PDA

View Full Version : Squall or cloud?

Pages : [1] 2

dking
11-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Between squall or cloud. Who would win the ultimate duel? Lets hear some opinions. Personally I think cloud would win. :D

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Hm...maybe a draw. Cloud movements are a bit slower than Squall's from what I see, but the large sword would work in favor of blocking attacks from a swift sword. Squall also seems a bit hesitant sometimes (MY OPINION) and sometimes rushes into things, which could give Kloud the upper hand. I stil think that it's a draw until I find a winner.

FatedChild
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Hm, omnislash vs lionheart...I have no idea.

dking
11-30-2004, 11:07 PM
I think cloud may be a little bit smarter when it comes to fighting. If it was a game of cards then squall would win.

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh, damnit, not this again...
It would never happen; they have no reason to fight.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:09 PM
I think cloud may be a little bit smarter when it comes to fighting. If it was a game of cards then squall would win..

harsh. Nice, but harsh.
Lionheart vs omni slash= a bunch of slashes vs a bunch of slashes= a draw. Unless Squall gets those extra Renzokuken hits in first

dking
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
What about cloud's Summon Materia vs. GF's. Who do you think would win in that battle?

dking
11-30-2004, 11:18 PM

harsh. Nice, but harsh.
Cloud would win for sure.

XxSephirothxX
11-30-2004, 11:20 PM
I'd say Materia gives Cloud a major advantage. But, I just like him a lot more as a charater, so I'm probably a bit biased. :D

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:22 PM
bahamut vs Bahamut
Bahamut vs Bahamut Zero
bahamut vs that third friggin bahamut!
Eden vs Knights of the round! WHOOOOOO! Go EDEN!
Ifreet vs Ifrit= demon beating man with horns in a thong
shiva vs shiva
I think CLoud might win that one because you have to wait a long time for the GFs if you aren't compatible with them. But if you are and they come with the quickness of the cheetah, then maybe Squall qould win. I guess it comes down to what GF is against which summon.
Quetzalcotl vs Leviathan= The thunder bird winnig
Ramuh vs Pandemona= Ramuh, an old man cleaning up the dirt with his brand new vacuum cleaner

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 11:25 PM

harsh. Nice, but harsh.
Cloud would win for sure.

Nice editing there.
Please, refrain from being a moronic ass.

Faris
11-30-2004, 11:27 PM
they'd kill each other before they even think to strike a second time :p
meh, depends on what advanages they have, for example if Cloud had the buster sword and Squall the lionhart : Squall would win. on the other hand if Squall had the gunblade and Cloud the ultima weapon (i think that's what it's called) : Cloud would win... :blahblah: ...ect.
if they were even with their status, then, ya they'd kill each other.
but that's just my opinion ;) *shrug*

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Nice editing there.
Please, refrain from being a moronic ass.

Me? Oh please not me:(

Hey Faris, you're in my story. How lucky for you!!!!!!!!!

Faris
11-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey Faris, you're in my story. How lucky for you!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean? i'm confused :confused:

dking
11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
I thought it was pretty good myself, chevelle. Anyway, this is the question that is easy for me maybe harder for others. Between Sephiroth and Seifer who would win. Personally Sephiroth is way cooler but Seifer put up a better fight against squall then Sephiroth did with Cloud. Witch either means that Cloud is way stronger then Squall or Sephiroth was just a little wuss.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
what do you mean? i'm confused

There's a story, a sequel to FFVIII and one of the main characters's name is Farris. ALthough there's an extra s, but who cares. (breaks into song)You can dance. You can dance. Everybody look at your pants. He actually comes in dring the second part to FFVIIIODB, but you have a major role! (Just think of it as you. Sheesh) you should read it. If you go to FFVIII, you'll find the first part. I suggest you read that before you read the second part if you want to so you nkow what your role is!

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Me? Oh please not me:(

Not you, Dking.

And since I'm here, I may as well set the rules no one else bothered to...

Both Characters are at Level 10, no GF/Materia/Magic, standard weapon, 3000 HP each. (I think FFVII has 3000 HP lv. 10s but not FFVIII...correct me if I'm wrong.)

Now, like this, I think Squall would win, why? He would get his Limit first, because he needs critical HP to activate it...but if they use the same Limit System...I think Squall still does more damage with his Level one Limit, and he can also pull the Revolver's Trigger for extra damage...he has a distinct advantage...

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:39 PM
I thought it was pretty good myself, chevelle. Anyway, this is the question that is easy for me maybe harder for others. Between Sephiroth and Seifer who would win. Personally Sephiroth is way cooler but Seifer put up a better fight against squall then Sephiroth did with Cloud. Witch either means that Cloud is way stronger then Squall or Sephiroth was just a little wuss.

I'd prefer to think that Cloud is stronger than Squall because calling Seppy a wuss :(:( You'd better not let Sephirothchick hear you or she'll come after you with a chainsaw :D Seppy and his Muramasa! (Manoa and his Muramasa!) Seppy would beat Seifer's ass, I don;t care if he has his little flaming arrow thingie or not! Seppy will teach Seiffy a thing or two for messing with Zell!

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Now, like this, I think Squall would win, why? He would get his Limit first, because he needs critical HP to activate it...but if they use the same Limit System...I think Squall still does more damage with his Level one Limit, and he can also pull the Revolver's Trigger for extra damage...he has a distinct advantage...

Well said. I applaud you! I couldn't have said it better. Quite literally!

dking
11-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok, squalls attacks are better but remember. He's technology is two years newer than Clouds. :D

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Between Sephiroth and Seifer who would win. Personally Sephiroth is way cooler but Seifer put up a better fight against squall then Sephiroth did with Cloud. Witch either means that Cloud is way stronger then Squall or Sephiroth was just a little wuss.

Aside from the fact that again; they have no reason to fight...

Sephiroth is a wuss, Seifer got sliced across the face, beaten up over three times by Squall (And also by Giglamesh, techniclly.) And was still standing, he'd win.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Sephiroth is a wuss, Seifer got sliced across the face, beaten up over three times by Squall (And also by Giglamesh, techniclly.) And was still standing, he'd win.

Seppy is more powerful. Sure Seif has more endurance, but I still think Seppy will lick Seif's blood from his Muramasa. but whatever. So did Squall. Now, i think Squall might win against Seppy, seeing as how Seppy has a long, but thin blade and it might allow squall to slip in a stab or two.

Faris
11-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Anyway, this is the question that is easy for me maybe harder for others. Between Sephiroth and Seifer who would win. Personally Sephiroth is way cooler but Seifer put up a better fight against squall then Sephiroth did with Cloud. Witch either means that Cloud is way stronger then Squall or Sephiroth was just a little wuss.

ehehe Seifer would be sliced before he even knew what sephiroth looks like, o sure he can sliced Odin in half but Sephiroth is stronger.
erm that still doesn't prove that Cloud is stronger than Squall. We don't know if Squall could do what Cloud did to Sephiroth, because Squall wasn't part of the story so we don't know if he can kill sephy as easily as Cloud did.
I think that Squall and Cloud would kill Sephiroth and Seifer then each other.
again that's just my opinion

There's a story, a sequel to FFVIII and one of the main characters's name is Farris. ALthough there's an extra s, but who cares. (breaks into song)You can dance. You can dance. Everybody look at your pants. He actually comes in dring the second part to FFVIIIODB, but you have a major role! (Just think of it as you. Sheesh) you should read it. If you go to FFVIII, you'll find the first part. I suggest you read that before you read the second part if you want to so you nkow what your role is!

OOooooookaaaayyyy now i understand
i've taken a glance at it before but i thought it was really long, and it hurts my eyes to stare at a computer screen too long like that (*shrug*) I think i'll just print it out and read it :rolleyes2

Xxiawakin
11-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Ok, squalls attacks are better but remember. He's technology is two years newer than Clouds. :D

Care to share where you got the Two Years from?

kikimm
11-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Squall. He can do his limit much, much more often than Cloud, and, I could be wrong, but I do believe that Renzokuken has more hits. It'd be pretty equal, I think, but I think Squall would win. *nods*. But I could be a bit biased...eh heh.

:D

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 11:52 PM
OOooooookaaaayyyy now i understand
i've taken a glance at it before but i thought it was really long, and it hurts my eyes to stare at a computer screen too long like that (*shrug*) I think i'll just print it out and read it

When I looked over it, I thought the same thing, so what you can do is paste it on Microsoft word and then inhance the font!

I would like to know who the best team would be? I think of course Leon, oops Squall and CLoud, Zell and Tifa, Irvine and Reno would make a nice sniper team, Rinoa and (if ri-ri's powers could bring Aerith back to life) those two

dking
12-01-2004, 12:00 AM
The teams could be setup so many different ways. I have no clue who would be good together. All I know is that if cloud and squall were on a team then everybody would be blasted.

Blank
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
on that note, if Squall and Paine had a kid, that would be one badass kid. and cool looking. ever heard of the theory where Zell is Cloud and Tifa's son? whether the FFs are connected or not (another theory), Zell could definetly be considered their 'kid' in a logical and not literal way. like the creators of the game making him based on them ya know?

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah, they'd just swing thier swords and everybody else'll be too scared to move. "Zell! You're pissing your pants!" Plus, together, with Lionheart and Omnislash, the damage is ummeasurable. All we need now are all of those goddamn bahamuts

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:04 AM
The teams could be setup so many different ways. I have no clue who would be good together. All I know is that if cloud and squall we're on a team then everybody would be blasted.

obviously :rolleyes2 , everything for them would be a breeze, just a scratch would kill and normal feind *shrug*

on that note, if Squall and Paine had a kid
:eek: *slaps self* get image out of head *continues to slap self*

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
on that note, if Squall and Paine had a kid, that would be one badass kid. and cool looking. ever heard of the theory where Zell is Cloud and Tifa's son? whether the FFs are connected or not (another theory), Zell could definetly be considered their 'kid' in a logical and not literal way. like the creators of the game making him based on them ya know?

I thought and actually wrote a story on it. I was thinking that if FFVIII is years after FFVII, then why the heck not? Zell doesn't know who his parents are and he and Tif-tif both fight martial artailly:D Blonde hair from the father, passion for martial arts skills from the mother. Why not? I think that Paine and SQuall are a badass couple and thier kid...whoever ticks him/her off is gonna get it with two swords

Xxiawakin
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, they'd just swing thier swords and everybody else'll be too scared to move. "Zell! You're pissing your pants!" Plus, together, with Lionheart and Omnislash, the damage is ummeasurable. All we need now are all of those goddamn bahamuts

To hell with Materia/GF's, they'd rule with brute force, no problem.

Remnant
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Squall. I won't try to rationalize it like other people, I'll just be blunt and honest. Because I want him to win. There's no exercise in logic which can prove one or the other. (IMHO)

Why do I want him to win? Because, all else being equal, FF VIII gets underrated.

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
agree!! it's quite obvious lionhart.... ultima weapon..... slice and dice :D
oooo wer're having chopped feinds tonight :p :D

Remnant
12-01-2004, 12:11 AM
(emphasis added)

AFFIRMATIVE!

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:13 AM

ZELL! YOU"RE PISSING YOUR PANTS!

