PDA

View Full Version : Harry Kewell........

Doc Sark
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
.......is Liverpool's new Emile Heskey.

I'm fed up with watching him labour up and down the touchline only occasionally releasing a shot or a pass of the calibre that he produced at Leeds. He has so much talent and ability...so why isn't he using it. He was one of the few Liverpool players I have ever been genuinely excited about when he signed, but on Sunday he was the only Liverpool player that looked like he didn't belong in the team.

I don't what it is, Liverpool have a wonderful talent of picking up great players with awesome potential ie, Nigel Clough, Emile Heskey, El Hadji Diouf, Harry Kewell etc and watching them consistently underachieve. At least Emile Heskey was hard working, Harry Kewell is fast becoming about as effective out on the left as he would be in goal, the fact that he is only the team because of the injury crisis is beside the point, he has produced very few moments that would make Rafa Benitez want him in the side. I wonder, is he this bad for his country? It's about time he gave something back to the club he has allegedly always dreamed of playing for.

Matth
11-30-2004, 07:19 PM
:lol:
Yes, when he signed, I also thought he would be an important player for Liverpool... and now, he just can't make a pass ! :cry:

Psychotic
11-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Yes, I agree. However, look at what has happened with Diouf and Heskey since leaving Liverpool. I know Heskey was man of the match in Birmingham's last game, and despite his spitting habit, Diouf has performed well for Bolton. And look at Michael Owen - towards the end of his Liverpool career he wasn't performing as well as he used to, but now that he has signed for Real Madrid BOOM! He's suddenly scoring goals left, right and centre.

The moment we sell Kewell he will become excellent again. Guaranteed.

Cz
12-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Some players just don't fit in at a club, like Pascal Cygan. :exdee:

It could be that his style of play doesn't fit Liverpool, or that personal issues are affecting his performance. It's difficult to tell, but the one thing that's obvious is that he isn't right for the club. The sooner you get rid of him, the better for both Kewell and Liverpool.

Doc Sark
12-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Agh Pascal Cygan.

It's a whole other thread to account for the amount of atrocities that man is guilty of.

Matth
12-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Before leaving Lille, Pascal Cygan was rather a good player ! :up: :up:

Cz
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Indeed he was. Wenger's signings are a bit hit and miss, with the players he brings in either being a huge success (Henry, Vieira, Ljungberg) or a severe disappointment (Cygan, Jeffers, Suker). We were all absolutely certain that Pascal would be our saviour in defence, and became extremely worried with his early performances. Luckily the ace Kolo Toure was there to back him up, and we ended up with the best defensive record in the league last season.

Of course, now our defence has gone to pieces again, so we're all writing letters to Arsene, asking him to poach Ledley King from Spurs. What a wonderful thing that would be. :)

Skogs
12-02-2004, 01:00 PM
That's the funny thing - he still performs for Australia - though against Norway he was so desperate for a goal that he'd fire a hopeless effort off the minute he got anywhere near the box.

Same goes for Brett Emerton who's another brilliant talent who's underachieving at club level.

Doc Sark
12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Brett Emerton made a monkey out of Josemi when Blackburn played Liverpool recently but apart from that he's fairly average. I hate it when players are brought in to clubs with great reputations and records and then just suck. Cheyrou was amazing for Lens, Diouf was stunning in the World Cup and now look at them.

I'm glad you brought up Cygan, Suker, Jeffers and co. It is a reminder that Wenger isn't superman and cocks up just like any other manager in the transfer market on occasions.

Matth
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Cheyrou was amazing for Lens,

Wrong : for Lille ! :D :D

Doc Sark
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah Lille. I knew it was one of those second rate French club sides. He scored a beauty for them against Utd in the champions league. Hardly lived up to Houlliers "next zidane" tag.

Cz
12-03-2004, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't call Lille second rate if I were you. They're topping Ligue 1 right now, and while it may not be the strongest division in the world, just remember that places them above Monaco!

But I know what you're saying. You'd think with such a strong national side and a large African presence, the French league would be a great deal better than it is. For whatever reason, this isn't the case. Strange, really.

