PDA

View Full Version : What is the best final fantasy

icemagic
12-03-2004, 02:33 PM
What is the best final fantasy, what do yous think, no flameing just opinions please. :) I personly prefer ff9. i think its the best game :D ever.

Braindead_Paul
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
FFVI, same reason.

Dking'squeen
12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
I;ve never finished nine so I can't say that :whimper: Well, I liked 8 and ten, but I could only vote for one so I chose the first one I played. I liked the swords and characters and abilities on 8 and on X, I liked the aeons and monsters, swords ect...

Flying Mullet
12-03-2004, 10:13 PM
no flameing just opinions please
Technically flaming is just an opinion, albiet a really strong and typcially ignorant one. :p

Seriously, I picked FFVI because I love every aspect of it.

YunaXTidus
12-03-2004, 11:38 PM
i LOVE ten, i liked the aeons, the story and it had good characters and music

escobert
12-03-2004, 11:51 PM
I can't choose between tacticsand 7.

Trumpet Thief
12-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Seriously, I picked FFVI because I love every aspect of it.

chaos: Agreed.

Auronhart
12-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Come on FF8 fans...Still have a long way to go in FF6, so I can't say where it stands yet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Although the gameplay of Tactics is spectacular, I still maintain that storywise Final Fantasy VI is the greatest. Of course Xenogears trumps any Final Fantasy in existance.

louby_4eva
12-04-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm stuck between 8 and 10, wish I could choose two. Guess it'll have to be 8 although I do like them both.

Faris
12-04-2004, 03:35 PM
VIII, :love: i loved playing it soo much, then again it could be that i forgot how all the other ones were like, because i had to restart VIII 4 times before i could finnaly finish it *panics*. either way :love: i loved the music, story line, battle system, limit breaks..... :blahblah:

Chris
12-05-2004, 02:05 AM
It's a tie between: FFVII, FFVIII and FFV.

DarKye-
12-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Final Fantasy VI.
The game that introduced me to the series when it was called Final Fantasy 3. >>;
Love the variety of characters and the freedom you have to use either the character's personal skills or magic.

Flashback007
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
No doubt about it, FFVI is the best. much charachters to choose, much summons. Different sort of "jobs", much spells. Two complete worlds to discover and a great villian. Although great, he has a great laugh.

Remnant
12-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I voted for VI, but it is a close thing between VI and VIII... and VII... and IV.

Meh, probably changes from day to day. I'll go with VI today because there is no single main character, and because Kefka actually causes way more damage than most of the villians manage to do.

Raistlin
12-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics. By far the most underrated and underplayed FF out there, which just happens to be one of the best RPGs ever made.

DarknessFromAbove
12-06-2004, 03:40 AM
I love 'em all, but I had to go with VII. Yay Cloud!

Misfit
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM
I like FFVI, FFT and uh... FFXI, too. :D

Martyr
12-07-2004, 07:52 PM
I bet Final Fantasy 25 is going to kick ass.

Flying Mullet
12-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I bet Final Fantasy 25 is going to kick ass.
I don't know, I didn't find the Moogle Mining mini-game to be much fun... :(

mtyclb
12-07-2004, 08:02 PM
I liked 4, 7, and Tactics.
But 7 was my favorite.

escobert
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics. By far the most underrated and underplayed FF out there, which just happens to be one of the best RPGs ever made.
After this I had to go with Tactics. Agrees with Raist.

Flying Mullet
12-07-2004, 08:30 PM
FF Tactics is awesome but nostalgia carries FFVI higher for me, but FF Tactics would be a close second. Definitely a slew of replay options, strategies and challenges there. Must be why I like those two games the most. :cool:

Ultima Shadow
12-07-2004, 08:59 PM
FFVII... but FFVI is a close second.

NM
12-07-2004, 11:24 PM
FFVII for me. It was the first FF I played, It has a good story, characters and the best final boss of all the FF games i've played.

Lyndiny 1445 4eva
12-07-2004, 11:29 PM
:love: FFVIII IS THE BEST FINAL FANTASY EVER NO DOUBT ABOUT IT FOLKS :love: , i hear bout lots of u sayin FFVI is the best but i havnt got far in it im sorta stuck but frankly so far its aload of pants!!! :mad2:

Flying Mullet
12-07-2004, 11:33 PM
:love: FFVIII IS THE BEST FINAL FANTASY EVER NO DOUBT ABOUT IT FOLKS :love: , i hear bout lots of u sayin FFVI is the best but i havnt got far in it im sorta stuck but frankly so far its aload of pants!!! :mad2:
Please don't turn this into a "That FF sucks" thread. We're here to discuss which Final Fantasies we love. People have their reasons and no one is right or wrong for how they feel about their favorite Final Fantasy.

Lyndiny 1445 4eva
12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
i no dat but i was just givin my opinion on what i fort was a gd ff an a bad ff sos jus givin my opinion do. :cry:

:D got my results from da ff8 test woo hoo :D

You are Squall! A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in the eyes of the opposite sex :love:

Martyr
12-08-2004, 04:27 AM
I already voted for FF1, desperately hoping that I wouldn't be mistaken for an Origins fan.

But I wish that I'd had the foresight to vote other. Not because I think that Mystic Quest is the best, but because I want to have credibility when I say that it deserves to be on the list.

Not Dave
12-08-2004, 10:13 PM
FFV.

Anaisa
12-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Final fantasy VIII is my favorite.