MEteor Barret+Rough Divide/fated circle= Someone's but beiong kicked.

RI-RI! NOT YOU TOO!

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Well, Yazoo'squeen said that she wanted me to post in here.. sooo.. Here I am.. *sigh* :D
Well anyway.. None of them! Not Squall! Not Cloud!
Just Sephiroth! He'll kick their ass! :love:
There you have my opinion.. Now, I wont post anymore in this thread, beacuse I know everyone will just: "Oh no, Squall is the best!" or "No! Cloud is the best" and blah blah blah.. And I dont have time arguing with you people about who is the best, so.. Bye! :D

SEPHIROTH IS THE BEST! :love:

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, Yazoo'squeen said that she wanted me to post in here.. sooo.. Here I am.. *sigh* :D
There you have my opinion.. Now, I wont post anymore in this thread, beacuse I know everyone will just: "Oh no, Squall is the best!" or "No! Cloud is the best" and blah blah blah.. And I dont have time arguing with you people about who is the best, so.. Bye! :D

There's only one way to end an argument like that!
Here childen have an icecream cone or a cookie :cookie:

Xxiawakin
12-01-2004, 12:18 AM

And you're entitled to your horribly biased opinion.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:25 AM
There are a lot of people who's reasons are biased. Just check the first page. THer'll two of them, so please sto[ ganging up on people! It's very wrong and immmiture. Please, I'd like an icecream cone and a cookie please. Seppy still kicks ass over Seif:P

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Please, I'd like an icecream cone and a cookie please.
see icecream and cooies solve everything :D
you only get one so pick :p

Seppy still kicks ass over Seif:P
didn't we all agree on that one :rolleyes2

dking
12-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Sorry but Seph wouldn't stand a chance against Cloud and Squall. You saw what happened to seph when Cloud went down and show him who was daddy? Didn't you?

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:40 AM
AYE!!!
Yazoo: MMM. Cookies and icecream. There's nothing finer. You make great cookies Faris. Here, have an autograph and a pic of my queen (as my sig)
I'd hate to say it, but Seppy wouldn't stand a chance against both of them unfortuantely. Great, now Sephirothchick will kill me :( (whimpers)

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Sorry but Seph wouldn't stand a chance against Cloud and Squall. You saw what happened to seph when Cloud went down and show him who was daddy? Didn't you?
I just had to say this.. Seph is the "badguy" and Cloud the "goodguy", and always(almost) the "goodguy" wins! They couldnt just let Seph win and let the earth go :BOOM! Right? :D

dking
12-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Ya,know I'd have to say that you have a point there. I think you won that one. :mad2: :cry:

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Ya,know I'd have to say that you have a point there. I think you won that one. :mad2: :cry:
MUHAHAH! :D :D :D

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
sorry i accidentally deleted my post :eek:
*tries to remember and re-posts*

All who agree say "aye"
AYE!!
here have a cookie :cookie:
(that's basically it :rolleyes2 )

Yazoo: MMM. Cookies and icecream. There's nothing finer. You make great cookies Faris. Here, have an autograph and a pic of my queen (as my sig)
aww thanks i knew someone would admire my cooking
don't worry i'll make sure that Sephirothchick won't kill you

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:50 AM
YAY!!!! I have protection. (glances nervously around)

Ya,know I'd have to say that you have a point there. I think you won that one.

MUHAHAH!

Don't get her started. She'll never stop! Her and Seppy can keep that up for hours!

dking
12-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Thats very nice of you, faris. Thank You.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:52 AM
*blushing*

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 12:52 AM
YAY!!!! I have protection. (glances nervously around)

Don't get her started. She'll never stop! Her and Seppy can keep that up for hours!

MUHAHAHA(laughs for 4 hours)
There Im finished now.. :D

And, do you really think anyone could protect you from me? :D
MUHAHAHAHA(laughs for another 4 hours)
And by the way.. about my laugh.. Yes, I am mad :D :tongue:

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:54 AM
MUHAHAHA(laughs for 4 hours)
There Im finished now.. :D

And, do you really think anyone could protect you from me? :D
MUHAHAHAHA(laughs for another 4 hours)
And by the way.. about my laugh.. Yes, I am mad :D :tongue:

Yes i can protect Yazoo ;) after laughing for 8 hours you'll be gasping for breath then..... in comes ME!! :D

dking
12-01-2004, 12:56 AM
I swear I just saw Seph walk past my window :eek: . I'm going to have nightmares tonight. :love: :tongue:

dking
12-01-2004, 12:58 AM
If you both fight over Yazoo'squeen then let me sit back and watch because that would be funny.

Faris
12-01-2004, 12:58 AM
I swear I just saw Seph walk past my window :eek: . I'm going to have nightmares tonight. :love: :tongue:

aww poor you. !. here have a teddy bear *gives brand new-fresh-from-the-dryer-teddy-bear (p.s. there's a warning thing-a-ma-bob in it so if you need any help...)

If you both fight over Yazoo'squeen then let me sit back and watch because that would be funny
That's only if i get beaten first ;)

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Yes i can protect Yazoo ;) after laughing for 8 hours you'll be gasping for breath then..... in comes ME!! :D

And when you get in. I'll kick you out :D
MUHAH!(laugs for 10 hours)

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:01 AM
And when you get in. I'll kick you out :D
MUHAH!(laugs for 10 hours)

O YA!!! WELL TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!! :elk: tee hee that should distract you long enough :tongue: :p :trout:

Xxiawakin
12-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh great, the thread's gone mushy, I'm out of here...

dking
12-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh, cool. I've always wanted a teddy bear. *grabs the bear and starts petting it and rubbing his face on it*

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Yes i can protect Yazoo after laughing for 8 hours you'll be gasping for breath then..... in comes ME!!

Here's my knigt! WHOO HOO! I think I'll chill with dking and watch with a fresh cake for the winner. Come on Faris! I-I-I mean Seppy'schick I-I-I mean Faris. ph what the heck! Faris, just say, "There's Tifa in a tight dress going after Seppy, that should get her attention.............:( HELP ME

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:07 AM
hey dking, can I pet the bear too?

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Here's my knigt! WHOO HOO! I think I'll chill with dking and watch with a fresh cake for the winner. Come on Faris! I-I-I mean Seppy'schick I-I-I mean Faris. ph what the heck! Faris, just say, "There's Tifa in a tight dress going after Seppy, that should get her attention.............:( HELP ME

I think dking is distracted enough with the teddy bear i gave him :rolleyes2 .
o here you need one too *gives exact same one* :D
i took selfdefence last week and i used to do matial arts (you've been warned, and no it's not a threat)

dking
12-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Thats pretty good now your done for sure. They're both going to get you now. :D

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Thats pretty good now your done for sure. They're both going to get you now. :D
I'm going to be loyal and continue to protect you two at the moment :D :D :D :D :D :D :D use the teddy bears!

dking
12-01-2004, 01:13 AM
I don't feel special anymore I had a teddy bear and everybody wanted to pet it and know she has on to. :cry:

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't feel special anymore I had a teddy bear and everybody wanted to pet it and know she has on to. :cry:

but you'res has a emergency button on the hand and her's on the ear
awww have a cookie :cookie:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm going to be loyal and continue to protect you two at the moment use the teddy bears!

#66 12-01-2004 01:13 AM
dking Join Date: Jul 2003

I don't feel special anymore I had a teddy bear and everybody wanted to pet it and know she has on to.

I'll share mine if you don't kill me and if you do, you'll have to deal with Faris.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Yes, do have a cookie. They're sooooo good. I'm going to savor mine. I'm still not halfway done!

Cecilia
12-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Nah, aint that sweet? You people are so freaky :D
Hehe, Im going now, I've won the "Sephiroth argue" so I'll leave you here to continue discuss Cloud and Squall :D
Bye, see ya'll :)

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:19 AM
bye sweetie pie! Hugs and teddy bears and cookies

dking
12-01-2004, 01:23 AM
why did you post the date I joined eyesonff. Were you looking at my profile. ;)

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Nah, aint that sweet? You people are so freaky :D
Hehe, Im going now, I've won the "Sephiroth argue" so I'll leave you here to continue discuss Cloud and Squall :D
Bye, see ya'll :)

you only think you've won....*evil laugh*
o fresh from the oven :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
why did you post the date I joined eyesonff. Were you looking at my profile.
who?

you only think you've won....*evil laugh*
o fresh from the oven

Yes. I knew ther'd be cookies! I'm going to write an extra good part for you faris!

dking
12-01-2004, 01:28 AM
nevermind, I think i'm just being retarded. Anyway, just a question, what does yazoo'squeen mean?

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:29 AM
nevermind, I think i'm just being retarded. Anyway, just a question, what does yazoo'squeen mean?

is that a rhetprical question or are you being sarcastic or...

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Yes. I knew ther'd be cookies! I'm going to write an extra good part for you faris!

for what?
meh, more cookies in 13min then i need help making more batter :D

and wer're just interested in what your name means

dking
12-01-2004, 01:33 AM
No, I mean what made you decide to pick that name for yourself. For example TogiB started Dking because thats what he always called me. I stayed the night at his house once and my hair was all over the place in the morning. So he called me Dking. My hair is long.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Don;t worry. Just know that your counterpart will have a nice scene with a huge destrucive fight in it!
More cookies! Is it christmas already?
Well, what do you think it means? I'd like to know before I tell you

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:36 AM
No, I mean what made you decide to pick that name for yourself. For example TogiB started Dking because thats what he always called me. I stayed the night at his house once and my hair was all over the place in the morning. So he called me Dking. My hair is long.

I lpve long hair! What color is it?
Well, I personally trhink Yazoo is the best!!! He's so friggin cool, him and his gunblade! He has the weaopon Squall wished he did! Um...it also has to do with a dream that I had...not appropriate for threads

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:37 AM
By the way Dking stands for Don King that might be nice to know.

nice

dking
12-01-2004, 01:39 AM
I have long Brown hair. Its some waves in it but not like really curly.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:42 AM
I have long Brown hair. Its some waves in it but not like really curly.
sexy...um...um...hehe...um

dking
12-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Hello......Did faris die or something?

dking
12-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Well, about yourself lets hear it. ;)

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Before anyone else says, this belongs as a PM, but what the hey. Black hair a little below my shoulder at the front and a little shorter in the back and at the moment, it's straight. Until I start playing and beating up the boys in my school:D anything else? Bust sizes? *just joking, Don't take that seriously) im...what were we originally talking about?

Faris
I'm getting the cookies out of the oven and if i died i would've said something
(i'm watching a show aswell so...)
:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: der have ur cookies

Dking'squeen
Hello......Did faris die or something?
OH NO Not my knite! Who'll protect me now? Well, tomorrow when Sepphy'schick gets back online

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm getting the cookies out of the oven and if i died i would've said something
(i'm watching a show aswell so...)

um...if you were dead, you wouldn't be able to contact us unless you're in secret Aerith

Faris
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
OH NO Not my knite! Who'll protect me now? Well, tomorrow when Sepphy'schick gets back online

I'M STILL HERE I JUST GOT YOU SOME COOKIES

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:50 AM
I'M STILL HERE I JUST GOT YOU SOME COOKIES
That was befoer I knew. YAY! My knite is back@ WHy don't you have some of your own wonderful creation?

dking
12-01-2004, 01:54 AM
all very good points by you two. By the way faris for one I want a cookie and two what show are you watching?

