PDA

View Full Version : Too many characters?

Karsh
12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
In my most humble opinion, I think Chrono Cross had a bit too many playable characters. 10 to 20 would have been better. The reason I say this is that with 40 something characters it's hard to maximize each one's development. Besides that, it really isn't neccesary to have that many. Anyone disagree?

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I agree with that. Most of those characters are useless and I only got them for collection purposes. I'd rather have 7-8 characters with a lot of development than 40, with only a handful get development. It was probably just something Square wanted to try.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Would've been fun if this game was a stragedy based game with 10+ people in a party, but it isn't, so really the only thing you can revel in is the fact that your charisma must be through the roof to have this many people throwing their lives away for your cause.

Karsh
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I think 44 characters would have been okay, if there had been a lot more boss fights with some of them requiring a certain character to be there. Would have been interesting if you could have used the time machine in Viper Manor. This may be a little off topic, but why is it 3/4 of the storyline is on the first disc? It makes me wonder if there are any hidden boss fights that no one has found... like maybe in Viper Manor in the Home world.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Probably because they realised that they had everything they wanted, but it couldn't fit onto one cds, but they didn't want to cut anything. Hence they just shoved it onto two instead, to make sure they got the game they wanted rather than trimming it down immensly (and let's face it it's around 1/4 like you said).

Behold the Void
12-06-2004, 10:43 PM
I like a lot of characters, but only so long as they are properly developed. And on that note, I far prefer larger party sizes if there are so many characters.

DeBlayde
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
I never understood the point of the mushroom guy. or the little blue guy. or the dog. I mean, it's like square went through and thought to themselves, Quickly! We must annimate some useless and altogether kinda dumb aspect of the backgroud for this game! Don't ask questions! just do it! Do it now!! :D

Karsh
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I would have loved it even more if they made it where you could have more than just three in your active party. If you could've had six, I would have ended up with Kid, Leena, Orlha, Harle, Marcy, and Karsh.