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 06:39 AM
Please don't tell people what they can and can't post in these threads. That is the staff's job. I consider doing so to be a load of pants.

FFVI is the best video game ever created.

Ryth
12-17-2004, 01:19 AM
I haven't played III-VI, Tatics, XI, and some others so I can't say anything about those I didn't like VIII at all (sorry but the junction system annoyed me so much I couldn't bear through it all) and Ix, X, yes X-2, Crystal Chronicles, and Tatics Advance were all good-awesome
but I enjoyed VII's enriching plot and cool characters, Great (for the time) graphics, and sometimes it was kinda funny not very though, and some awesome music (some of them did suck though), and the materia system was very enjoyable I have fun with it (though FFX's was better). While I was tempted to vote IX because it was my first FF and the game that got me going hardcore on video games so it was difficult at the time of choosing a few years back believe me it was a VERY difficult descision but I love VII it was a great game I just hope none of it's many sequels will ruin the legacy, the title, the revolutionary game of 1997.....

FFVIII did have good characters I admit and the story seemed intewresting I didn't get very far. I took an online test for my FFVIII persona I too was Squall! :)

ljkkjlcm9
12-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Well I've Played and beaten them all, including Mystic Quest, through # 9, so I'll rank them from worst to first in my opinion...

10: Hmm, Mystic Quest I'd have to say because it was very different from the typical Final Fantasy game, and didn't have the random battles and navigating of the world map. Some of the bosses and parts of the story were cool though.

9: FFII, the level up system or lack there of, made the game broken as I saw it, did have some cool characters though.

8) FFIV, I know a lot of people will yell at me for this one, but every other FF game, except the MQ and FFII (both ranked below this one), had choices of characters/jobs. This game did not, so you were stuck with certain characters which annoyed me. Story was pretty good though, and some of the moves were pretty cool too.

7) FFIX, don't get me wrong here, this was a great game, however it was a throw back to the classic games, but i did choose the classic games over it because i do not think graphics make a game. It had it's high points, like the combined attacks, but wasn't enough to get it ranked high in my opinion, did have character choice though, not too difficult a game.

6) FFI, the one to start it all. This is the classic, the Final Fantasy of Square back in the day. My first FF game, and my first game. Course, I wasn't the one playing, i was reading the monster chart for health and stuff to help my brother play, but then i played it after that, and have beaten it with all sorts of combinations/ 1 player parties. Great game, not for story, but for variation and difficulty.

5) FFV, Good game with some high and low points. Job system was a good throwback to FFIII which you have yet to see on my list. This game wasn't too difficult for me which sort of makes a Final Fantasy in my opinion. One of the hardest games to max the characters because it takes forever to master every job, but I still did it. Good character development, but not the greatest story of all the games.

4) FFVIII, great game, loved Squall, possibly the best development of a lead character in any FF game, in my opinion of course. Limit breaks were a bit broken in this game, made it way too easy for me towards the end, Junctioning system and the GFs were a cool idea, but not one of the best. Good story, very confusing at times, and a good choice of characters. Magic wasn't really a big use in this game, except summons, and I've always been more of a brute strength player anyways.

3) FFIII, here it is, Final Fantasy III, the first job system. Yes I know it's ranked really high on my list, which may be a surprise. EXTREMELY HARD GAME, especially near the end, requires a ton of time to just level up. The story may have lost you sometimes, but it was actually pretty good. This game had the first wide variety of characters, including the first summon spells, which makes this a high ranker on my list, plus the onion kids are soooo cool.

And of course the top 2 are the most disputed of the best 2 ever, and I agree, they are the best 2, but it's clear to me which is better:

2) FFVII, yes it had the graphics in 3-d, had cool limit breaks, great characters, good story, cool enemies (TURKS!!!) cool magic system which hurt and helped you simultaneously. But it didn't have what it takes to overpower FFVI for the number one spot. I did like the secret characters, but there were secret characters in FFVI and even a secret job in FFV, not really secrets now though. I did not use either secret character much however, and I wish for making sephiroth look so powerful during the game, that he had actually been a difficult boss. Sorry FFVII, not #1 on my list.

1) FFVI, obviously at this point. TONS OF CHARACTERS, so plenty of replay value. They even forced you to use more than just 4 characters at points in the game. Great story, and the best villian in any FF game. Long game as well, even on my about 20th play through now it takes me almost 20 hours to get everything and beat it. First game where everyone can have magic and be a good fighter at the same time, though FFV it could be possible if you mastered all the jobs, which is rarely done. I just love this game. A lot of character development, for each of the many characters. Another cool thing is how the entire second world is optional and it's possible to beat the game with only 3 characters... Edgar, Celes, and Setzer, which... I have done as well. By far the best FF game with the most options to choose from. Should I take the sword, or the esper. Should these 2 characters live or die, who should I level up more and who do I want first in the World of Ruin to make getting the other characters easier? Either way this tops my list as the best Final Fantasy Game ever.

Now people, why trash other Final Fantasy games, when we all know that they are all good in their own right. Some may be better than others, but that's in comparison to eachother, any Final Fantasy game is great compared to most other RPGs, I said most, cause there are some really good other RPGs out there.

Anyways, that's all for my opinion,
THE JACKEL

Crazy the Clown
12-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Do I have to choose?

Takara
12-17-2004, 04:08 PM
FFIV. As if it came as a surprise to anyone... :D

Rusty
12-17-2004, 04:26 PM
I think FFVIII is the best out of the series.

Dreddz
12-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Final Fantasy 7 Plain And Simple