PDA

View Full Version : ffx voicing actors?

JseanjohnC
12-04-2004, 06:15 PM
will there be any returning actors doing the english voices as the same as in FFX,X-2 such as Paula Tiso, Hedy Buress, Tara Strong, Gwendoline Yeo,(i 4got a lot of the male actors names) returning? i think that half of them should return in the next one and the other half for another game lol! but i dont think havin Hedy Buress(yuna) again would be necessary because she had so many speaking parts and her voice is very familiar!

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm vouching for John DiMaggio to make a return apperance, if for nothing else than to hear him say "bite my shiny metal ass"

Breine
12-04-2004, 08:25 PM
I don't think any of them should return. I'm not saying they were bad actors, because most of them weren't, but I just think that fans of Final Fantasy very quickly will recognize the voices and that kinda spoils the game and the characters in a way. It would be much better if an entire new cast did the voice overs.

Ouch!
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think any of them should return. I'm not saying they were bad actors, because most of them weren't, but I just think that fans of Final Fantasy very quickly will recognize the voices and that kinda spoils the game and the characters in a way. It would be much better if an entire new cast did the voice overs.
Exactly. It should be a fresh cast. It's a new game, it should be a new experience. Having voices we recognize wouldn't be very fun.

JseanjohnC
12-05-2004, 01:26 AM
unless like John Dimaggio(wakka,khimahri) voices is very talented and does not sound the same in different roles...It totally fooled me when i found out that he voiced both wakka and khimahri! maybe John and Tara Strong would be the only ones that are good 2 b in another one (if not 12)

But I could see :D Paula Tiso totally playing Tifa's voice in a sequel.

Sephex
12-16-2004, 05:48 AM
We need Samuel L. Jackson to voice at least one of them.

Dragon Ash
12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
paula tiso did the voice for some queen in the new star ocean game and she sounded completely different.

NashX
12-16-2004, 05:25 PM
The voice actors should be as unique to the game as the characters, plot and setting. Using the same people over and over will get kinda annoying and besides; people are getting kinda fed up with FFX. I don't think we could stand another game full of Tara Strong. :)

rubah
12-21-2004, 09:17 AM
I was surprised by a lot of the returning actors (like braska's voice actor playing so many NPC roles@.@ that blew my mind) coming back in x-2.

And of course some of the old ones(the main characters, especially kimarhi and wakka@.@) didn't sound anything like I remembered, so who knows.

Ichimonji
12-22-2004, 12:42 PM
It would be nice if some of the FFX voice actors returned to play minor NPCs and random voices. Because it would give you that nostalgic reference feel of the game. Like most Final Fantasies, they're full of pass references. But as Breine and Ouch! said... As good of voice actors as they are, they shouldn't voice the roles of the main characters. A totally new experience is mandatory.