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 01:56 AM
It must be good...I'm stuck here with gilmore girls and one tree hill

dking
12-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Alright, now i'm completly lost. Whats going on?

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:07 AM
how'd you get lost? we only went up the block?

dking
12-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Ha Ha very funny. Your just crackin the jokes tonight aren't you. :mad:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Cracking them like a fortune cookie:D

Auronhart
12-01-2004, 02:17 AM
This thread has become completely random. Getting back to the original question, if we were talking about using their battle systems, Squall would win and the reason is the following. (we will assume they cannot kill each other without hitting at least 5 times which is reasonable (otherwise it is just who gets their turn first)) As long as cloud does not start with his limit break (which would be just unfair) or have knights of the round (and squall does not start with eden, which would be about the same deal) then Squall must in order to get his limit break either: 1. reduce his hp (he can still survive one attack from cloud) or 2. use aura. Squall would simply not attack Cloud (cloud would not be able to power omnislash) and prepare his limit break and then finish him with a couple powerful renzokukens. Plus, if both had high vitality, and Squall had meltdown, it would be an easy fight for Squall. Otherwise I just think Squall has a much stronger personality than Cloud and would crush him in a battle of wills.
EDIT:
Anyone could beat the Sephiroth at the end. One counter..give me a break.

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:20 AM
thank you for getting us back on track there buddy. That could've gone on forever

dking
12-01-2004, 02:21 AM
I completly agree!

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:22 AM
This thread has become completely random. Getting back to the original question, if we were talking about using their battle systems, Squall would win and the reason is the following. (we will assume they cannot kill each other without hitting at least 5 times which is reasonable (otherwise it is just who gets their turn first)) As long as cloud does not start with his limit break (which would be just unfair) or have knights of the round (and squall does not start with eden, which would be about the same deal) then Squall must in order to get his limit break either: 1. reduce his hp (he can still survive one attack from cloud) or 2. use aura. Squall would simply not attack Cloud (cloud would not be able to power omnislash) and prepare his limit break and then finish him with a couple powerful renzokukens. Plus, if both had high vitality, and Squall had meltdown, it would be an easy fight for Squall. Otherwise I just think Squall has a much stronger personality than Cloud and would crush him in a battle of wills.

Well friggin' said. If I still can, I;mma nomibate you:D:D:D:D:D Well, I couldn't have said it better...okay?

dking
12-01-2004, 02:31 AM
good night everybody. :love: :cool:

Faris
12-01-2004, 02:33 AM
That was befoer I knew. YAY! My knite is back@ WHy don't you have some of your own wonderful creation?
yes :D *gives self a cookie*

two what show are you watching?
Inuyasha

yes and now let the arguments over who is better begin....again :rolleyes2
i agree with Auronhart, ya that's probably the way the battle would be too :D

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:39 AM
Inuyasha

Love inuyasha and Seesho, and Koga and Miroku.
Inuyasha vs Squall

Faris
12-01-2004, 02:47 AM
Love inuyasha and Seesho, and Koga and Miroku.
Inuyasha vs Squall
:laugh:
and Kogome vs. Rinoa or Tifa

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Kikyou could beat Ri-ri and Tifa with her serpent spririt thingies. They don't even need a full name!
Koga vs Zell?

Faris
12-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Kikyou could beat Ri-ri and Tifa with her serpent spririt thingies. They don't even need a full name!
Koga vs Zell?
i havn't watched the show long enough to know who that is :laughing:
o, well time for me to logg off :( byebye
(go Squall and Cloud :D )

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 02:54 AM
BYE my KNITE!!!

Remnant
12-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Koga is annoying. Zell wins.

Gaaa!!! You made me reply to a wandering pointless thread!

Well, that's what you get for burying my clever Fujin/Rajin reference in a matter of minutes with a series of arbitrary posts. :tongue:

Xxiawakin
12-01-2004, 03:22 AM
Knight*

Auronhart
12-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Well friggin' said. If I still can, I;mma nomibate you Well, I couldn't have said it better...okay?

Gaaa!!! You made me reply to a wandering pointless thread!
:lol:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Knight*

I know. Knight night, but no knite. I knew that...seriously
Like easter bunny=eater bunny

Dark Ekonis
12-01-2004, 02:53 PM
IMO I think Squall would level Sepheroth in a round, while it might take two to level Cloud, If for instance Seifer and Sepheroth Ganged up on Squall, I still think Squall would win, Now if Seifer, Cloud and sepheroth all Ganged up on Squall, now we have a challenge and it would be close, I think that Seifer and sepheroth would get the "smack Down" and cloud with his last breath would finish Squall, that would be the only way that Cloud would ever even dream of beating Squall.

Faris
12-01-2004, 08:53 PM
BYE my KNITE!!!
I'm baaaaccccckkkkk
:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I know. Knight night, but no knite. I knew that...seriously
Like easter bunny=eater bunny
yes i'll like to eater some of that chocolate bunny :p

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 08:55 PM
yes i'll like to eater some of that chocolate bunny
bunnies and cookies go well together my knite...

KNITE, that's right, I spelled it wrong

Well, I had this dream that squall and cloud were fighting because I was thinking about it last night. Well, just before the outcome was decided, Seifer comes in, says, "Hey there sexy" to both sweaty and bloody men and then kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Faris
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
bunnies and cookies go well together my knite...

KNITE, that's right, I spelled it wrong

Well, I had this dream that squall and cloud were fighting because I was thinking about it last night. Well, just before the outcome was decided, Seifer comes in, says, "Hey there sexy" to both sweaty and bloody men and then kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
yes they do *gets all hyper* :hyper:
tee hee i'm The KNITE not the kinght :p :D :D
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: damn you Seifer damn you

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Seifer knew/knows that if Squall had been at his right state and not hrt, he would have put a beating on him. Like, if Seifer hadn't cheated and use magic, Squall would have won.

Dark Ekonis
12-01-2004, 09:43 PM
squall did do a last hit on seifer causing his scar, before the introductory scene finished

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 09:47 PM
squall did do a last hit on seifer causing his scar, before the introductory scene finished

Yeah, take that seifer! Hah, I get last chops, last laugh and the girl. How 'bout them apples? But still, seiffy couldn't win without cheating I say.

Blitzballplayer1
12-02-2004, 04:58 AM
Squall qould totally win, i mean, he gets so many hits in lioheart compared to omnislash, plus if squall got slashed in the face with a gunblade, he would b fearless agaisnt cloud.
the griever is stronger then he looks

blue_midget192
12-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Squall no contest :) Squall=Uber

black shadow
12-03-2004, 01:19 AM
somethings been troubling me- it may not be directly related to the post, but who would win- cid highwind from ff7 or zell? i have not gotten cid in my party yet, so i dont know how good he is.

Dking'squeen
12-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Cid's good, real nice nd a fluent life saver in my book, but I think Zell might kick ass for the simple fact that he kicks ass. but down to statistics and stuff, Cid has a longer reach than Zell and could either hit Zell from afar or keep him at a distance

Auronhart
12-03-2004, 06:07 AM
Cid's good, real nice nd a fluent life saver in my book, but I think Zell might kick ass for the simple fact that he kicks ass. but down to statistics and stuff, Cid has a longer reach than Zell and could either hit Zell from afar or keep him at a distance
Zell, no question. His limit break is unstoppable. (quite a bit stronger than lionheart if you use armageddon fist with a strong Zell) For FF7, Cid is the second most powerful character (Cloud is the strongest). Vincent can be powerful if you power up death penalty, but he has annoying limits... :( .

Rand Al'Tor
12-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Hmm... considering their background. SPOILER WARNING

Cloud has failed getting into SOLDIER. Also, he doens't have that much experience with the Buster Sword, as he just took it after Zack died. Squall on the other hand is one of the best students of his year in SeeD.

HOWEVER...

Cloud has had his strength beefed by the Mako treatment, so while he doesn't have the TRAINING to be a SOLDIER, he does have their power, at least enough to fool people (and himself) into believeing he is.

So it ends up being Strength (Cloud) VS Skill (Squall) I might give Cloud the edge in a simple one on one , fight till someone dropsbattle. However, once we're talking a more tactical battle (get somewhere first, steal something, protect someone) Squall's training will give him the egde.

As to Seifer and Sephiroth. Seifer is a washed out SeeD (more for reasons of discipline than comeptence in battle but hey...) while Sephiroth is a 'treated' and experienced soldier. Advantadge Sephiroth. However, Sephiroth has a nasty case of 'not killing or even imprisoning your enemies while you can' and Seifer on the other hand is stubborn. Smack him down and he'll bounce right back a minute later. Just too damn stubborn to give up. Likely the General gets bored and decapitates the Knight at a certain time, but me liking Seifer I'm hoping Sephiroth just keeps tempting fate till the Hyperion-wielder tastes victory.

Dking'squeen
12-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Zell, no question. His limit break is unstoppable. (quite a bit stronger than lionheart if you use armageddon fist with a strong Zell) For FF7, Cid is the second most powerful character (Cloud is the strongest). Vincent can be powerful if you power up death penalty, but he has annoying limits... .

I never used Armeggadon fist for the fact that I didn't know about it or have been using My Final Heaven or whatever it's called. (Haven't played in a while, badbad me)

So it ends up being Strength (Cloud) VS Skill (Squall) I might give Cloud the edge in a simple one on one , fight till someone dropsbattle. However, once we're talking a more tactical battle (get somewhere first, steal something, protect someone) Squall's training will give him the egde.

Witht the strength vs skill thing, I shoose skill over shtrength, so in the Leonhart's corner on this one. I think it's nothing to have power if you don't have the SKILL to put in good use. Just like if I had to choose, I'd choose speed and agility over pure strength. Sure, one hit could knock me out, but that's only IF you hit me, right?

(me dancing) can't touch this.............can't touch this.... :D

Auronhart
12-04-2004, 02:32 AM
I never used Armeggadon fist for the fact that I didn't know about it or have been using My Final Heaven or whatever it's called. (Haven't played in a while, badbad me)
Armageddon fist refers to doing the punch rush/booya combo over and over. (you can get in a lot of hits because you know what is coming up and those two are really easy to do) Some people use heel drop/booya, but punch rush is much easier to do and while it does a little less damage, it is pretty easy to do it twice as fast as heel drop. (in my experience anyways)(my record so far for a punch rush is 0.03 seconds)

Dking'squeen
12-04-2004, 02:33 AM
thanks. PR-booya-pR-booya, how many times?

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Please remember these rules when posting:

1. No double posting. Use edit/delete instead.

2. Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.

I like Cloud better, but I'm not sure who would win in a street fight.

Auronhart
12-04-2004, 11:53 PM
thanks. PR-booya-pR-booya, how many times?
in a twelve second duel you can do the combo 40 times (this isn't exactly easy though). 30 times is more realistic for most people. (60 attacks) With max luck and strength, I'm pretty sure Zell can do 9999 with these attacks as well. It takes some practice to get to 30 combos and quite a lot to get to 40.

2. Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.
Ok, hopefully this topic will stop wandering soon.

Dking'squeen
12-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.

How long have we been off topic?
Why does that seem to happen when I post? What a strnge thing to happen...(About to take post off subject but stops) hehe

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
How long have we been off topic?
Too long. Read the title and first post when you reply. If what you are going to say doesn't have anything to do with that subject, then don't reply. Thanks.

Dking'squeen
12-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Too long. Read the title and first post when you reply. If what you are going to say doesn't have anything to do with that subject, then don't reply. Thanks.
Gotcha

FFVIII Fan
12-06-2004, 10:53 PM
obviously :rolleyes2 , everything for them would be a breeze, just a scratch would kill and normal feind *shrug*

:eek: *slaps self* get image out of head *continues to slap self*

forget squall and cloud, what about sephiroth vs omega weapon! his masamune against omegas ultimate weapon.

Faris
12-06-2004, 11:00 PM
forget squall and cloud, what about sephiroth vs omega weapon! his masamune against omegas ultimate weapon.

-scene-:
Sephiroth: HAHAHA!! i will kill you
Omega: HAHAHA No you won't i will blow you to bits!!!
Sephiroth: BRING IT ON!!!!!
Omega: Fine....(what an idiot :rolleyes2 ) *fires the thing that does 9998 damage*
*STOMP* ewww now i got another dude stuck to my foot :mad:

:p that's what could happen!

:cookie:

Dking'squeen
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Or maybe it'll go a little something like this

Seppy: You're challenging me?
Omega: OOOOH Yeah
Seppy: Bring it on!
Omega: (Starts his attack when Cloud comes in)
Cloud: Hey, what about me? I thought I was gonna beat you up
Seppy: (Sighs) For the love of meteors Cloud, must you?
Cloud: It's just that Nanaki is getting very irritated and is beginning to use Barret as a scratching post
(Omega weapon, annoyed, blows everything to bits and ancidentally blows himself up)
Seppy: Take that! You're so stupid you blew yourself up! (Laughs evilly for ten hours)
Cloud: Now you'll deal with us!
(Cloud and company defeat Seppy)

Well, Seppy vs Omega is kind of like...I don't know. Maybe Seppy couldn't win, but then again, Squall could...but Squall was stronger...Go Omega weapon...(nervous glance towards RSLchick)

seraphcloud
12-08-2004, 09:56 PM
TO MUCH GOT DAMN DAMAGE IF THEY DO FIGHT THEYE'R FREAKIN IDIOTS

Faris
12-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Or maybe it'll go a little something like this

Seppy: You're challenging me?
Omega: OOOOH Yeah
Seppy: Bring it on!
Omega: (Starts his attack when Cloud comes in)
Cloud: Hey, what about me? I thought I was gonna beat you up
Seppy: (Sighs) For the love of meteors Cloud, must you?
Cloud: It's just that Nanaki is getting very irritated and is beginning to use Barret as a scratching post
(Omega weapon, annoyed, blows everything to bits and ancidentally blows himself up)
Seppy: Take that! You're so stupid you blew yourself up! (Laughs evilly for ten hours)
Cloud: Now you'll deal with us!
(Cloud and company defeat Seppy)

Well, Seppy vs Omega is kind of like...I don't know. Maybe Seppy couldn't win, but then again, Squall could...but Squall was stronger...Go Omega weapon...(nervous glance towards RSLchick)
OR.....
sephy: i'm gonna KILL YOU
Omga: not another one *hands a bomb to sephy* could you hold this for a momment i'll be right back
Sephy: *who i a little confused* wtf
*omega leaves room*
SFX: BBBOOOOMMMM!!!!
*omega looks back into the room*
omega: pitty it's like all the other ones.... *omega is soon depressed because he has no friends*

ljkkjlcm9
12-08-2004, 10:54 PM
sheesh, this is kinda a stupid topic, for many, many reasons, and also because you can't really speculate about it.

Firstly, Sephiroth is not better than Cloud, nor can he ever be, Sephiroth is worse than every character you can have in your party. Seriously think about it, any character can do 9999, he can't do that or he'd kill you one hit, just the fact that he's not on your team means he is weaker, more health, but everything else weaker.

Seifer works the same way.

Now as for Cloud vs. Squall, i c no point in arguing it. Someone said GFs versus Materia, well i think it's obvious there. Materia decreases some stats and raises others, while GFs are only used to help your characters, so obviously GFs in FFVIII are better for the characters than the materia is.

Squall vs. Cloud... sheesh this is funny, why were these the two chosen characters out of every single FF game ever made?

I mean honestly... oh and by the way for all you Sephiroth Fans, KEFKA was the best enemy, he was just crazy cool, and his song, and his laugh, yeah he was crazy, I mean he changed the entire world, just damn crazy.

SO as for the topic of cloud vs. Squall, obviously you're gonna have them both at their best, and it's easier to max stats in FFVIII than in FFVII though I did in both. Obviously they're gonna have their best weapons, and obviously they're gonna have their best materia/GF.

But honestly people, if you're just going with limit breaks, I do think Lion Heart is better, but when Cloud does a limit break, you know he'll do Omnislash, when Squall does, it's random, and he may never actually do it, so by limit break alone, Cloud is better for the actual move, Squall is better because he can use it more often... and in FFVIII Squall's gunblade actually ends up hurting him... If you ever max stats with everyone... everyone doess 9999 no matter what, and he only does it with correct triggering, so, in that way it hurts him... personally I think Squall was a cooler character and liked his development better than Cloud's. Cloud is what he is because someone made him that way, Squall is what he is because he pushed himself to that point, he fought for it, and he earned it. Squall is by far a cooler main character, but sadly thinking about it, if for some random reason they fought automatically using their best attacks completely maxed out, they'd each do 1 damage a hit, honestly. They'd both do 1 damage roughly cause strength 255 and defense 255, so yeah. I mean when I maxed stats even Sephiroth was only doing a few hundred and Ultimicea was as well, in fact, Omega weapon couldn't hurt me enough in FFVIII and Ruby and Emerald couldn't in FFVII

Lyndiny 1445 4eva
12-08-2004, 11:06 PM
now dat was a decent bloody reply 2 right m8 u hav gd points, but theyd never fight coz dar both gd but hey its summin 2 tlk about. personaly i think squall would win if they could do what they want coz i meanclouds all slash slash look at me i hav a sword da size of me an squall would be out smarting him and hitting with sum powerful hits so.... u no lol :p

Auronhart
12-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Omega weapon couldn't hurt me enough in FFVIII
He still can hurt you with maxed stats. Terra break still would wipe your entire party out without protect. With protect it would just kill at least one character and waste the others. You can still recover from it fairly easily, but it still crushes quite a bit. (unless you use defend) He is easy to kill with a maxed stats party, but you won't survive long if you just leave your characters in a battle with him.

Devourment
12-09-2004, 09:55 AM
I would say Squall for his Mecenary attitude, his solitary being, his f*** you attitude, & his desire to not rely on other people & let other people rely on him. That is exactaly like me!!

ljkkjlcm9
12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
He still can hurt you with maxed stats. Terra break still would wipe your entire party out without protect. With protect it would just kill at least one character and waste the others. You can still recover from it fairly easily, but it still crushes quite a bit. (unless you use defend) He is easy to kill with a maxed stats party, but you won't survive long if you just leave your characters in a battle with him.

Uhm he can't hurt you much when you maxed stats by devouring and are still at a very low level... just so you know...
oh right, and auto-protect

Auronhart
12-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Uhm he can't hurt you much when you maxed stats by devouring and are still at a very low level... just so you know...
oh right, and auto-protect
No, he is always level 100 in the PS version. Being low level won't save you.

Destination0
12-14-2004, 12:24 AM
oh this is a never ending question
omnislash vs lionheart...
I prefer lionheart

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 04:37 AM
If Squall was level 100 Cloud could just beat him with Lvl 5 Doom!

Auronhart
12-18-2004, 07:50 AM
If Squall was level 100 Cloud could just beat him with Lvl 5 Doom!
Unless I am getting really confused, I think there is only a Level 5 Death in FF7, not Doom. (death used to be called doom in earlier FF's, but they are not the same thing anymore) If it is level 5 death, Squall can be immune to it. (just junction Death to status def (Omega weapon uses this)) If there is actually a level 5 doom, then I will agree that if Squall cannot kill Cloud fast enough, (and using a pocketstation to get Ribbon for Squall was not an option) then cloud would win. The funny thing is, that Cloud could probably succeed in giving himself a 50% chance of winning. All he has to do is use roulette. (which I don't think either of them can be immune to)
P.S. Welcome back Del Murder! We missed your habit of closing pointless threads. :D

novarta
12-18-2004, 04:07 PM
if they would fight and they had all stats as high as they can be, they couldn´t maybe hurt each other, because isn`t that so if the vitality and all defense helpping stats of character is 255 he can not be wounded or hurted anyway.

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 04:53 PM
I interchange Death and Doom to mean the same thing, which, of course, they don't. So S-Def-J would work.

What if Cloud used Sneak Attack + KotR. No defense for that one!

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 06:23 PM
I think I will vote Squall....that's just because at first...before he met Rinoa...he was a very serious person....even after he met rinoa...he still is....but slowly he changes his personality....Anyway...I voted Squall all the way!!

fuuijinmon zell
12-31-2004, 05:41 AM
Cloud has the big sword.
Yet Squall's is long distance.
Cloud could block it with his sword.
But Cloud wouldn't have much of an offense.
Squall would be faster sinse his Gunblade is smaller.
Squall most likely

Iridant
01-02-2005, 03:47 AM
In terms of battle, Squall would win b/c he is overall a bit weaker than cloud, yet much faster. Cloud wouldn't be able to hit him and Squall would quickly gain an upper hand as cloud tires from lifting a three-hundred lb swd. Ok it's not really that heavy, but you get my point. Oh, and Squall can also :shoot: Cloud's balls off :beer:
In terms of coolness, Squall would win again b/c, first of all, VIII was better than VII and the storyline had way more character development in Squall than Cloud. And is Cloud like, the ONLY main char guy in a FF that didn't die instead of his girlfriend? Weakness :twak:

Sweet Beloved
01-02-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm going fer Squall. But you guys do make this hard. As fer Cid and Zell. One easy word=Zell. Duh, everyone should know I'd vote fer him. But Cid is my fave on FF7.

Naughty Tifa
01-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmm...I'm suprised that more people voted for Squall rather than Cloud. Well, here's my two cents.

I won't include the part about maxing out your stats in both games, as they both had a different system, so you really can't compare them. Now, if you judge based soley on weapons, I think Cloud takes the cake. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I think that Cloud really has no trouble swinging his sword at all for a long period of time, plus he has a bigger sword, and he's much faster than Squall. I know this is AU and everything, but take KH as an example. Who was harder to beat? Squall or Cloud? Cloud of course, he was much better with his attacks.

I just wanted to point that out...But hey, ultimetely, we'll never know, because they both come from two seperate universes. But if there was a choice I'd say Cloud. Much stronger. No doubt. There's no contest... :love:

SorceressMemorial
01-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Squall, no doubt. In my eyes, superior to all the other main characters in FF.

