PDA

View Full Version : Favorite position!

Free Spirit
12-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Sleeping. Do you sleep on your side? Stomach? Back? So on. Do you ever have sleeping problems as you can't sleep on your bed? I've had to sleep on the couch a couple times because my bed felt so uncomfortable. Also What time do you usually go to bed? The topic is about sleep and well more sleep. :sleepy:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 07:55 PM
For a minute, there was another thought popping into my head!:D Well, I sleep on my side, but I lay on my stomach when it hurts or when I can't get to sleep. I can't sleep on my back for some reason

edczxcvbnm
12-01-2004, 07:55 PM
I usually sleep on my stomach/chest.

No sleeping problems for the most part.

I don't have a usual time. It is usually whenever I get tired(anywhere from 9-3 is when I go to sleep).

Free Spirit
12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
For a minute, there was another thought popping into my head!:D

Hah don't worry I meant it to be like that. ;)

Faris
12-01-2004, 08:29 PM
i sleep on my side curled up in a ball. I can't sleep on my stomac or my back... meh, maybe it's because I watch my dog sleep curledup like that *shrug* :rolleyes2

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Hah don't worry I meant it to be like that
Nice way to grab attention. You got mine

Brian The Pink Shark
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
i sleep on my side, i alternate between left and right :choc:

bennator
12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
missionar...err, what was I sying again? I prefer to sleep curled up on my side, in the fetal position, because that's the only way I fit onto my bed.

I got an invalid thread specified error when I went to post this. Is that horrible bug back again?

Kalen
12-01-2004, 08:42 PM
I sleep on my tummy with one knee in my arm pit.

Rye
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
On my tummy or my side. Lately, I sleep more on my tummy. nd I go to sleep way early, at 9 PM.

Casey
12-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Either on my back or my right side.

Psychotic
12-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Always, ALWAYS on my right side. And I have a very specific layout of cushions while sleeping too. Ho ho, I'm crazy :roll:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Always, ALWAYS on my right side. And I have a very specific layout of cushions while sleeping too. Ho ho, I'm crazy

Yes, my friend, you are:D

Misfit
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Ho ho, I'm crazy :roll:
YOU DON'T SAY!

Anyways, I sleep on my belly. No sleeping problems. And I go to bed at 10 during the week 'cause I lose sleep during the weekends 'cause I go to bed whenever I feel like it... in other words, like 5-6 AM and I'm always made to wake up at 10 AM. >_>

MoonsEcho
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Usually on my right side, but sometimes on my stomach or back. I can't just lay out straight on my stomach though, I always have to have one leg hiked up for some reason. Also, I apparently don't toss and turn much, because I normally wake up in the same position I went to sleep in <_<

My bed is quite comfy. And I don't have problems sleeping anywhere else, I could fall asleep anywhere at anytime. O_o

Free Spirit
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Never answerd my own question. Hah. I sleep on my side usually curled up to a pillow or I lay on my stomach. I am really cuddly in my sleep though so it's bad. I spent the night at my friends and I ended up waking up cuddled up to her. It was akward.

Meat Puppet
12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
A lot of the time my bed is in use when I'm tired, so I sleep on the floor. I can find the most comfortable position by curling up but that hurts my back, so I usually just stuff a milk bottle under my back and that gives me enough cushioning to lie on my back when I sleep.

Psychotic
12-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes, my friend, you are:DYou're my friend?! EVERYONE! I HAVE A FRIEND! You admitted to being my friend, you aren't escaping now!

YOU DON'T SAY!Actually, I do say, hence...why I said it.

And I didn't answer the bit about what time I go to bed! During weekdays I like to go to sleep at 00:30 - 1 AM but last night I went to bed at 2:30 AM because I was working on an essay. Although I like to nap between 6-8 PM so it makes up for it.

At the weekends, I go to sleep somewhere between 3-6 AM. I have difficulties getting to sleep so I stay up late, but once I'm asleep I'm fine.

Now you're all experts in my sleep patterns! Your parents must be so proud of you. :)

Xander
12-01-2004, 10:31 PM
i sleep on my side, i alternate between left and right

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 10:32 PM
You're my friend?! EVERYONE! I HAVE A FRIEND! You admitted to being my friend, you aren't escaping now!

