PDA

View Full Version : Finished it. Good ending. Now Need Sleep.

Remnant
12-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Beat Necron tonight. Some part of my brain told me to put auto life and auto regen on Vivi, which saved me after that "cross" move, which zerked my whole party.

Vivi was zerked an mini'd, everyone else was KO'd. I was thinking about writing it off, but it was strange to watch- because of the duration of Necron's moves, Vivi's auto regen would bring him back up to where he could survive the moves that could drop you to zero, and then Necron would repeat again, while Vivi was doing 4 damage a go.

Eventually, Vivi got Doom cast on him by the Cross move. It killed him, and then auto-life revived him. Had him toss a phoenix down on Dagger, and Necron cast protect on himself IIRC, but at any rate, Dagger had enough time to heal up and pull Stiener and Zidane back onto their feet. With "concentration" on, the life spell brought them both up to around 3000 hp.

The cross move did some other nasty things, but nothing as bad as the full KO/zerk that happened the first time. Was glad to see Necron go.

Good ending as well. I'm glad it gave some resolution to each of the characters, as well as getting to see some in FMV that never appeared prior. I definitely got the impression that Vivi "stopped", but from other threads, that seems to be a debateable topic.

Auronhart
12-02-2004, 08:25 AM
I like the "only small Vivi" part of your battle. :D When I won it the first time, Vivi and Steiner got messed up by those annoying statuses but Dagger managed to keep herself and Zidane alive. So I just abused Zidane's moves and that was it.

Slade
12-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Ah yes i remember the first time i got up to the final bosses......I was dissapointed cause i beat them first go (It took me about 12 goes to beat the ones on VIII). But then i was happy once again about three days later when i decided to fight them again....and i got killed! Woohoo! It was just a fluke the first time. (That was about two years ago and now i usually beat them in like, 2 seconds :D )

And yep that grand cross move can really stuff you up.

Remnant
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Yeah, without the status effects, Necron would be easier than some of the earlier bosses in the game. While it was going on, I was thinking that square had made a funny looking Malboro for the last boss.