Auronhart
01-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I won't include the part about maxing out your stats in both games, as they both had a different system, so you really can't compare them. Now, if you judge based soley on weapons, I think Cloud takes the cake. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I think that Cloud really has no trouble swinging his sword at all for a long period of time, plus he has a bigger sword, and he's much faster than Squall. I know this is AU and everything, but take KH as an example. Who was harder to beat? Squall or Cloud? Cloud of course, he was much better with his attacks.
Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it :D) Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd. (Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)
If you don't want to go on the battle system, then you have to take all this stuff into account=Cloud still loses.

Squall, no doubt. In my eyes, superior to all the other main characters in FF.
Exactly. In all the FF characters, only Auron is comparable with him in my eyes.

Dking'squeen
01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it :D) Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd. (Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)
If you don't want to go on the battle system, then you have to take all this stuff into account=Cloud still loses.

Auronhart, did you ever know that your my hero?
I had wanted to say something about it, but I couldn't put it into something logical

I still say that Squall would win
I say he's faster
If 7 and 8 had the characters attacking at the same time, Clous would be slower than Squall. And although not all of Cloud's swords are as large as the Buster Sword, they still be large enough to slow down CLoud's movements and give Squall and advantage

finalheaven
01-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Cloud may be slower..but i recon hes much more experienced ..and he knows how to control his buster sword..but like everyone said bofore...omislash v lion heart...hm..well in lion heart..he does hit it more times....doesnt he??i cant remember....but so wat if cloud is slower?? squall would knock off is buster sword..and cloud would have another one ready..like in the trailer...and swoosh....sorry squall..we love u..but i think this goes to cloud ^_^

Naughty Tifa
01-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the Spoiler: oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it )

Umm, so what? Squall didn't have someone inside of his head telling him what to do all the time, while Cloud did. He was also infused with Mako, and he was also an ordinary human, yet he lived through it. Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer...That's what I call a wimp. So what if he went through military training, Cloud was a puny little Shinra guard, yet he took Zack's memories and his sword, and then became something else. But he was still himself, anyways.

Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd.

And how do you know this? Do you work at Square? *bites* Honestly...what I think is that they wanted to show how great Cloud was. He's more agile whether j00 like it or not. :love:

(Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)

Cloud=winna! Bigger sword and agility=teh sex

Pwned! :cool:

Dark Ekonis
01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
squal kicked the crap outa Seifer throughout the game. The intro fight Seifer cheated, and Squal still got in a finishing blow before he went down, and the rest of the battles squal won, well he had to or it was game over. I pick Squal because he is more agile and trained, Cloud is a very rounded fighter, but he is no Squall.

Macp
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Squall would win.
Think of this. What is stronger of these ?
1-Omnislash
or
2-Renzokuken+Lionheart

finalheaven
01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
ok soo if wree gonna look into their limit breaks.....squall uses his limit break when his gp is at critrical..but cloud uses his when he is damaged a certain amount .reguardless of his Hp. how about their other limit breaks!?!we cant just look apon limti break against limit break..its abotut their skills as fighters. i recon cloud as he is more experienced as a fighter and he is mentally stronger...he knew spehy was still alive in the end before he unleashed his omislash but squall ..rememmber when he beat ultimica..he couldnt find his way back with out the help of rinoa.. also cloud has been through more weird states..like in a wheelchair and when he couldnt find out who he was ..he nearly went mad..but he survived. aswell as the mako ..hes stronger then zack..but spehy underestimated him.this one goes to cloud ^_^

Dark Ekonis
01-03-2005, 09:28 PM
with out Tifa, Cloud wouldn't have made it out of the Crater, so Rinoa helping Squall doesn't make Squall weaker.

Auronhart
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
mm, so what? Squall didn't have someone inside of his head telling him what to do all the time, while Cloud did. He was also infused with Mako, and he was also an ordinary human, yet he lived through it. Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer...That's what I call a wimp. So what if he went through military training, Cloud was a puny little Shinra guard, yet he took Zack's memories and his sword, and then became something else. But he was still himself, anyways.
A wimp is not someone who gets hurt at some point. (especially when his opponent cheats) A wimp is either a person who is physically weak (Squall does not fit in this category because Seifer does not fit in this category) or someone who just lets their emotions, fear (you notice Squall just gets up and uses rough divide on Seifer) or others control them. (different types of weaknesses) Look in the FF7 script, Cloud says "The combination of Jenova cells, Sephiroth's strong will and my own weakness are what created me.".

And how do you know this? Do you work at Square? *bites* Honestly...what I think is that they wanted to show how great Cloud was. He's more agile whether j00 like it or not.
The facts I put there are correct (1. all FF7 characters move fast and 2. earlier FF animations were short) whether you choose to ignore them or not is entirely up to you.

Cloud=winna! Bigger sword and agility=teh sex
Pwned!
Whatever.

he knew spehy was still alive in the end before he unleashed his omislash but squall ..rememmber when he beat ultimica..he couldnt find his way back with out the help of rinoa..
Irrelevant, in the time compressed world the rules were changed. The only reason Squall could not make it back on his own is because no one could make it back on their own in time compression. (he got lost and then when no one responded, he started to believe he was alone) As for cloud, it was obvious that Sephiroth was still around, because he was being "called". (plus that doesn't tell us anything about whether he was a wimp or not)

with out Tifa, Cloud wouldn't have made it out of the Crater, so Rinoa helping Squall doesn't make Squall weaker.
Good point.

Trumpet Thief
01-03-2005, 10:37 PM
chaos: How about this? Squall & Cloud, realizing how there are already so many threads created about them, bask in their glory, and eventually come to a draw, riding their chocobos off into the distance.

THE END

finalheaven
01-04-2005, 04:48 PM
yep..thats sounds nice to me...^_^sorted??.......

Naughty Tifa
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh come off it! You can't really say that Squall is better and claim it as fact just because of his "godly" limit break. Cloud has a bigger sword. He has mako in his blood. Therefore he wins.

:rolleyes2

Squall has a small sword. And he doesn't move as fast as Cloud. Cloud is obviously stronger seeying as how he can weild a gigantic weapen withought getting tired too quick. He isn't weak. That's a joke. Squall is weaker, if HE tried to pick up Cloud's buster sword, he would have a lot of trouble doing so. Guaranteed. ;)

Quistis Trepe
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Is this topic not a bit biased towars Squall since it's in the FFVIII forum of all places? Well, I vote Squall because I don't like Cloud. But since that doesn't matter in a fight...
It doesn't matter who wins, but you have to hand it to Squall for being a main male that doesn't have suped up super powers and can take on a Mako-induced... I'd say moron, but others would find that offensive.

Squall is weaker, if HE tried to pick up Cloud's buster sword, he would have a lot of trouble doing so. Guaranteed.

That depends if they're made of the same material or not. The gunblade could have a lot of excess that weighs it down to be just as heavy as the buster sword, or the buster sword could be made of a lighter material. A shotgun is heavier than a sword of the same size. So who's to say a gunblade wouldn't be the same weight as a big-ass sword?

Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer

And then later Seifer got his ass kicked by Squall. I don't see your logic. Would the two, Cloud and Squall, be facing eachother if they had only the strength available at the beginning of their respective games?

rubah
01-05-2005, 11:42 PM
squall doesn't have a *sword* though:)

it's a *gunblade* however lame the name may be:)

If necessary, he could always back away from the fight and start taking potshots from a distance. I'm sure it'd be very capable of it.

(And of course we're biased-- squall is just that cool:))

Naughty Tifa
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Is this topic not a bit biased towars Squall since it's in the FFVIII forum of all places? Well, I vote Squall because I don't like Cloud. But since that doesn't matter in a fight...
It doesn't matter who wins, but you have to hand it to Squall for being a main male that doesn't have suped up super powers and can take on a Mako-induced... I'd say moron, but others would find that offensive.

Cloud doesn't have superpowers...He was injected with mako, which could have been LETHAL, but he survived it.

That depends if they're made of the same material or not. The gunblade could have a lot of excess that weighs it down to be just as heavy as the buster sword, or the buster sword could be made of a lighter material. A shotgun is heavier than a sword of the same size. So who's to say a gunblade wouldn't be the same weight as a big-ass sword?

Not really...The bustersword is made of pure metal, obviously. It's bigger, therefore it's heavier.

And then later Seifer got his ass kicked by Squall. I don't see your logic. Would the two, Cloud and Squall, be facing eachother if they had only the strength available at the beginning of their respective games?

Yeah, but difference is as that Cloud won against Sephiroth in all of their encounters.

But anyway, in logical terms, I'm just saying, it would be more LOGICAL to say that Cloud would win. He's more pumped up than Squall is. More warrior-like. Squall hasn't had as much expirience as Cloud had. Not to mention all the emotional trauma Cloud had to go through.

Shoden
01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Squall would kick clouds arse bad Clouds armour and weapon would slow him down plus his attacks are too basic you see Squall has had the training of military since he joined Balamb Garden he has fought sorceressess the Gunblade can be held in one hand so squall can fire magic then follow up with an attack the Buster maybe big but if you look its quite thin so it will shatter with a few attacks from squall then cloud will hurt squall. Squall uses Renzokuken + Lionheart Cloud gets defeated. Squall can use Renzokuken a few times in a row and the junction system allows elemental based attacking and defense so clouds magic is useless whilst squall casts meltdown on clouds sword so its crap. Cloud is very basic and predictable he has more strength than squall less speed and vitality though so Squall will win cloud easilly with a few combos with the trigger command shattering all of clouds swords making him defensless.

The Mafia is after me!!!!!

blue_midget192
01-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Not really...The bustersword is made of pure metal, obviously. It's bigger, therefore it's heavier.

how is that so? :confused: just because it has a larger size, doe not mean it has a larger mass.

Squall would kick clouds arse bad Clouds armour and weapon would slow him down plus his attacks are too basic you see Squall has had the training of military since he joined Balamb Garden he has fought sorceressess the Gunblade can be held in one hand so squall can fire magic then follow up with an attack the Buster maybe big but if you look its quite thin so it will shatter with a few attacks from squall then cloud will hurt squall. Squall uses Renzokuken + Lionheart Cloud gets defeated. Squall can use Renzokuken a few times in a row and the junction system allows elemental based attacking and defense so clouds magic is useless whilst squall casts meltdown on clouds sword so its crap. Cloud is very basic and predictable he has more strength than squall less speed and vitality though so Squall will win cloud easilly with a few combos with the trigger command shattering all of clouds swords making him defensless.

The Mafia is after me!!!!!

ok please, less coffee, and more commas. Please.

rubah
01-08-2005, 04:25 AM
It's not obvious that the buster sword is solid.

Not unless you have x-ray vision. which I know I don't:)

and blue midget is right-- volume!= mass!=density

meltdown lowers strength? I thought it just killed vitality. and how exactly does using the trigger with squall's gunblade break weapons?

but anyways, yay squall.

Dking'squeen
01-08-2005, 04:36 AM
and how exactly does using the trigger with squall's gunblade break weapons?

