PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever done THIS? *MAD SPOILERS*

feioncastor
12-04-2004, 07:08 PM
I noticed when I beat FF6 (or rather, FF3) the first time, well, I noticed that when it said Shadow's name, I didn't ever save Shadow on the floating continent, so when it showed his name, it showed a picture of his face floating over Thamasa.

So my question is this: If you beat the game with only the four required characters (Celes, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer), do you see those same types of pictures for all of the other characters such as Terra, Cyan and so forth?

And have you ever done it yourself?

And finally, isn't it possible to just skip Sabin and not go to that burning house in Tzen and just head straight for Albrook, and then to Nikeah, so making it only 3 required characters, being Celes, Edgar (Gerad, right?), and Setzer?

Feion

Ironman0723
12-05-2004, 02:15 AM
I've never tried it, but I do know that the only 3 characters you need, are Edgar Setzer and Celes. You don't need Sabin. However, I have been told that at the end, if you only have those three members, a scene is shown in which Terra comes to the floating continent to join the party, making the party an even four for the final battle. Never tried it myself, but It is true.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-05-2004, 02:50 AM
According to Gamefaqs, and my own experience when I tried the CES challenge, Terra's scene occurs b/c you didn't recruit her. The only time I didn't recruit her is when I did the CES challenge, so I don't know if it still occurs if you recruited someone else, too. No, she doesn't join you; she just arrives so there doesn't have to be two endings. Part of what makes the CES challenge hard is you just have the three characters fight Kefka.

I also learned on Gamefaqs and from completing the CES challenge that whenever you fail to recruit someone, they give you a menu portrait of the character while the camera slides over an area, which is a hint to where you can pick them up. Also, depending on certain combinations, some endings are altered. For example, if you have Celes but didn't pick up Locke, the ending is altered, which is logical b/c Locke can't save Celes. Don't worry; I can't remember what happened b/c I've only seen it once a few months ago, but she doesn't die.

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Well I just played through it myself (except I also had Sabin), and the character's face appears over their location if you didn't get them. In Celes's scene, Setzer saves her and tells her that, "Don't fall! Remember, you promised to do your "Maria" act again!" "What a woman! Your life is hanging by a bandana [Locke's Bandana]" Celes then says (after they run off) "This is my good luck charm... Things took a turn for the better when I found this" "Locke, promise me someday you'll look after me again." Terra is also in the ending even if you don't get her. I wonder what changes are made in the Edgar/Sabin scene if you don't get Sabin?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Okay, and they have that extra Terra scene, too, before you fight Kefka, if you also picked up Sabin?

I forget that scene with Edgar sans Sabin, too! But I won't spoil it, like abrojtm just did with Celes. Why don't you do the CES challenge and find out? Load up a save on the Floating Continent or on the island and play through only picking up Edgar and Setzer. It's hard! There's certain magic you can't use b/c you need a character to access certain espers with those magic (no Life/Cure3, Ultima), and your three parties have just one character each. Now fight the three tiers with just 3 characters!

I wonder what would happen if you hacked the game so you could beat Kefka without Edgar and Setzer. What would you need to hack? Just eliminate them from the party roster, or undo a flag that supposedly gets set when they join you? Not having them join you in the tower itself doesn't keep them from having a spot in the ending. I didn't invite 3 characters, even though I had them join my party, but they were still in the ending escaping the tower, even though they are still supposed to be on the Highwind.

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 06:47 PM
The reason that I "spoiled" it was because A) The topic says "MAD SPOILERS", and also B) It was a question asked by the original poster, so I was just answering his question.

I suppose that if you hacked Edgar and Setzer out of the game, the ending would act as if you had them. The programmers wouldn't have programmed in an extra ending that only happened if you hacked the game.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
The topic says "MAD SPOILERS"

Okay, that's a good reason. Sorry.

Someone should probably hack the game and report us on his findings, b/c that would interesting. I think either the ending would just pretend you had them, or it would crash, or they'd fly over the places you'd find them.

Whoa! What's wrong with my avatar?! ... fixed it. For some reason it turned into abrslojtm's avatar.