PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the original ?

Inferno
12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
I was just wondering... how many of you, crazy people of EOFF, actually have the original game on SNES.

I do. :D

Flying Mullet
12-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I do and I imagine that a lot of people here do.

blue_midget192
12-02-2004, 05:19 PM
i dont :( yet, but i will be getting it as soon as a accumulate enough money to get a snes!

feioncastor
12-02-2004, 07:54 PM
I bought it a few years ago. I actually have two copies of it now, just in case one gives out on me.

Feion

Braindead_Paul
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
I do.
And it was really hard to get in Europe in 1995! ;)

Doomgaze
12-02-2004, 08:19 PM
It's not exactly rare. FF2us, though, that was hard to get.

abrojtm
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I have FFII and FF III (US). The battery died on FFIII though (probably from using the Lete River trick).

blue_midget192
12-02-2004, 11:34 PM
I have FFII and FF III (US). The battery died on FFIII though (probably from using the Lete River trick).

sorry for densness but the what trick?

XxSephirothxX
12-03-2004, 12:47 AM
One of my friends found it in a pawn shop about a year and a half ago for 4 bucks. :D

SeanWY
12-03-2004, 02:36 AM
The original is great, I got it.

I love th MBlock/Evade Glitch.

Just get enough MBlock and nothing can touch you.

feioncastor
12-03-2004, 07:26 AM
sorry for densness but the what trick?
I'm going to list the lete river trick as a spoiler, for those who don't want to see it. Some consider it cheating.

As you know, your journey down the lete river, you have Banon with you. Banon has a handy move called "Health" which heals everyone in your party, and consumes no MP. So what you do is you set the cursor to "Memory" (in the config menu), and head down the river. After the part where it first says "Hey, which way?", You select "Up", and that will take you in a circle. Hook up a turbo controller and pin the A button down so that you will continually go in circles and Banon will automatically heal your party, and have the other three (Terra, Edgar, Sabin) attack. It's good to have Edgar do Auto Crossbow instead of just a regular attack, and if you got the Genji Glove, you should slap that onto Terra so she can attack a bit better. So once you've got that set up, you just turn off your TV and go to bed, school, work etc... and after a few days, your guys will have been traveling in circles the whole time, just fighting on their own, with Banon to heal them. It is interesting that the monsters in that area give INSANE exp for that part of the game. It's almost like the designers wanted us to do this trick.

However, there are some SERIOUS downsides to using this trick, and if you want to know them, let me know, and I'll fill you in. I mean, honestly, the bad does outweigh the good, in my opinion, and I've been through FFVI many times so I have a pretty good grasp on that sort of thing.

Feion

Diablos
12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
So what are the bad things about using this trick? I would have to say that would most probably mess up your snes.

m4tt
12-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I used to have it.. foolish me sold it to Electronic Boutique a while ago for crappy store credit.

feioncastor
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
So what are the bad things about using this trick? I would have to say that would most probably mess up your snes.
Well, it's probably not good to leave your SNES on for 3 days straight, but even aside from that, it makes the game awful, and here is why:

Later on in the game, you get Espers that help you to level up better. For example, Bahamut gives %50 more HP than what you would normally get at level up. So if when you level your max HP would normally increase by 400, with Bahamut equipped, it will increase by 600 instead. But if you gain most of your levels on the river, long before you get Espers, you'll probably never be able to get 9999 HP, and your other stats such as strength and so forth will never be that high either, since normally, you'll have espers equipped as you gain levels. That's not all, either. The game is just no fun if no one is hard. You can kill every boss in one hit from that point on, all the way to Kefka (depending on how long you let them float around out there), and one more funny downside. If you remember, Locke heads for South Figaro right before then, so when you go to do Locke's little mission thing, he's only like lvl 10 or so and your other guys are like lvl 60, and then when Celes joins him, she'll be around lvl 50 and it's just funny because of how weak Locke is now. He eventually catches up when you go to Thamasa with Shadow and General Leo, he automatically goes up to a more fitting level.

Anyway, the game isn't fun at all if you use that trick, and you can't ever get as good anyway, so I recommend going through the game legit before messing with that kind of stuff.

Feion

MoonsEcho
12-03-2004, 06:19 PM
I have it, but sadly my SNES is at my parents' house in Louisiana. I finally broke down and bought Anthology yesterday so I'm not deprived any longer.

