PDA

View Full Version : FF9 Character Survivor - Round 5

CloudZidaneFusion
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Quina, finally, your gone. Good riddance. Sorry I could'nt post for the last while but for some reason my home pc can't access the forums and my laptop has a tendancy to freeze for no apparent reason every time i get close to finishing anything.

Ultima Shadow
12-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Well... I go for Freya this time...

Armisael
12-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Well... I go for Freya this time...
me too..

TheSpoonyBard
12-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Freya shouldn't go, she's the best character. Sir Rustalot is just pathetic, even the Pluto Knights are more competant. I'm glad Quina's gone at last.

chocomog33
12-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Freya has a better storyline than Steiner imo, and her abilities are more versitile. She can kill things easily, ( Cherry Blossom, Dragon Crest) or she can help out the party, ( White Draw, Reis's Wind). Steiner just attacks, so my vote is for him.

Remnant
12-02-2004, 11:47 PM
I voted for Zidane. Although I could make a more in-depth statement as to why, given the remaining field, I feel I only need justify the position with the following:

"Ooh. Soft."

Stiener amused me a great deal. He's actually a deeper character (IMHO) than most people give him credit for. He is both consistent and colorful, with clearly differing attitudes towards different characters.

Freya, had Zidane not been there, would have been my next choice. I like Freya, but she just is kind of "there".

Vivi is probably my pick to win this thing. Innocent and waxing philisophical... such a great character. Even Stiener knew it!

As for mechanics, I prefer not to judge characters based on a series of "but for variable X" judgments. That said, Stiener can do more than simply attack. I made good use of some of his special abilities, and his very high HP potential, as well as the fact that he doesn't spend half the time in the air, makes him the ideal character to cover with.

Freya is neat. Dragoons are cool. But I don't think she is superior to Stiener mechanically.

Save his limits, I had less variability in commands from Zidane than Stiener.

chocomog33
12-02-2004, 11:59 PM
My voting went like this.

1. I see the thread
2. I want to vote for Zidane
3. I see that Freya is in a tight spot
4. I see that Steiner is tied with her
5. I vote for Steiner

Basically, I would have voted for Zidane, had Freya not been in danger of getting voted off.

JseanjohnC
12-03-2004, 01:34 AM
STEINER needs 2 leave at last! well this seems like a battle w/ one of my fav characters(freya) to my least final fantasy 9 character(steiner) so i hope u guys help me out and get rid of em lol

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 05:50 AM
Crap, I forgot to rig it so Quina would get past the last round. Ah well.

Flashback007
12-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Zidane, annoying little thief, au revoir (goodbye in French :p )

Slade
12-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Phew. Quinas gone. I was afraid i was going to have to get rid of him personally. Anyway, this time i vote for either Vivi or Steiner....probably Steiner cause he was more annoying :D

Faris
12-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Bye Quina :D
Steiner, he annoys me when he walks :mad: , it's just the sound , but he was a good fighter. :)

Danger
12-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Steiner.... annoying, pompous, loud, cannot think for himself.

CloudZidaneFusion
12-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Great, ppl are tactically voting. This is good, because that means ppl will vote for characters other than zidane (The best character, ppl just don't relize) to protect there favorites. Btw, I voted steiner. He is good attacker, but then it ends. Zidane is much better as without the ability to steal, many of the games best stuff would be missed, or at least harder to get. also, if there was no zidane, so many things wouldn't have happened, that the world would have probobly been obliterated.

Trumpet Thief
12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
TrowaRSL: They keep Freya, and heads will be chopped off :mad2:

Auronhart
12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Crap, I forgot to rig it so Quina would get past the last round. Ah well.
Yeah, I was wondering about that with the Dagger loss.:lol:

CloudZidaneFusion
12-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Zidane? Best? Erm.......I don't agree, if anything, it's Vivi because of his awsome Blk Magic, and when you wear shadow absorbibg armor and use Doomsday, it does high damage and heals you. Steiner is much stronger and has better abilities, and if these 2 are not considered the best characters, Quine certainly is.

How dare you! (I pull out one of zidanes 2 sided swords and cut Doomsday clean in half) Vivi is usfull, but without Zidane the story would be very differnt, and Garland would have taken the world.

Auronhart
12-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Garland would have taken the world.
Cool, a plot twist.