PDA

View Full Version : Lyric translations

Dontcareaboutmyid
12-02-2004, 02:56 AM
Okay me and a friend got bored and tried to find a translation on the lyrics in two of the songs on the site.

they're succession of witches and FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC

Now we've found vinosec to mean wine and awry, but other than that have no evidence to say that FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC truly means Succession of witches, which is my guess.

Any and all help would be highly appreachiated.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Well, you're partially correct in that the phrase "succession of witches" is involved, but it is not a translation.

As I and others have stated many times - FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC cannot be translated. They are NOT REAL WORDS in any languge. They were invented by the composer, Nobuo Uematsu.

As Uematsu states in the linear notes for the FF8 soundtrack, "fithos lusec wecos vinosec" is an anagram. If you unscramble the letters, they turn into "succession of witches" and "love," which are the two main themes in FF8.

The rest of "Liberi Fatali" where the phrase is heard is in Latin.

We should really put this in the FAQ. LOL :p

Dontcareaboutmyid
12-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Funny thing is thats the first place I looked and thanks for repeating the answer

ShivaBlizzard8
12-02-2004, 11:59 PM
LOL - No problem :) I think it might actually be in the linear notes for one of the FF compelation albums where I read it, now that you mention it. "Final Fantasy: S Generation," I think.

black shadow
12-03-2004, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=ShivaBlizzard8]
"If you unscramble the letters, they turn into "succession of witches" and "love," which are the two main themes in FF8."

i might be forgetting something, but what does 'succession of witches' mean in the game?

ShivaBlizzard8
12-03-2004, 04:53 AM
I believe it refers to the lineage of sorceresses passing down their powers from one to the next.