Oh boy...meep
I didn;t answer that either. From 10 pm-3am b'cause I can't egt to sleep at ten so I just stay up reading stories or messing with the catnip

Faris
12-01-2004, 10:35 PM
You're my friend?! EVERYONE! I HAVE A FRIEND! You admitted to being my friend, you aren't escaping now!

of corse you have a friend(s) i'll be your freind, here have a complementary teddy bear you can sleep with at night

Every night i get to sleep around 11pm - 6am, no onder i scare my friends :rolleyes2 cuz when i'm tierd i'm really hyper

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 10:38 PM
of corse you have a friend(s) i'll be your freind here have a complementary teddy bear you can sleep with at night
can he have a complementary cookie that you're so famous for? They're really quite good:D the bears are so nice and soft! I sleep with mine:D

Chaos
12-01-2004, 10:45 PM
I roll onto my stomach with my head facing right, then with my head facing left, then I roll onto my back with my head next to the pillow and my back in line with my pillow (contortion) then I put my head on the pillow and sleep. Maybe curling up into a foetal position on the side.

I have sleep rituals.

Chaos

Faris
12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
can he have a complementary cookie that you're so famous for? They're really quite good:D the bears are so nice and soft! I sleep with mine:D
sure, here Psychotic :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Psychotic
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
of corse you have a friend(s) i'll be your freind, here have a complementary teddy bear you can sleep with at night
TWO friends in one thread?! And a teddy bear too?! And cookies?! :cookie: Wow. Just...wow. :)

And now here's an interesting thing about those Teddy Ruxpin things, y'know, those teddies that talk. I think. The guy that invented them used to own a pub. Called the Ruxpin Pub, I do believe. When he first bought it, he noticed a teddy bear in a cupboard, but decided to leave it there. It was OK at first, but then the bear began to talk to the staff at the pub! But it said nice things, so they didn't burn it or anything, although I probably would have done. So then the guy invented bears that talk to you electronically and named them after his pub! :cool:

Dking'squeen
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
look psycho, So many friends you have (takes a bite out of a cookie)

And now here's an interesting thing about those Teddy Ruxpin things, y'know, those teddies that talk. I think. The guy that invented them used to own a pub. Called the Ruxpin Pub, I do believe. When he first bought it, he noticed a teddy bear in a cupboard, but decided to leave it there. It was OK at first, but then the bear began to talk to the staff at the pub! But it said nice things, so they didn't burn it or anything, although I probably would have done. So then the guy invented bears that talk to you electronically and named them after his pub!

I would have shot the bear until he called me queen of the darkness:D Then I wold have gotten him drunk so that he only said bad things

Please do not double post, use the EDIT button. ~Matty

Agent Proto
12-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I sleep on my side. Either way is fine. I'm most comfortable sleeping on my side.

m4tt
12-01-2004, 11:06 PM
I sleep different all the time. Either side, stomach, back, whatever is comfortable at the moment.

kikimm
12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Gah. Falling asleep takes forever because I can never get really comfortable. I don't know if it's my mattress, or something else, but that's the way it goes. I'm constantly shifting from my right side, right up against the all, or my left, dangling off my bed and holding on for dear life. *shrug* I'm always on my stomach, though. I've tried sleeping on my back, but it just doesn't work. Meh.

:D

Mr. Graves
12-02-2004, 01:17 AM
On my back. So nice and comfy.

Nephiliam
12-02-2004, 01:23 AM
I sleep on my sides or tummy. Sometimes on my back, because my kitten likes to sleep on my neck, and the other cat likes to sleep beside my legs. And I go to bed anywhere between 11pm and 5am. Depends. Damn books always make me stay up late. >_<

Yamaneko
12-02-2004, 01:49 AM
It's not feasible to sleep on one's back. It's impossible, people!

I sleep on my face.

Jojee
12-02-2004, 01:51 AM
I sleep in every position except my back ^_^

fire_of_avalon
12-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Facing the door.

Giga Guess
12-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Oh my back, holding a pillow over my eyes.

Dking'squeen
12-02-2004, 02:33 AM
Faxing the door so that I can see who's coming in and out. I get uncomfortable facing the wall so that if someone came in, i'd only see their shadow and not who it is

Logan
12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
I start out on my left side and roll over to my right side before I fall asleep. I hate sleeping on couches and on the floor, because they're not as comfy as my bed, but I fall asleep normally. I usually go to sleep at 10. Sometimes it's as early as 9 and as late as 11. :D

razor248725
12-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Nice way to grab attention. You got mine

lol ditto. yeh i sleep on my side/front

Necronopticous
12-02-2004, 05:21 PM
On top of my Memory Foam bed cover and underneath my Overstuffed Down Comforter my head on an understuffed down pillow on top of two other overstuffed down pillows.... On my side and back :D

