SaGa series and SMRPG.

As for the FFIV vs. FFI-III, that's been an eternal debate that will probably never be solved. Feedback to move FFIV somewhere else pops up about every other month and lots of discussion ensues but nothing ever gets done.

Doomgaze
11-30-2004, 08:55 PM
It's a good idea to move IV, but it would be too much work, and the Cid's Knights are like Lazy Shinra.

Loony BoB
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Not all of us. =P A few of us have always been gunning for the split, but some certain sentimental oldbies keep denying us. :p

As for SaGa and SMRPG, they don't have enough demand in the General Square Enix forum to warrant a forum of their own, as far as I know.

Doomgaze
11-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Which is a shame, because Geno could kick Auron's ass.

Flying Mullet
11-30-2004, 09:19 PM
My grandma could kick Auron's ass.

Agent Proto
11-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, besides, Auron's unsent.

Yamaneko
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Knights can't make/move/split forums. We're lazy because The Man keeps us down. :shifty:

Flying Mullet
11-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Is it The Man or The woMan? :shifty:

Yamaneko
11-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Shlup is a man. :cool:

m4tt
11-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Knights can't make/move/split forums. We're lazy because The Man keeps us down. :shifty:
He doesn't keep me down, I'm lazy on my own. :D

crono_logical
11-30-2004, 11:29 PM
FF1-3
FF4-5
FF6

:monster:

Loony BoB
11-30-2004, 11:44 PM
FF1-3
FF4-5
FF6

:monster:
Yeah!

Roogle
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
The SaGa series has never been that popular in the States, and wouldn't warrant enough posts to make it worth looking at. Heck, some of the mainstream forums don't even get that many posts.

eestlinc
12-01-2004, 01:37 AM
never put 4 and 5 together!!!!!!

m4tt
12-01-2004, 02:14 AM
never put 4 and 5 together!!!!!!
Yeah!

Del Murder
12-01-2004, 02:35 AM
SaGa and Mario RPG would not be able to sustain their own board. We barely get any topics on each as it is.

Splitting IV out might be wise, especially with the rerererelease of I & II and I think eventually III. IV and I get about 90% of the threads in I-IV, around 45% each, so splitting those apart would have some active enough forums. This weekend I shall do an analysis of the activity in each of the oldschool forums and post the results here, and then they can be prompty ignored by anyone who has the power to change it. Remind me if I forget.

Rostum
12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
While we are on the topic of improving this board, we really need to keep the FF7 forums under control. The advent children one, expecialy. There's just too many newbies signing up and posting pointless stuff and having PM conversations in the threads.

Do you remember the time when there was a bit more style in the posts?

Del Murder
12-01-2004, 04:08 AM
kishi's usually good about keeping AC in check, but he might be on one of his <s>upgrades</s> vacations.

feioncastor
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
While we are on the topic of improving this board, we really need to keep the FF7 forums under control. The advent children one, expecialy. There's just too many newbies signing up and posting pointless stuff and having PM conversations in the threads.

Do you remember the time when there was a bit more style in the posts?
Did any of you ever post at vgchat.com? I used to post there religiously, about 20 times a day. But eventually, the posts lost all style whatsoever, and as last week, vgchat.com is no more. Kinda sad, but they wouldn't make a Square-Enix board, so this place is way better. I mean, it was Video Game Chat.com, and there was no forum for Final Fantasy stuff. Can you believe that? Hehehe, oh well.

Feion

Real One Bjarni
03-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Did any of you ever post at vgchat.com? as last week, vgchat.com is no more.

Dude! That's because you and Raptor hacked it!!!! STOP HACKING THE SITE!!!!!!!

Psychotic
03-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Dude! That's because you and Raptor hacked it!!!! STOP HACKING THE SITE!!!!!!!I think the additional exclamation marks will really make him think twice about doing THAT again. Excellent work, Real One <s>Player</s> Bjarni.

...oh god I'm making jokes about media players...oh god oh god oh god. *feels unclean*

FightClubFan#47
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I might be wrong, but I always thought that we didn't have SaGa here, because, I don't know, we're EYESONFF. SMRPG maybe.... But it's pushing it. :p

p.s. Why is :p cl_out?

m4tt
03-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Dude! That's because you and Raptor hacked it!!!! STOP HACKING THE SITE!!!!!!!
Dude! Don't revive old threads just to tell someone something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Del Murder
03-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the reminder Bjarni!