PDA

View Full Version : Which console?

Bomber
12-03-2004, 02:21 AM
With the iminant arrival of the PS3 in 2005 (Source: PlayStation Reporter (http://www.psreporter.com/playstation_3_news.html)), I can't help but wonder...

Will FF12 be released for PS2 or PS3? (Or perhaps even both, though I would highly doubt it...)

Dark Ekonis
12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
I heard that PS3 was delayed till 2006, and that FF XII will be released in April '05. I guess you can draw your own conclusions from that..

yunafan01
12-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I know it will be realised for the ps2 because i have been keeping track of these things for a while, yes im a final fantasy freek, but wouldnt i be so ashamed if i got it wrong, its for the ps2, watch x-play or somthing, you will learn alot about this stuff :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
12-03-2004, 11:07 PM
It will indeed be on the PS2, most especially to keep the tradition of three FF's per console (three in the normal numerical line). I-III on NES IV-VI on SNES, VII-IX on PS1, X-XII on PS2.

From what I know of the PS3, it's backwards compatible, so if they do come out around the same time, fans can always play it on thier PS3s, but PS3 wont be out for a while anyway.

Necronopticous
12-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, it's definately on PS2 because it's been developed for PS2, I played the demo on a PS2 disc at E3 so that pretty much says it right there.

...Ya know I never even noticed there were 3 ffs per console... Interesting...

You really think it's tradition? I just think that happens to be the amount they can get out during the active life of a system.

Yumemiru
01-01-2005, 10:17 PM
No...I don't want PS3... I've just bought my PS2 and it's not fair to make FF on PS3...Why don't they make next FFs for PS2 and PS3... They have stoped make FF on PC why have they'll stope make FF for PS2... I haven't goy so much maney to buy PS3... Not now... Why...Please GOD help me...

rubah
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Wasn't ff9 released right before the ps2 came out? And iirc, it hurt their sales quite a bit. . .

and that article is more than two years old. things change a lot in two years sometimes.

Wilder
01-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Is going to be for PS2 yeah, but donīt buy the Ps3 because 3 months later thereīs gonna be the Psthree with the size of a little book, and 3 days later is going to be the awesome PS4 !!!, and then as fast as you can say "take my money , it is in my pocket" youīll have the PS5 , The wonderfull question is , If they can , Why they donīt launch the PS5 now if they actually have the technology ?... well , I have to buy the PSP. bye.

Hiroshino
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I wasn't real too sure which system it'd be for. At first I figured they'd go and release on the newest one for graphics and such but after reading some of the thread, I guess it's going to be on the PS2. Good thing too because my brother has a PS2. ;) Also, notice how the FF's are released for a specific system in a group of three. This is only in reference to FFI-FFXII. FFI-FFIII all have the NES graphics and would probably have no problem running on the NES. FFIV-FFVI all had SNES graphics and all would probably have had no problem with being played on the SNES. FFVII-FFIX all were released for the PSX (Play Station). FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII are all for the PS2. I don't know if FFXI is for the PS2 or if it is just for online use but if it is on the PS2 then you can exclude the sequel *shudders since that broke the tradition of having each story being unrelated to the last* to FFX and add FFXI and it would still be a group of three for a single system. I don't know, I just notice things like that sometimes. But yeah, from the looks of it, FFXII will be for the PS2.

DMKA
01-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Is going to be for PS2 yeah, but donīt buy the Ps3 because 3 months later thereīs gonna be the Psthree with the size of a little book, and 3 days later is going to be the awesome PS4 !!!, and then as fast as you can say "take my money , it is in my pocket" youīll have the PS5 , The wonderfull question is , If they can , Why they donīt launch the PS5 now if they actually have the technology ?... well , I have to buy the PSP. bye.
ooooooooooo kay then...

It will be on PS2. It's been confirmed several times already. End of story. I don't think it would "hurt sells" at all, because FFVI was the last on the SNES and it's one of the highest selling games of all time.

TheAbominatrix
01-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Even if the PS3 came out the day after FFXII comes out, it wont hurt sales because the PS3 is backwards compatible, as I already said. Just like the PS2 is. Of course, the PS3 will have better graphic capabilities and whatnot, but I think it would take a whole hell of a lot to hurt the sales of a 'mainstream' (in the classic numerical order I mean) Final Fantasy game.

DMKA
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Even if the PS3 came out the day after FFXII comes out, it wont hurt sales because the PS3 is backwards compatible, as I already said. Just like the PS2 is. Of course, the PS3 will have better graphic capabilities and whatnot, but I think it would take a whole hell of a lot to hurt the sales of a 'mainstream' (in the classic numerical order I mean) Final Fantasy game.
This is true also.