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Mine is stolen from a video store. Does that count?

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Mine is stolen from a video store. Does that count?

Finder's keeper, thats what I say.

I'd like it, but I wouldn't kill my mother for it. For two reasons:
1: I wuve my mommie and I need her to feed me, shelter me, and make sure I dont die
2: I don't have a snes to enjoy it

Master.Pug
12-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Got it, loved it, made it look golden like Zelda I & II on NES^^
ok, erase the last 9 words, but owning the original makes me feel... FF6ly^^

Daryl
12-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I have FFIII(us) for SNES. *hugs it*

Danger
12-05-2004, 12:54 AM
The original.... bought it used cause I couldn't afford a new one. This was years before the PS versions came out. I still remember the first time I saw a screen shot on a Nintendo Power magazine..... wow, the graphics were unreal and I made a mental note to myself to buy it... somehow. It was the best forty bucks I ever spent.

screwzloos
12-05-2004, 01:41 AM
yeah i preordered and picked mine up brand new the day it came out. man, that was way back in the day. 10-11-94 is a day that will live in infamy (well, among us rpg geeks at least lol). its awful, i still have the moogle poster on my wall!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Sadly, I had not heard of FF until VII, so when I heard about Anth, that's when I got it.

Hmm, does anyone have the original for Super Famicon? I mean the one that says Final Fantasy VI on the title screen like it does in Anth? That's almost as rare as an American having FFV for SFC, which my friend, Ted, has.

theundeadhero
12-06-2004, 12:11 AM
I have it. Oh joy! A newer question would be which version of it do you have. I started with the original but now have the 2nd one. I've been desperately trying to get another original by buying every copy I find but so far no luck. GRRRR!

blue_midget192
12-06-2004, 12:37 AM
version? well i'v got the PSX discy version :) dammit, not the original :cry:

DJZen
12-06-2004, 05:08 AM

Leaving the console on won't drain the battery. Not playing the game drains the battery as it's used for keeping the RAM alive so your saves don't go "poof".

I bought the original as soon as it came out. I played it pretty much all the time for about 2 years. It was just that fun.

eestlinc
12-06-2004, 05:40 AM
I have both ff3 and ff2 for the SNES. my FF for NES is missing though.

Not Dave
12-10-2004, 09:21 PM
*raises hand*

Dragonfire
12-11-2004, 12:18 AM
i have both the SNES version and the Super Famicom one. and of course the anthologies one.

GooeyToast
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
I bought Anthology for the psone about a year ago, but I just couldn't get into FF6 because it took so freakin' long to load the menu screen!

So, I went on ebay and found the original for $20 (not bad by my personal experiences) and of course bought it.

Now, it's my second favorite ff of all time!

Black Mage FF1
12-15-2004, 01:47 PM
I still have my first copy I bought when it came out. I dont have my book or booklet or map. My damn animals tore them up! :mad2:

one.winged.angel.
12-19-2004, 10:04 PM
i bought mine when ffvii came out because i had an snes and was too cheap to buy a playstation

Sephex
12-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Yeah. I got two copies of it.

I got my first a couple of months after it came out for Christmas. Then another copy mysteriously came into my possesion a couple of years ago.

theundeadhero
12-20-2004, 01:19 PM
For it me least, it's surprisingly not hard to find. Back home in Missouri I can usually find a copy and I've seen a few around where I'm at now too.

BuzzSaw
12-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Got it not too long after it was released and I still have it with my
all level 99 characters almost all the items and lores/spells and crap.
I tried to order FF2us on the back of the poster that it came
with but then they told me they sold out... that sucked. I still have everything for it, the manual, box, all the inserts and even the little plastic bag that it comes in.
I had two other friends that also were into FF and and I remember one of my friends
got the game first then I got it and then my other friend got it.
I also eventually got the anthologies version for FF5.
seems so long ago.

RSL
12-21-2004, 02:52 AM
I do. I begged and begged and begged my mom until she bought it for me. Waaaaay back in the day.

Wow, what am I doing in this forum?

Flying Mullet
12-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Oooh, an RSL sighting in the FFVI forum!

theundeadhero
12-21-2004, 05:00 PM
He's been secretly lurking in it for years.