Sleeping in my bed is like sleeping in a little slice of heaven.

krissy
12-02-2004, 05:30 PM
missionary

Giga Guess
12-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, good to know that I'm not the only one who's mind went into the gutter upon reading the title.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-03-2004, 12:17 AM
usually on my stomach but sometimes on my side (doesnt matter left or right)...just as long as i am comfortable to just get some sleep...its a different story when i wake up...not sure if i move during the night so i wake up with my hands all numb because i put them behinf my head and slept on it...so yea when im comfy at night...its the opposite when i get up...

p.s props on the title lol! that got me going

meowwl
12-03-2004, 12:39 AM
I sleep on my sides, alternating usually, almost in fetal position...though if I'm exhausted I fall asleep on my back sprawled with my arms sticking straight out, and wake up feeling as if I had swum 10 miles or so, like my arms were falling off. I am a night owl by nature, so I usually sleep during the day..I go to bed somewhere between 6am and 9am.

Fate Fatale
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
i sleep on my side, i alternate between left and right :choc:
ditto

and I usuall go to bed at 10 on school night cause my parents ake me... but when I dont have school, I got to bed araound 4 or 5

Well, good to know that I'm not the only one who's mind went into the gutter upon reading the title.

It's comfy in the gutter ^_^

DMKA
12-04-2004, 06:49 AM
I sleep different all the time. Either side, stomach, back, whatever is comfortable at the moment.
Yeah.

Dignified Pauper
12-04-2004, 07:11 AM
i sleep on my stomach almost always, it's the only thing that's comfy for me.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
12-04-2004, 08:20 AM
I start off on my back, but once I get tired (and get my arm back from Steph) I lay on my right side.

Ki Ki
12-04-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm asleep so I don't really know... @_@

Miriel
12-04-2004, 08:47 AM
I sleep on my side, curled up in the fetal position. :)

Shlup
12-04-2004, 10:40 AM
I usually lay on my side but fall asleep on my belly. Except when I'm ovulating 'cause my boobies are too sensative to lay on. :exdee:

:(

Fuzakeru
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I start off on my back, but once I get tired (and get my arm back from Steph) I lay on my right side.

That arm belongs to me. ^_^ I start on my back then roll over on to my right side and snuggle the pillow. :)

Cori
12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I am a night owl by nature, so I usually sleep during the day..I go to bed somewhere between 6am and 9am.

Yes! Another night owl!!! Me too. :) Hey, don't u get annoyed at those others who do sleep at night? you know, like how boring it is when everyone else goes to bed and u are still up? :rolleyes2 Sometimes the alone time is good though. :) Well most of the time...
Anyways, oh yeah, my favorite sleeping position... Well, I'd have to say on my back and on my right side; sometimes on my stomach. I have mastered them all. :cool: I wear an insulin pump 24/7 ( I'm a diabetic) and so sometimes the IV line gets in the way, so normally I guess that's why I sleep on my back. Sometimes I wake up with it wrapped halfway around my side. lol. I guess it just depends on where my infusion site is for that night, that determines my sleeping positions. I'm not much of a tosser and turner either for some reason. That really sucks because sometimes I wake up with a sore neck or arm. :(
Oh, and the only thing that I hate about being a night owl is that Nothing is Open!!! well except for Wal-Mart and Taco Bell, but that's it. other than that, being a night owl is the best kind of sleeper. :D

Samuraid
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
I roll while sleeping a lot so it could be any.

Remnant
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
I fall alseep laying on my right side most often. Sometimes on my back, sometimes on my left side. Never on my belly- I get freaked out for some reason.

I wake up sorta sprawled across the bed in a tangle.

Eö Telrúnya
12-05-2004, 08:11 PM
I sleep on either my left side or my back. If I sleep on my right side, my hand goes numb for some reason. I suppose I should get it checked out by a doctor. Or perhaps not.

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Missionary. I sleep missionary.

theundeadhero
12-05-2004, 11:17 PM
However and wherever I pass out. I slept in some pretty interesting places to include: under the bed, on top of the washing machine, in a tree, and even on top of a car. One of my favorites was in the flower garden!

meowwl
12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
:eek: Another night owl AND another diabetic! *Shares her stash of dark chocolate, Diet Rite, and low carb Kit-Kats.] :spin: :joey:

Cori
12-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Meowwl, you are too? lol Thanks for the candy. Nice to know I'm not alone. lol :p wow, two things in common w/ one person. Hey do you use an insulin pump too, or do you do injections? Hey, any other diabetics in here? :p