PDA

View Full Version : The most tedious tasks

Necronopticous
12-04-2004, 05:11 PM
What, in your life, do you find to be the most tedious, boring, annoying task that simply has to be done on a regular basis?

For me it's definately doing laundry every damn week although honorable mention goes to any type of car work that needs to be done, I'm overdue for a stupid smog check.

crono_logical
12-04-2004, 05:23 PM
The most tedious thing I've done over the past few years or so is probably timing the subtitles of anime, since it takes such an amazingly long time for such a simple process that needs to be repeated a few hundred times *goes back to doing so* :p

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Getting gas, waking up early.

Breine
12-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Hmm, for me I guess it is cleaning my two rooms (bedroom and living room) even though it is not as dull as it used to be. I mean, it only takes about an hour and a half for me, so it is not really that bad, it is just that it is almost the only task I have to do, except for my job and schoolwork of course.

MoonsEcho
12-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Mopping the floor. Shaving is tedious, too.

Not to sound utterly ignorant, but what exactly is a smog check? I realize you're in CA and there is an abundance of smog in L.A., but what exactly do they do?

Necronopticous
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Getting Gas...Shaving (shudders)

Anyway, Smog Check is a mandatory check for all automobiles to make sure your automobile doesn't produce over a certain amount of pollution. If your car has a problem or is getting old it may not pass in which case you either get it fixed and retest or suffer the consequences. You must have smog certification to get your car registered so no smog = no registration = ticket = money = bad credit = sux0rz.

Logan
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Running the dishwasher. It sounds easy, but if you don't get to them ten seconds after it stops, ants get inside and then the clean dishes aren't clean anymore >:O

MoonsEcho
12-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Anyway, Smog Check is a mandatory check for all automobiles to make sure your automobile doesn't produce over a certain amount of pollution. If your car has a problem or is getting old it may not pass in which case you either get it fixed and retest or suffer the consequences. You must have smog certification to get your car registered so no smog = no registration = ticket = money = bad credit = sux0rz.

Oh, okies, they check the exhaust. Same here, I just thought you meant it was something different with all teh smogginess. :P :D

Running the dishwasher. It sounds easy, but if you don't get to them ten seconds after it stops, ants get inside and then the clean dishes aren't clean anymore

O_O ANTS in the dishwasher? That's sucky. You'd think they would want to AVOID a large machine with hot steam floating around inside of it.

kikimm
12-04-2004, 05:47 PM
^I never did understand ants. I won't try.

The most tedious....is probably anything to do with the dishwasher. It sounds so lame and girly, but I HATE touching all the dishes with disgusting, moldy food in it. Especially when they're floating in dirty, moldy water. *shudders* But it has to be done, I guess.

Also-picking up peaches that have fallen down from the trees in my backward. During the season, we always get about 20 or 30 that fall, open up, and then the flies get inside them....blegh.

:D

Rye
12-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Making my bed, definatly. I hate doing that. :o

Yamaneko
12-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Relieving myself of bodily waste. Whatta bore.

Sacred Phoenix
12-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Collecting and taking out the garbage, laundry (which I only do when i get down to the last pair of underwear or socks, i know, i know), doing my labs for Bio and Chem( two of each, every week) and cleaning my room.

escobert
12-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Reality those annoying moments between blackouts :D

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Anything to do with housework I despise more than anything in the world. I'm rubbish at it, it takes me hours to get it done, i just really hate it

Anaisa
12-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Washing dishes. I wish i had a dishwasher. And any cleaning whatsoever really. Like cleaning the bathroom or changing sheets or hoovering i hate it all.When ive got enough money im gonna pay someone to do all that stuff for me.

Erdrick Holmes
12-05-2004, 02:35 AM
Sleeping.

Baloki
12-05-2004, 03:44 AM
<Jojo> ...gah I'm such a horrible person. T_T make me stop. in the tedious things thread, I'm tempted to post, "Sex; all it is is back and forth, back and forth" ...when did i become like this T_T
<Shipon> It's the old in-out.
<BakaNeko> Probably after talking to me a little earlier
<Bert> xD
<BakaNeko> oh I see
<Jojo> XD
<Jojo> ok someone else post it
<Jojo> *twitch*
* BakaNeko missed the point there entirly
<BakaNeko> Bert do it
<Jojo> paste the convo, bert XD
<Bert> k
* BakaNeko pastes it
<Bert> NO
<Jojo> lmao

Necronopticous
12-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Relieving myself of bodily waste. Whatta bore.
Bathroom + GBA + Dawn of Souls = Not a bore.

ninja-yuffie
12-05-2004, 05:34 PM
[B][I][U] making up excuses not to come shopping with my mate *shuddera* wr does she get all that money?

Eö Telrúnya
12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
I HATE vacuuming! I don't mind polishing, dusting, washing the dishes, grooming the cats (with a special kitty comb we have), cleaning the table or sorting out my room, but I HATE vacuuming!

bennator
12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Shaving... it is quite teh sux.

Polyonymous
12-05-2004, 07:45 PM
i absolutly hate doing the dishes. not because it dirty or gross or anything. im just tired of it... and when i dont do them right when my mom says so, i get yelled at :cry:

theundeadhero
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Working! Yeah, pretty much everything that has to do with that. Getting my hair cut, shaving, cleaning just about anything. Why can't I just be a grunge god, stupid Army. Why must you change me!