PDA

View Full Version : Super Bosses

Flashback007
12-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Ok, in almost every FF, there was a Super Boss of some sort. And with that I mean a boss who has an enormous amount of HP and isn't the endboss. I would like to list them all, and what they do etc. Just everything about them. I don't know much about the Super Bosses, although I can name a few:

Warmech (FFI)
8 Dragons (FFVI)
All the WEAPONS (FFVII, FFVIII and FFX, FFX-2)
Ozma, Hades (FFIX)

Maybe some pictures are nice too. I have heard a lot about bosses like Shinryuu and Omega from FFV but I never saw them.

Braindead_Paul
12-03-2004, 12:08 PM
FF5:

Shinryuu
http://home.nakhon.net/pipe/GameAll/FinalAll/Final5All/Final5Pic/FF5_BossShinryuu.png
It's just a pallette-swapped version of the common crystal dragon (quite disappointing). You need Coral Rings to survive his Tidal Wave and the best way to beat him is to equip each of your characters with two Dragon Lances and use Jump.

Omega
http://home.nakhon.net/pipe/GameAll/FinalAll/Final5All/Final5Pic/FF5_BossOmega.png
Quite strong but weak to lightning. I beat it with the sorcerers' Bolt3-Swords.

FF6:

I think Atma counts as a optional super boss.
As most of the WoR is optional, there are a lot of "optional" bosses but I don't think they all fit in. Maybe DoomGaze...

Dignified Pauper
12-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Atma wasn't a super boss in FF6

IN FF5, Omega was horrible!

I believe Ozma was the hardest for me.

I hear the Dark Aeons in the international version of FFX were hard.

Ultima Shadow
12-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Ah... I love super bosses! And you're way wrong. :p
A super boss is a boss that's otional AND "harder" than the final boss. And Diamond and Ultimate Weapon in FFVII really isn't even close to deserve to be called super bosses. My poor Ultima Weapon was too weak in FFVII... :cry:
The 8 dragons shouldn't be considered super bosses either since they're all much weaker and easier than Kefka.
Anyway... here's the list:

FF1) Warmech
FF2) *none*
FF3) I'm not sure but as far as I know: *none*
FF4) *none*
FF5) Shinryuu and Omega
FF6) *none*
FF7) Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon
FF8) Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon
FF9) Ozma (Hades is much easier than Neo Kuja and Necron)
FF10) *deep breath* Omega Weapon and... *deep breath again*
Malboro Menace, Kottos, Coeurlregina, Jormungand, Cactuar King, Espada, Abyss Worm, Chimerageist, Don Tonberry, Catoblepas, Abaddon, Vorban, Fenrir, Ornitholestes, Pteryx, Hornet, Vidatu, One-Eye, Jumbo Flanm, Nega Elemental, Tanket, Fafnir, Sleep Sprout, Bomb King, Juggernaut, Ironclad, Greater Sphere, Earth Eater, Catastrophe, Th'uban,Neslug, Ultima Buster, Shinryu, Nemesis, Dark Valefor, Dark Ifrit, Darh Ixion, Dark Shiva, Dark Bahamut, Dark Yojimbo, Dark Anima, Dark magus Sissters and Penance. :D
FF10-2) Oh, well... I won't name all the extremely hard random encounters... I don't have what it takes to do that. :p
Azi Dahkan, Angra Mainyu, Elder Drake, Mega Tonberry, Black Elemental, Concherer, Chac, Trema and Paragon.

Martyr
12-07-2004, 07:15 PM
When Warmech strikes first and kills everybody before you have a chance to run away, then it isn't optional. In my opinion.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Odin and Bahamut might be considered Super Bosses in FFIV.

DarkMaelstrom
12-11-2004, 12:24 AM
i think that Wyvern was WAY harder that Zeromus is FF IV

*note* kefka was EASY i had a harder time withe the white or pearl) dragon than with kefka