PDA

View Full Version : The wonders of Mexican/Spanish food.

Rye
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
I had a lot of good spanish/mexican food this week. On Thanksgiving, I was given these really yummy peppers. They had a pickle taste to them, but they were very spicy (not jalapenos though. I have to drink like 20 bottles of water after eating those xD.) They were sorta crinkly too. Does anyone know what kind of peppers I'm talking about and what they're called, cause we ran out and I want some more! :o

I also just had a chicken-cheese cassedilla. Oh my god. That was delicious.

Anyways, <3 @ Mexican/Spanish food. What is your opinion on this kind of food?

Dingo Jellybean
11-30-2004, 08:14 PM
I had a lot of good spanish/mexican food this week. On Thanksgiving, I was given these really yummy peppers. They had a pickle taste to them, but they were very spicy (not jalapenos though. I have to drink like 20 bottles of water after eating those xD.) They were sorta crinkly too. Does anyone know what kind of peppers I'm talking about and what they're called, cause we ran out and I want some more! :o

I also just had a chicken-cheese cassedilla. Oh my god. That was delicious.

Anyways, <3 @ Mexican/Spanish food. What is your opinion on this kind of food?

You might be talking of habenero peppers. Mexican is generally my favorite kind of food, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Indian food. It's so underated. Italian food is good too, but Indian food...man, it might soon become my favorite...but Mexican food offers so much value, more so than any brand of food that it's hard to push off the top.

Doomgaze
11-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Habaneros are quite a bit more spicy than jalapenos. They're delicous though.

What color were the peppers? How were they cut? Any seeds?

I don't like Indian food, they use some spice which I don't like.

MoonsEcho
11-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Mexican food is my FAVORITE! Quesadillas are awesome. As for the peppers, I really don't know without seeing them. I don't think I've ever had habaneros, but I have had the cheese, and it's quite good.

I don't like Indian food either, and I think I am one of the handful of people in the entire world who doesn't like oriental food. <_<

Rye
11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
It was green and it has a few clusters of seeds. It was about the size of a jalapeno, but it was shaped differently and more crinkly.

m4tt
11-30-2004, 08:27 PM
I probably have mexican food 3 or 4 times a week. Burritos and taquitos in the freezer for snacks. I had taco salad for dinner last night, and The Crazy Chicken is just down the street.

Doomgaze
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Anaheims, perhaps?

http://www.g6csy.net/chile/peppers/anaheim.jpg

EDIT: OH, I bet they were pepperoncinis. They're an Italian pepper, usually pickled..
http://www.chefsgarden.com/catalog/images/full/pepperoncini.jpg

Rye
11-30-2004, 08:50 PM
That's it! I guess that's not really Mexican/Spanish then... but I love jalapenos and those sweeter peppers. And the cassadillas too. xD

DeBlayde
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I loves mexican. my wife hates mexican. so I never gets mexican food. :(

Indic food is very tasty, except for any of the dishes that use cayan. i'm allergic to that stuff for some freaky reason. also very :(

Spanish food is ok too. although, once I made some Gaspacho soup in a food processor and I processed it for too long. and it came out... kinda.. looking.... like puke.

but it tasted really good! looked like puke, but tasted really good!

Denmark
11-30-2004, 10:06 PM
spanish food != mexican food

but I digress.

I don't care for Mexican food that much, although chips and salsa = <3

nik0tine
11-30-2004, 10:38 PM
but I'm also a HUGE fan of Indian food. It's so underated.

mmmmmm i love indian food.

Also, has anybody eaten ethiopian food? That stuff is great!

Strider
11-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Mexican food is best when it's homemade, because it's made with love! <3

I love my family. :love:

Kirobaito
11-30-2004, 11:37 PM
God, I love Mexican food. Living in Texas, there are a billion different places you can go to get it. It's my favorite kind of food. Fajitas, quesadillas, chimichangas, tamales, rellenos, God I love it.

kikimm
11-30-2004, 11:38 PM
I used to hate, but now...not so much. I'll eat anything that's really, really spicy, because spicy=yummy....and it might hide....certain, unpleasant tastes. My dad's worked in loads of mexican restaurants, so I've been exposed to quite a lot.

I'm working up an apetite for it, I guess.

:D

FightClubFan#47
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
cassedilla=:<3:

Strider
12-01-2004, 01:32 AM
:o

:ooooooooo

It's spelled "quesadilla".

Dingo Jellybean
12-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Anaheims, perhaps?

http://www.g6csy.net/chile/peppers/anaheim.jpg

EDIT: OH, I bet they were pepperoncinis. They're an Italian pepper, usually pickled..
http://www.chefsgarden.com/catalog/images/full/pepperoncini.jpg

The last one looks like Cuban peppers, which are NOT spicy at all...but are quite good.

I don't like Indian food either, and I think I am one of the handful of people in the entire world who doesn't like oriental food. <_<

Despite being 3/4ths Asian, I don't like Oriental food either. Other than sashimi(sp?) and stuff, it's not all that great. Fried rice is good on occasions, but I'll take hot-homemade chili any day of the week over that.

Speaking of which, some American food(or I think they are) is like, classic. Stuff like chili, beef stew, and corn beef hash are my favorite dishes, even though they are cheap and stuff, but I like it.

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2004, 02:23 AM
I don't like Mexican food besides my dad's tacos he makes for me.

I like chili.

bennator
12-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Mexican food is very good, but it can't hold a candle to Indian food.

Yuzuki130
12-01-2004, 02:35 AM
BURRITOS ARE NOT MEXICAN FOOD! They are America's spin off of Mexican food. NO OFFENSE TO ANYBODY! Just thought I'd mention that... :D All the other Mexican Americans out there know what I mean!

Kalen
12-01-2004, 05:41 AM
I like it *nod*

Roogle
12-01-2004, 12:38 PM
I hate Mexican food and Indian food. It's probably because my mom and dad are of those cultures, eh? :p I only like Japanese food or (real or otherwise) Chinese food, really.