PDA

View Full Version : Arjan Robben

tomamar04
12-03-2004, 07:23 AM
This guy is amazing! I hate to say that, as I'm a Man U fan but he has been tearing up defences so far this season. I thought he would be a big flop for Chelsea, just like Veron, Crespo or Mutu were. I just wish he was English...

Flashback007
12-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Well, I am a Dutchman, and I am not a great fan of football, but I agree. Arjan Robben is one of the better Dutch footballers. He is known in the Netherlands because he helped us of the penalty-syndrom and because our former bondscoach Dick Advocaat sended him of the field in a game, while he was the best player from whole the game. It made us lose the game. But I have seen what he can do, and it is indeed amazing. I am glad he's a Dutchman.

gokufusionss1
12-03-2004, 10:13 AM
he's only 21, looks older than my dad though.

Cz
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
The feeling around Highbury is unanimous; the first thing we need to do in two weeks time against Chelsea is kick Arjen Robben off the park. It's the only way to deal with him. Of course, with Patrick Vieira out, goodness knows how we're going to achieve that. :D

Doc Sark
12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah and with Bergkamp out too there will be noone to stamp on him either.

he's only 21, looks older than my dad though.

It's so true. LOL.

Robben will be pivotal in the game against Arsenal I believe. I also think it's must win for Arsenal, if Chelsea win then I think realistically they will have an easy ride to the title. With their strength in depth it would seem unlikely that they would lose an 8 point lead should they acquire it. Still, there's one more week to go before that game so it could all change.

tomamar04
12-03-2004, 06:09 PM
It all depends on how Arsenal's defence copes with the Chelsea attack. Arsenal have enough quality going forward. The worrying thing is though that Chelsea seem to have the best defence and the best attack in the league.

With their strength in depth it would seem unlikely that they would lose an 8 point lead should they acquire it.

Bigger leads in the Premiership have been conceded. Remember Newcastle in 96.

Doc Sark
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah I do. Newcastle were severely punching above their weight to be that far ahead anyway. You can't possibly compare Newcastles '96 squad with Chelsea's 2004 squad. There is a massive gulf in quality.