When you use the trigger it helps up critical attacks, allowing more damage to the enemy

qwerto
01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I would say Squall. FFVIII has monsters a little bit harder to beat than FFVII. But its mainly all on luck and we may never find out. Unless square releases a game with every single FF character(very low chance of that). Or if someone morphed the games together...?

It would be a even match even though the results can't be told.

Shoden
01-08-2005, 01:50 PM
well some of the Bosses on FF8 are really difficult Imagine having to beat Ultima Weapon ff8 Emerlad weapon ff7 Omega weapon ff8 Ultimecia ff8 and Sephiroth ff7 in one battle

Naughty Tifa
01-08-2005, 06:46 PM
It's not obvious that the buster sword is solid.

Umm...what?

http://jrpg.gry-online.pl/inne/ff7ac/ff7ac13.jpg

http://digilander.libero.it/selphietill/img_ff8/Squall_gunblade.gif

Sorry, but it's common sense...

Auronhart
01-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Yeah, but difference is as that Cloud won against Sephiroth in all of their encounters.
Cloud's first "encounter" with Sephiroth was not a fight. Simple. It was obvious that if it has been a regular fight at that point in the game, Sephiroth would have ripped Cloud apart.

As people have said, density=mass/volume, Squall's gunblade could easily be made of a more dense metal.

But anyway, in logical terms, I'm just saying, it would be more LOGICAL to say that Cloud would win.
Don't bring logic into the picture, because the following are just opinions.

He's more pumped up than Squall is.

More warrior-like.
Logical arguments only follow from facts not opinions, (or opinions which everyone agrees on) many people, including myself, disagree with both of these, which makes them opinions.

Squall hasn't had as much expirience as Cloud had.
What experience did Cloud have, being a soldier in the Shinra army who couldn't even make it into Soldier? Squall has been training since he was young to be a fighter.

Not to mention all the emotional trauma Cloud had to go through.
His response to the emotional trauma/mako/Jenova cell injection only shows that he was weaker than other people in the game, (who took similar abuse and came out fine) it doesn't give him any advantage over any other character.

Naughty Tifa
01-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Cloud's first "encounter" with Sephiroth was not a fight. Simple. It was obvious that if it has been a regular fight at that point in the game, Sephiroth would have ripped Cloud apart.

What are you talking about? Cloud got stabbed from Sephiroth's sword in the mako reactor, and in his rage, threw Sephiroth over the edge. WHILE he was still being stabbed through, might I add. Squall's a wimp who got flung back in the beginning of the game when Seifer flung a fireball at him. *snort*

As people have said, density=mass/volume, Squall's gunblade could easily be made of a more dense metal.

Now that's just getting desperate... :D Cloud's sword is MUCH bigger than Squall's. A gun is easier to pick up than a sword that big...

Don't bring logic into the picture, because the following are just opinions.

Logical arguments only follow from facts not opinions, (or opinions which everyone agrees on) many people, including myself, disagree with both of these, which makes them opinions.

I know what logic is. ;)

What experience did Cloud have, being a soldier in the Shinra army who couldn't even make it into Soldier? Squall has been training since he was young to be a fighter.

Itdoesn't matter. Who cares if Squall was trained longer than Cloud? He's still an "ordinary" human. Cloud was supposedly weaker than Zack, yet he defeated the great general, Sephiroth. Although it is never explained HOW he did it. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Cloud is STRONG.

ponse to the emotional trauma/mako/Jenova cell injection only shows that he was weaker than other people in the game, (who took similar abuse and came out fine) it doesn't give him any advantage over any other character.

What? When was it ever shown in the game that Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Nanaki....ect....Were bullied as children, failed to make it into SOLDIER, deemed as a failed experiment, get mako poisening and survive, and have someone controlling their mind all the time, eh?

*whistles*

Fun fun fun.

*kicks Squall and sticks tounge out*

DaggerFlux
01-09-2005, 09:02 PM
i liked squall better.

dunno why

Craig
01-09-2005, 10:32 PM
How about this for an argument, SOLDIER vs SeeD

Dking'squeen
01-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Soldiers like Seeds because they can plant them and make pretty flowers and become little pansies

Auronhart
01-10-2005, 01:27 AM
What are you talking about? Cloud got stabbed from Sephiroth's sword in the mako reactor, and in his rage, threw Sephiroth over the edge. WHILE he was still being stabbed through, might I add. Squall's a wimp who got flung back in the beginning of the game when Seifer flung a fireball at him. *snort*

Now that's just getting desperate... Cloud's sword is MUCH bigger than Squall's. A gun is easier to pick up than a sword that big...
Gunblade is not a gun. Whatever the case as I've explained before, the speed issue is not transferrable between the two games, so Cloud's weapon could easily take him longer to swing then Squall's. The other issue is that you don't know whether Squall was strong enough to have used Cloud's blade (which by a Physics perspective is about the stupidest weapon in the world) or whether it would have mattered if he could.

Itdoesn't matter. Who cares if Squall was trained longer than Cloud? He's still an "ordinary" human. Cloud was supposedly weaker than Zack, yet he defeated the great general, Sephiroth. Although it is never explained HOW he did it. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Cloud is STRONG.
First of all, STRONG is not a relative term, so it cannot be used in this comparison. Second of all, Sephiroth lost all my respect for his strength when I killed him with one counter at the end and he was probably injured after fighting against 3 of your party members as well...so Cloud doesn't even have to recieve the title of strong.

What? When was it ever shown in the game that Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Nanaki....ect....Were bullied as children, failed to make it into SOLDIER, deemed as a failed experiment, get mako poisening and survive, and have someone controlling their mind all the time, eh?
Failing to make it into soldier and come out alive is a big deal now is it. None of the emotional things have any significance. (Squall went through some similarily bad experiences) Cloud didn't have the willpower to stop himself from being controlled, that can't be used as a reason for his reaction, it is a weakness.
I was talking about the others who were experimented on and recieved similar treatment. Sephiroth certainly had this exact physical treatment, (including falling into a great deal of mako) so we know at least Sephiroth took the punishment better than Cloud. As for the Jenova cells injections, all members of soldier had those though in smaller doses, Zack and Cloud were in the same experiment so probably had the same amount.

I know what logic is.
Don't use the term in the wrong context next time, then.

Faris
01-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Off Of Topic: Will this thread ever die!!!!!!

Back On Topic: Auronhart makes a good point there... :D

Naughty Tifa
01-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Gunblade is not a gun. Whatever the case as I've explained before, the speed issue is not transferrable between the two games, so Cloud's weapon could easily take him longer to swing then Squall's. The other issue is that you don't know whether Squall was strong enough to have used Cloud's blade (which by a Physics perspective is about the stupidest weapon in the world) or whether it would have mattered if he could.

Oh? I thought that you said that since he has part of a gun on his blade, that it's heavier or something? And how is the bustersword the stupidest weapen in the world? This is a fantasy game, otherwise, Squall wouldn't be able to use magic.

First of all, STRONG is not a relative term, so it cannot be used in this comparison.

Uh huh... :rolleyes2

Second of all, Sephiroth lost all my respect for his strength when I killed him with one counter at the end and he was probably injured after fighting against 3 of your party members as well...so Cloud doesn't even have to recieve the title of strong.

You should have payed more attention to my other post then...But if that's how you wanna compare it, then I could easily say that Squall indeed IS a wimp because he needed the help of two other party members to kill Seifer. Including the first time where he got his butt wooped in the beginning. Now how is that strong? :p

Failing to make it into soldier and come out alive is a big deal now is it. None of the emotional things have any significance. (Squall went through some similarily bad experiences) Cloud didn't have the willpower to stop himself from being controlled, that can't be used as a reason for his reaction, it is a weakness.

Pffft, Squall didn't go through any of those things, he was a whining pussie. Sure, he didn't have any parents, but at least he had Garden, which he could call home. Cloud went through WAY more abuse. If you say he didn't stop himself, ever, then what about the time he was struggling with himself not to stab his friend? (Which would be Aeris) Or the many other times he had er, theose weird attacks? It doesn't really matter which one is weaker emotionally I guess, but don't compare them in terms of that as it is obvious to anyone that has played the two games that Cloud had much more problems.

I was talking about the others who were experimented on and recieved similar treatment. Sephiroth certainly had this exact physical treatment, (including falling into a great deal of mako) so we know at least Sephiroth took the punishment better than Cloud. As for the Jenova cells injections, all members of soldier had those though in smaller doses, Zack and Cloud were in the same experiment so probably had the same amount.

Once again, how does that counter my argument? Sephiroth wasn't in the party, because he was the villains. Of course villains are strong. And Zack was SUPPOSEDLY stronger than Cloud, but Cloud defeated Sephiroth making this whole thing really confusing. :cool: And who cares if you lost respect for Sephiroth, it still does not change the fact that in the game, he was the strongest general ever.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 04:44 PM
well Squall isnt a wuss and that fireball was an illegal use of junctioning for training Seifer took squall by suprise therefore he was knocked back and when he got back up seifer alshed him then squall made the finishing move Rough divide on Seifer, well i defeated seifer everytime with only Squall alive. well we were revealed too off most of Cloud'spast but with Squall all we know is birth orphanage then garden but what happened when he was younger? Cloud was technically less human than Squall.

if you put them one on one it wouldnt be easy as Cloud is slightly slower and can only hold a limited amount of spells and has Mp so squall can cast more spells. it would be a long battle though with the victor as No one Squall is faster but he is younger he is suprised easilly while cloud isnt usefull without his weapon though so if cloud made a wrong move squall could use renzokuken then lionheart then cloud uses one omni slash so squall uses renzokuken again so depending on the moves either vcould win therefore cloud and Squall are a good fight to see

Angelwings
01-14-2005, 08:10 PM
hmm.. I really don't know. cause their both really good.but I would say Squall.why can't say.

Dking'squeen
01-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Seifer using that fire spell in the beginining was just him cheating. It proves that Seifer is a punk whoc couldn't have won without it, and since it caught Squall off guard, it gave Seifer the upper hand in the battle, but Squall quickly retaliated with an attack of his own, so i think that that would prove Squall having more *i little maybe* will power/power/ stamina than Cloud, which means that he could outstand him and beat him

Shoden
01-14-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah in ff7, cloud has weak will power proven by sephiroth possessing him. Squall had the spirit of a fighter cloud was just lonely and dark he was disorted from his past which shattered his will power to bits. Squall on the oter hand may get put down he will get back up and retaliate with more atatcks

kaine the dragoon
02-05-2005, 10:49 PM
cloud vs squall=draw unless kaine is coming to wipe their butts!!!!!!

Shoden
02-05-2005, 10:55 PM
hmmmm ive changed my mind after playing through 7 again i see the truth but Squall would be a good match for cloud though. Ultima weapon + Omni slash would probably kill squall as each blow does a hell load of damage over 9999 while renzokuken only does 5678 in average but the chances of a lionhart are so low plus one renzokuken after squall is hit by omni slash would push Clouds limit back to the max and omni slash again to finish him. or Cloud could summon Knights of round or Bahamut zero even cast mega spells like comet 2 hed even be able to use enemy skills such as shadow flare.