Doc Sark
12-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I hope you aren't referring to Monaco's highly controversial, cheating argie b*****d, victory over Liverpool?

You're right it is strange, with the exception of Monaco's performance in the Champions League last year their national league leaves much to be desired. You could say the same about the Dutch, Brazillian and Argentinian Leagues aswell though.

tomamar04
12-03-2004, 06:19 PM
The Dutch league's pretty good, better than the Bundasligua and the SPL.

The best league is either the Premiership or Serie A. Barca nd Real Madrid will be miles ahead of the rest in Liga 1 at the end of year.

Cz
12-03-2004, 09:19 PM
While the teams in Serie A are undoubtedly very strong, I find the type of football that they play to be incredibly dull. La Liga and The Premiership produce the most exciting matches, in my view.

gokufusionss1
12-04-2004, 08:03 PM
harry scored today doc sark, he's a good player waiting to break out of his diao shell of cruminess.

tomamar04
12-05-2004, 10:21 AM
It's kind of ironic. He hasn't scored in over a year, we start talking about him and he scores. Maybe we should do this for some other goal hungry strikers! (Kanuote, Beattie)

gokufusionss1
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
beattie scored last week!

tomamar04
12-05-2004, 02:39 PM
But if you consider over the past two seasons only Henry and van Nistelrooy have scored more, you can see he hasn't been performing this year. Not long before Euro 2004, I was saying how Beattie should play alongside Owen for England. How wrong I was...

Cz
12-05-2004, 02:44 PM
To be fair to James Beattie he'd probably be performing a lot better if the rest of the team wasn't collapsing around him. Southampton are in big trouble at the moment, and no striker can score regularly without good players supporting him.

And to be unfair to Kewell, he didn't exactly have a lot to do to score that goal, and from what I understand he wasn't too good in the rest of the match. He'll need to be consistently good if the Premiership is to take him seriously as a threat.

tomamar04
12-05-2004, 03:23 PM
I never thought Kewell was that good anyway.

I've always rated Beattie. But now it seems as though Southampton are getting a little bit of form. But they still may get relegated. It will be 3 from Norwich, Palace, West Brom, Blackburn and Southampton.

Doc Sark
12-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Kanoute has got 2 in the last few weeks? Unless we are talking about a different Kanoute.

Hopefully Kewell's goal will give him a bit of confidence. The last 12 months haven't been good for him. He did put away 12 goals, a fairly good return from midfield last season, but most of them were in the first half. 2004 has been bad.

If he pulls his socks up in the new year I'm sure Liverpool fans will be willing to give him a fresh start. He is undoubtedly, when on form, one of the best wingers in the world.

And to be unfair to Kewell, he didn't exactly have a lot to do to score that goal, and from what I understand he wasn't too good in the rest of the match. He'll need to be consistently good if the Premiership is to take him seriously as a threat.

A goals a goal at the end of the day, easier chances have been squandered this season. ahem...kanu...ahem...! The fact that Kewell seems confident enough to score with his head and be in the right place at the right time shows that he still has the ability to do a job for Liverpoool.

harry scored today doc sark, he's a good player waiting to break out of his diao shell of cruminess.

Diao is the worst player I have ever seen put on a Liverpool shirt!

To be fair to James Beattie he'd probably be performing a lot better if the rest of the team wasn't collapsing around him. Southampton are in big trouble at the moment, and no striker can score regularly without good players supporting him.

There's a lot of talk this week of Beattie leaving. You're right, Southampton are a team that spend so much time hiring and firing managers, they are unable to build a quality squad. Strachan started something off but wasn't allowed to finish it. It's the same for Johnson at Palace. You look at both teams and think, who else is going to get the goals? Phillips is good but your main return is going to come from Beattie. At Palace Johnson realistically is the only danger man, hence why Liverpool are rumoured to be after him. He'd be a good signing I think. Strong, quick and able to score goals. He could be the player James Beattie will never be if he stays at Saints. See Matt Le Tissier....