Cless
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Without going into technical details about why I think he would win. When I imagine the two one on one, my gut tells me Cloud would come out on top. There's just something about Cloud that I can't put my finger on...I just couldn't see Squall defeating him.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 11:26 PM
one Cloud has been enfused with Jeniova cells and Mako energy and has a hell of alot more experience fighting

Destai
02-05-2005, 11:35 PM
The Jenova cells and Mako didnt make him stronger at all. They had no effect on his fighting.
Clouds definitely slower but packs a heavier blow. You can see it in flics from advent children. When Cloud swings the buster sword it rises slow but falls fast as you'd expect, Loz was easily able to dodge and knock him aside using speed over strength but if Cloud could land a blow it would have a serious effect.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 11:41 PM
hmmmm depends on what clouds stats are and level because he can have items equipped that can adjust his speed but if cloud uses Ultima weapon he'll be alot faster as its size is samller and weight is lighter than the buster sword but cloud can use mastered materia on squall that can dish out a hell of alot more damage than usual or he can put himself in the fury status to charge up his limit breaks twice as fast.

what do you mean Zack never reacted to the mako and jenova cells but cloud did so your saying if sephiroth wasnt injected with jenova cells and mako hed still be ultra strong?

Destai
02-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Sephirtoh reacted with them alright but Cloud got an average-small ammount that had no physical effect. Sephiroth may not have even gained strength from the mako and J cells. He was Jenovas chosen one but thats just an insignificant theory. Throughout the game Cloud is basically the same as the other party members his level. It wasnt like a lvl1 Cloud was equal to a Lvl 10 Cid or whatever. No difference in fighting.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 11:59 PM
well it made a difference to Clouds battle style though and observing zack and getting his sword well thats the cloud we know now but JENOVA was dormant until Sephiroth went beserk in Mt Nibel

Destai
02-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Why did J-cells effect his fighting style?

amratis
02-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Despite the fact that I like Squall more then Cloud (Not by much admittedly) I think Cloud would win, more expierenced fighter I'd say. I dont' think Squall would get his butt kicked though, but, maybe it'd be a draw.

amra

Laugh at face of Danger
02-22-2005, 10:52 PM
hmm, big sword vs little sword. Big sword cool, little sword even cooler. I think that if it came down to cuteness, Squall would win, cards...I'd have to say Squall again, but......GF vs big other powerful thing, Squall lights out. If squall got a decent run up with Lionheart, then sure, Cloud would die but otherwise, draw

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 04:42 AM
I think this is a rather difficult question to answer. First, what are the rules for the engagements? If each is playing by the rules of their own game, then Squall could win easily. He just junctions Initiative with low HP, one Renzokuken and Cloud is dead as soon as the battle starts. Then too, Squall can limit over and over again with Aura. He doesn't need to wait for his gauge to build, like Cloud does. Of course, Cloud can equip sixteen mastered Counter Attack materia, and Squall will go down before he knew what hit him. Since the max HP of each character is 9999, the battle will be over quick. If Squall doesn't get off a limit break immeadiately, Cloud could take him out with a single use of 4xCut (from a mastered Double Cut materia). Cloud also has the advantage of being able to use his magic without reducing his stats. Still, doing 9999 damage is no problem for either character. Whoever got off the first major attack would win. Cloud's normal abilities pack more of a punch than Squall's, but Squall has the advantage of the limitless Limit Breaks. If Cloud was able to survive a Renzokuken (doubtful, considering the damage it does), then his Limit Gauge would still not be full (assuming that it was empty to begin with), since a level four Limit Break needs more than Cloud's entire HP bar to drain in order to fully charge. Of course, in the turn it takes Squall to cast Aura, Cloud can whoop his butt. Or, if he goes in with low HP, Cloud could kill him with one hit. Since either character can dish out much more than they can take, the battle will be decided by whoever gets the first heavy strike. Squall has the advantage then, since he can junction the Initiative ability and automatically go first. But, if his first hit doesn't kill Cloud, he won't have time for a second, since Cloud can counter more than a dozen times and hit four times for every normal attack.

Personally, I think it's a really pointless discussion, since I think the two would not fight. They'd get along great. Both are mercenaries with traumatic pasts...

(Oh, and just a note, when Seifer used a fire spell and followed it up with a sword slash against Squall in the intro video, why do so few people seem to realize that he was using his limit move, Fire Cross? It looks exactly like it. Which means Squall had Seifer down in low HP, and Seifer broke the rules and used his Limit Break on Squall. Squall not only survived, but he immeadiately countered. So I don't think arguing that Seifer whooped Squall in the intro is really valid. Seifer was getting his butt kicked, he cheated, and he still got bi+ched.)

(One more thing. I also think that calling Sephiroth a "general" is a bit of an overstatement. Yes, he was the commander of SOLDIER, but in rank only. He didn't pick his assignments. He was just a really powerful field agent.)

Laugh at face of Danger
02-24-2005, 09:45 PM
I never got a chance to see Fire Cross! I'm deprived! When can u see it? disk one at the Comm. tower?

Skyblade
02-24-2005, 10:32 PM
That's the only time Seifer's on your team, so that's the only time you can use it. But if you take your time killing Seifer the times you battle him, he will use it on you. And you'll get to see all the variations. He uses a different form of it in each battle.

Lucca
02-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Cloud. Although even if they would meet in some weird freaky other dimension crossing way thing they would get along, I think.

Dking'squeen
02-25-2005, 09:46 PM
i hope they wouldn't, then it would knock all of the fun out...i mean, i don't think they would see eye to eye on all things. Actually, they're both kind of quite. They'll give each other eye signals. Like both will be fighting Omega Weapon'

Cloud: *eye twitch once*
Squall: *twitch twitch. eyebrow raise*
Cloud: *surprised look* *eye move from side to side once, raise eyebrow, 'what the hell' look*
Squall: *shocked look followed by eyebrow fury twitch and the lionheart eye movement*
*both kill Omega weapon*

it migt be something like that

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, returning to the topic, I have to go with Cloud. As others have said, though, they would most likely be allies if they ever met.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Cloud will get hit by Renzokuken survive it summon KOTR which had HP aborb mastered equipped a counter attack mastered so if squall survives KOTR he will use Renzokuken + Fated circle its the most likely to be used though then cloud will counter downing squall plus Cloud can have stats of all 200 so his ATB gayuge fills up in 2 seconds so he can get 2 attacks before squall can launch 1 because Squalls ATB is quite slow even at high levels

Laugh at face of Danger
02-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Hmm, putting it that way then yeah Cloud would win, but if we all go back to the basics, where all stats are at about 60, then what?

Sweet Beloved
02-27-2005, 03:47 PM
squal kicked the crap outa Seifer throughout the game. The intro fight Seifer cheated, and Squal still got in a finishing blow before he went down, and the rest of the battles squal won, well he had to or it was game over. I pick Squal because he is more agile and trained, Cloud is a very rounded fighter, but he is no Squall.

Agree!!!! *Shakes Cheerleading Pom Poms* GO SQUALL!! Ok. Glad I got that off. Cloud is still cool, but he isn't like Squall. Sure, Cloud's got the huge sword an all but Squall's got a GUNBLADE! He can either shoot ya or slash ya. That's an advantage.

I Don't Need A Name
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
i hate both characters but cloud would probebly win (Squalls a loser!)

Sweet Beloved
02-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Nu-Uh. Oh, well... Squall's not a loser! And niether is Cloud. This should be a voting poll.

Laugh at face of Danger
02-27-2005, 07:54 PM
SQUALL IS NOT A LOSER! You never seen him kick ass with a gunblade? Cloud wouldn't win if i had anything to do with it!

Skyblade
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
First off, Squall is not a loser! At least give some evidence supporting such a claim, or suffer the wrath of Squall's fans!

Anyway, did anyone even read my first post in this thread? I think I fairly clearly pointed out that there is no contest. They use totally different battle systems (which makes comparisons annoying anyway), but even so, each could take the other's HP down to zero with a single hit. Whoever attacked first would be victorious.

TheSpoonyBard
02-27-2005, 10:06 PM
...each could take the other's HP down to zero with a single hit. Whoever attacked first would be victorious.
I'm a great Squall fan but even so I refuse to overlook the Final Attack materia. If Cloud had this linked to Phoenix Squall wouldn't stand a chance. Unless he had 100 Firagas, FullLifes and Ultimas junctioned to Elem-Def-J. Hmmm... And so the battle continues.

However, even a mastered Final Attack will only work five times so unless Cloud has two of them (one linked to Phoenix, one to KotR or some such materia) Squall wouls win.

I think we should call it a draw and be done with it.

Swordicanus
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
if it was a battle of personalities cloud cause squall is a bit boring but hes still cool :)

Dking'squeen
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Squall i think would win that one...or..they both would silently duke it out by wiggling fingers since they both don't talk much, and then they'll both start yelling because they've both got issues. Well, Squall would win that one because...he's a bit more aggressive I think than Cloud

Laugh at face of Danger
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I think we should kinda end this too with a draw, they're both cool (if not Squalls cooler) and they both kick ass (Cloud more sometimes) they'd be friends more than anything, why not do a competition instead? Who would win against some Ruby Dragons? A team Squall chooses or a team Cloud chooses?

Naughty Tifa
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I still stand by what I said. Cloud would win because Cloud is...mako enhanced. It doesn't make him who he is, but that's what he's turned into and it most definetely affects his battle performance. There would be no competition with him and Squall.

FFVIII Fan
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Nu-Uh. Oh, well... Squall's not a loser! And niether is Cloud. This should be a voting poll.

true it shud b. voting poll plz!

Seifer's Incarnate
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
On the subject of Sephiroth vs Seifer, I gotta say the guy who can Slice one of the strongest GF's in half no problemwould definately win. Seph never even put up a fight at all. Plus, I didn't see him beating any summon materia

amratis
03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Squall i think would win that one...or..they both would silently duke it out by wiggling fingers since they both don't talk much, and then they'll both start yelling because they've both got issues. Well, Squall would win that one because...he's a bit more aggressive I think than Cloud

Lol, sorry but this just made me laugh. You've got an idea here, we should turn this into the who would win a 'I've got more issue's then you arguement' between Cloud and Squall. I'm not asking which one actually DOES have more issue's, I mean between them, if they were actually arguing,....how do you think it would pan out? Because you're right, they're neither of them the most vocal of ppl, Squall especially. At first they'd just stand there and glare at eachother..lol

dking
03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
ahh... after five months i'm back. Cloud would still win just like he would have five months ago. No disrespect to squall or anyone else but cloud is just the best. :)

Dking'squeen
03-17-2005, 04:56 PM
No, he wouldn't. He's get beat up and his ass kicked by Squall, as I said :P Well, what could Cloud do that Squall couldn't beat him in? I mean, yeah it's probably already been answered, but no one's reading through all of those pages

dking
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Must you disagree.

CaladBolgLionHeart
03-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Squall would win on account that he's speedier with the gunblade. In a straight up, sword duel to the death, no magic/gf/materia, it could go either way. But Squall would have to stay on his toes, lest he be cleaved by Cloud's massive blade. And Cloud would have to be accurate with his swings, lest he be shot and slashed at the same time at the hands of Squall. To wrap it up, heres how the fight would probably go.
Squall get a few shots in, but is knocked down. Wounded, he uses Renzokuken, almost killing Cloud and cutting off his left arm. With the last of his strength, Cloud slashes Squall away, victorious. But he would be out of Hi-Potions, so he would die from his wounds. THE END

Dking'squeen
03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Must you disagree.

yes

dking
03-20-2005, 10:37 PM
not cool, why can't we all just get along. Cloud would win :D

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2005, 11:37 PM
chaos: Darn, this has been debated too much. If you do it by just attack power, and all the numbers that they rack up, Squall would win. With those first slashes of Renzokuken, plus, his Lionheart has a few extra slashes. Let's see, they both act depressed most of the time. Cloud has skinnier arms yet he is able to hold such a giant sword. Eh, probably a tie.

Rubedo: If they really smart, they'd realize that their both great characters and ride chocobos off into the distance. :p

Shoden
04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Cloud survived being stabbed by the Masamune and it was half through him he stayed concioused and used it to pick up spehiroth and throw him into the reactor

Cloud uses enemy skill big guard Renzokuken= 2500 per hit lol making lion heart do only half its max damage

Cloud uses mastered KOTR+Hp absorb
Squall uses Renzokuken+ Blasting zone Cloud gets spikier hair lol
Cloud uses KOTR again
Squall dies becomes a zombie from the side affects and eats clouds brain and it becomes a zombie game lol

Phoenix + Final attack
4x Cut so cloud does about 40,000 damage per hit
equipped with a chocobo feather and had alot of speed sources used

Bio+added effect = squall poisoned dealing about -1000 a turn so Cloud does 41,000 damage in total if he isnt using omnislash

you gotta think
Cloud could just silence squall so he cannot use Aura and if he has a ribbon equipped than Squall cant counter because this is a fair battle so no items

Cloud has W-summon W-magic and W-item equipped to himself he'd have an advantage

cast haste on himself And slow on squall as soon as battle starts
Summon KOTR and voila squall defeated

Drift
04-06-2005, 12:26 PM
cloud would win cz hes got the funky spikey hair :P

Lenna
04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
In my opinion Squall and Cloud are very much the same. They both are sarcastic and emotionless at first but throughout the game's they both develop a sense of love and passion for the people and world around them, With this motive anyone can win. The passion is the will to do what you think is right and fight for who you care about.. But I'd say Cloud has alot more passion as he's lost alot more than just the world around him.. he lost a close friend too giving him the power to fight his enemies for that friend's benefit. Squall on the other hand is only protecting his friends and the world. His emotions are like Clouds and he develops these after he meets Rinoa. Even though there were times where Squall almost lost Rinoa.. he did not lose her. Therefore his passion to fight was alot less powerful than Cloud's.. So putting the two together with these motives. If each was an enemy to each other, I'd have to say Cloud. Due to the passion he has for fighting and protecting others.

Drift
04-06-2005, 01:06 PM
and the spikey hair compared to squalls curtain thingys!

Lenna
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Surprisingly I like Squalls hair :P so leave it be *smiles sweetly* but Cloud's hair defy's gravity so I'll have to give him that hehe :D

Drift
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
bouncy!!!! thats all squall's hair is: bouncy!!!! cloud's hair defies gravity without gel!!! now thats what i call a bad hair day and who else can climb a snowy mountain in a short sleeved tee? cloud

Nod
04-08-2005, 01:01 AM
this thread has been going for a while:D

i think Cloud would win, cos hes got a bigger sword :p

squall088
04-08-2005, 02:48 AM
come on squall is much more cool than cloud.....cloud....i dont think that he is that great...i Squall could kick his ass very easy

sephiroth JR
04-09-2005, 01:36 AM
cloud would kick that wimps ass, clouds sword alone is bigger than squall

dking
04-22-2005, 02:27 PM
cloud would kick that wimps ass, clouds sword alone is bigger than squall

See, thats what I'm talking about. At least some one else knows whats really going on here. I like squall...but...cloud is just awesome and so is his sword. To be honest with you I would have thought that all this time that this forum has been up, everyone would have said everything there is to possibly say.

sayen
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
cloud says jump squall says how high basickly i think cloud would win just by using metor rain cloud big sword squall chopstick

crashNUMBERS
04-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Lionheart vs omni slash= a bunch of slashes vs a bunch of slashes= a draw.
Yeah those slashes would kinda hit eachother like eac one parriing the next. But squall kinda does a 20 hit lionheart right?? And cloud does a 15 hit. So squall will do more hits but he would not only piss off cloud but cloud will also use knights of the round then omni slash him and he's out...

Shoden
04-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Cloud can have certain materia combo so when squall makes 1 attack cloud counters with 7+ then its clouds turn whom uses omnislash

or Cloud has counter with KOTR and buh bye squally

Delta
04-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Sqaull hand's down, ignore my avater while I explain.

First of all even if Cloud were to use his "Knight's of the round table" Squall can easily counter using a GF and even if the GF doesn't get summoned due to lack of speed Squall won't take damage.

Sqaull can then use Eden which can be powered up COMPLETLY OBLITERATING Cloud.
Let's just say Cloud has already put Eden out of the picture all Squall has to do is let Cloud attack him till he goes critical health and use Lionheart HOWEVER Cloud has to wait for enough damage to be done to him so Squall can just not attack Cloud therefore Cloud has no Limit.

Also Squall can use the "Restore" command brining him back to full health.

Now to be Biased: Squall would kick that girl dress wearing freak of nature "Cloud" back to the dirt hole he came from!!!.

Nah just kidding both Cloud and Squall are sound but I still say Squall would win.

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh, damnit, not this again...
It would never happen; they have no reason to fight.
In Ehgeiz, Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Vincent, Yuffie, and Zack all made cameo appearances. In two player Cloud could fight against Tifa or Vincent or Yuffie or Zack . . . or Sephiroth. Sephiroth is the only whom Cloud has reason to fight and that doesn't hinder your ability to force him to beat the crap out of his closest friends.

If we're talking about just FF7 and FF8 then I think that Cloud would still kick the crap out of Squall if only because he has a better reason to fight.
If we're talking about them as a whole, including all of their cameos . . . Cloud would still win. Cloud is so much faster than Squall in KH which is why you have to focus on taking him out first. Squall is cake after that. Besides, even with Squall's gunblade as an edge in combat it wouldn't help 'cause Cloud has taken quite a few bullets during his battles in FF7.

Cloud leaps for a Braver assault and Squall tries a Rising Slash. The two can't avoid being hit by the other's attack.
Cloud rushes Squall and tries to skewer him with Clim Hazzard but is dodged and Squall attempts a (I forget that second one), but Cloud dodges that.
As Squall fires up his Blasting Zone attack, Cloud leaps into the air to perform Meteorain.
As the two stand battered and breathing heavily, a second wind drives them at each other. Squall unleashes Renzokuken which is easily outdone by Cloud's Omnislash.
[[Hehe. I haven't actually seen the Lionheart 'cause I haven't been able to make the Lionheart gunblade. I just can't get my hands on the materials. I'm sure Cloud would win anyway.]]

Excelsior
05-07-2005, 06:23 AM
ok, squall would win realistically and in the video game. think about it. why the hell would squall even bother fighting cloud? in real life, cloud would randomly come up, try and kill squall, squall would dodge whatever cloud did, and then hed pop a cap in his brain. thus, killing cloud. in the game, lion heart does about 200,000+ damage (for me) and omnislash does not.

BlackRibon
05-07-2005, 05:14 PM
squall would win, cuz you cannot count only the damage of the lionheart but also the damage that is dealt before that in the attack sequence that preceeds it, and if squall is in his critical he can use every turn a bloody lionheart and he would kill cloud in a pitiful 5 seconds time.

Hearts
05-08-2005, 05:11 AM
In my opinion..I'd say that Squall would win. He's a bit more intelligent..and focused...but it would be a tough match, both are good characters and fighters. (Plus, not saying this effects my opinion on who'd win..but Squall's my favorite character between the two.)

Skyblade
05-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Geez, this is a stupid arguement. For one thing, you really need to specify the rules of the engagement. Are both characters using their own battle systems? Is Cloud entering with a full Limit Gauge? Is Squall able to use the Ribbon ability?

If both characters are allowed to use the full abilities allowed them in their respective games, Cloud would win. Sneak Attack-Knights of the Round, and Squall's dead (based on the way Sneak Attack and Initiative work, I think Sneak Attack would use the ability attached to it automatically before Squall could attack with Initiative). Since both characters have a max of 9999 life and can do that much damage with a single hit, the winner would be whoever goes first. Squall would have the advantage of unlimited Limit Breaks, but if he was in critical he would die before he could use one. Oh, and don't forget that Lionheart isn't guaranteed. Lionheart hits 16 times (plus the 4-8 hits of Renzokuken), while Omnislash only hits 15, but it doesn't really matter, because neither character would survive half of those hits. Cloud doesn't have Squall's infinite Limit system, but he does have 4xCut, which puts Squall's normal attack to shame. Truly, whoever got in the first hit would win, since both characters can dish out much more than they can take. So I believe that Cloud could when by proper use of the Sneak Attack materia (and even if he lost, he could make it a tie with Final Attack-Knights of the Round, or use Final Attack-Phoenix to instantly resurrect himself).

But truly? I doubt that the two would fight. Squall and Cloud would get along great. Also, since you put this in the FFVIII forum, naturally the majority of the responses will be in favor of Squall. This question has only been asked a few thousand times. Now why don't you just give it up?!

Kamiko
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Um... Well, Cloud's braver because he can dress like a woman without (hardly) any fear.

Holy_Aeris
05-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Cloud!!!
Just look at the hair man!!!! and i prefer his huge buster sword!

FiragaBreak
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Cloud has the Ultima Weapon.
Squall has the Lionheart.
Cloud can do 7 specials with the ultimate one Omnislash.
Squall can do 4 specials with the ultimate one Lionheart.

Down to basics, Squall would mop the floor with him. (Not trying to be a Cloud hater, Sorry Cloud Fans) Still love ya, Cloud.

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Cloud is faster than Squall. Plain and simple. Squall can dodge Cloud's attack and TRY to shoot him in the back of the head like some kind of pansy-ass coward, but Cloud would deflect it with his wrist armor and then slice the crap out of Squall.
The damage caused by their attacks doesn't count. When making a game to precede another, of course they'll include stronger monsters to serve more of a challenge. With stronger monsters, you need stronger attacks. Thus, Squall's attacks are only able to dish out 200,000+ damage because there are monsters that require you to dish out 200,000+ damage.
If we consider the history behind the skills and attacks of Cloud and Squall respectively, Cloud would win because he's had better training. Game damage is a forgery based on the power of the enemies within. If Cloud had made a cameo in FF8, he'd've been able to take down Ultima, Omega, Bahamut, that damn giant-spider robot, Edea, Adel, and even Ultimecia with just a few attacks. If Squall were to make a cameo in FF7, following its rules, he'd barely be able to keep up with Cloud.

I personally have no preference to Cloud. I just know he's faster. My favorite character is Zack, but I don't think he could compete with either.