PDA

View Full Version : Wrong impressions

Xander
12-04-2004, 10:55 PM
What were the things you thought when you joined here, that you were wrong about? Liiiike, about people being male or female maybe, but I'm meaning it could be anything other than that too. But nothing horrible about people of course!

I seriously thought that.. Loony BoB was gay.. it seems funny now. xD But at the time I joined there was some thread about finding him a boyfriend or something??! I thought it for a while anyway. ^^

And of course I thought, Mr.RyuKishi was a GIRL, like, forever, until that day he PMed me. xD Oh and I thought he was scary and mean, which I don't think (so much) now. ^_^ Joking <3

And I thought..Psychotic and Valetine_4_ever were going out together.

That's all I remember now. Your turn!

Kirobaito
12-04-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm never sure I actually thought anyone was a girl when they were a boy, or vice versa, but I was occassionally unsure about genders, like with Kawaii Ryukishi and Chaos.

Psychotic
12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I thought Loony BoB owned EoFF. My my, the day THAT happens we'll be in trouble! :p

I also thought Kawaii Ryűkishi was some sort of god. Oh wait...he is, isn't he?

Del Murder
12-04-2004, 11:06 PM
I thought Yams was a big jerk and that Calliope was a boy.

Xander
12-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Oooh, and I thought Calliope was pronounced "Cally-Ope-E". xD

Psychotic
12-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Oooh, and I thought Calliope was pronounced "Cally-Ope-E". xD
Same for me, but replace Calliope with Unne and "Cally-Ope-E" with "Dr Oon-ay" :)

Kirobaito
12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm worse; I thought it was just "Cally-ope," not "cuh-LY-opee."

Giggles
12-05-2004, 12:16 AM
I thought Leeza was a man @_@

In my defense, I thought this because she had a guy's picture as her avatar, and I am easily confused.

<3Leeza!

Giga Guess
12-05-2004, 12:30 AM
I, too, thought 'Kishi was a she. Now I realize Square-bots have no gender...:p

I also thought the Cid's Knights were these huge imposing figures. Now I see they're just really cool.

Psychotic
12-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I also thought the Cid's Knights were these huge imposing figures. Now I see they're just really cool.When did Yams do anything cool? :p

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Burn!

kikimm
12-05-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm worse; I thought it was just "Cally-ope," not "cuh-LY-opee."

Crap.

:D

MoonsEcho
12-05-2004, 01:19 AM
I thought that Farah was a girl up until five minutes ago when I read Proto's commentary on the Ciddie Finalists >_>;;

I'm sure that I have more, but that was what came immediately to mind.

Logan
12-05-2004, 01:39 AM
I thought PG (ShlupMoo) was a girl. :D

zacks_clone
12-05-2004, 01:43 AM
I dont think I have ever gotten genders confused here, come to think of it.

Giga Guess
12-05-2004, 01:48 AM
When did Yams do anything cool? :p

Okay, MOST.

*NOTE: Please don't kill me Yams, I was kidding....*

Faris
12-05-2004, 01:53 AM
I thought PG (ShlupMoo) was a girl. :D
i didn't understand the split personalities untill someone explained it to me ^_^;

Chris
12-05-2004, 01:56 AM
I have NO idea about anyone :confused:

Yamaneko
12-05-2004, 01:56 AM
I still don't know how to pronounce "Calliope".

Off the top of my head, the following people were their opposite gender when I/they first joined:

Britt
clout
Shlup
I can't remember if I ever thought Kishi was a girl. Maybe.
Chaos
I thought Psychotic was a guy when she first joined.

I thought Del was younger than me, I think.

Psychotic
12-05-2004, 01:58 AM
I thought Psychotic was a guy when she first joined.Not you too?! Everyone thinks that :whimper:

I'm a lady, through and through!

MoonsEcho
12-05-2004, 02:15 AM
I still don't know how to pronounce "Calliope".

Hasn't anyone ever seen Dumbo's Circus?

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Seriously.

escobert
12-05-2004, 02:31 AM
i didn't understand the split personalities untill someone explained it to me ^_^;
PG has split personalitys? :O_O:

Faris
12-05-2004, 02:37 AM
PG has split personalitys? :O_O:
i didn't mean PG

escobert
12-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Ohh I was gonna say... :D

Denmark
12-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Not you too?! Everyone thinks that :whimper:

I'm a lady, through and through!

where's my signed photo?

I thought RyuKishi (aka Lindy) was a girl. ^_^

Nait = Nate not Nite!

Jojee
12-05-2004, 03:20 AM
o__0 Calliope isn't Callie-oh-pee?

And I thought Baloki was such a nice and innocent gentlemen kind of person ^_^ Then last night happened...

* BakaNeko blows bubbles not people...
BakaNeko> WTF
BakaNeko> That last comment is wrong
Jojo> ....lol XD
BakaNeko> wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong
Bert> rigt right right
* BakaNeko hits self over head
Jojo> damn right it's wrong, loki
Jojo> that's not what you said last night
BakaNeko> nooooooooo
* BakaNeko cries into his sleep
* BakaNeko last night is our secret don't spoil its beauty on these heathens :P
Jojo> ohok ^^

Baloki
12-05-2004, 03:24 AM
And then you ask me if I'm coming ;_;

Its 3:30 and I've had super noodles what do you expect, clean sense to come out of my mouth, ewwww, naughty mouth words...

*breaks down crying or something*

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 03:26 AM
Cuh. Ly. Oh. Pee.

I thought Baloki was Loki, even though I have no idea who that is either. There are so many members here that I just group them into bunches so that in my head there are only about 8, and four of those are just second accounts of Linus.

Jojee
12-05-2004, 03:26 AM
And then you ask me if I'm coming ;_;

I think it was the other way around ^^

<3 *huggles* :tongue:

Edit:

Denmark> don't believe him, everything Loks says is dirty
Bert> yup
Denmark> like he's eating super noodles.
BakaNeko> I was
BakaNeko> Sweet and Sour ones
Jojo> oh my
Jojo> XD
BakaNeko> They tasted nasty, especially when I ate many at a time
Denmark> xDDDDDDDD

Conclusion: BALOKI IS DIRTY OLD MAN. :confused:

Baloki
12-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Look, late nights, lack of drinks, too much RPG's and #eoof are bad for me, ok?

Edit: Oh and sweet and sour super noodles too as they give me bad stomach cramp I have just found out ;_;

Peegee
12-05-2004, 08:46 AM
When I joined everybody was very gender specific, so I had no problems telling whether Dr Unne was a guy or Shlupquack was a girl...though I actually didn't KNOW (or know of, rather) those two until later.

I had the impression that spuuky was hot though. Now he isn't :(

Cz
12-05-2004, 12:15 PM
I thought Dr. Unne was a real doctor. :exdee:

Female Ryuichi
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
And I thought..Psychotic and Valetine_4_ever were going out together.

I think we did for a bit as well. :D

Anyway, I thought Loony BoB was like Shrina at first...and that Baloki was an idiot...wait....

Eö Telrúnya
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
I used to think this place was boring and uneventful.

But now... Well... :love:

Meat Puppet
12-05-2004, 01:05 PM
I thought Psy was a 36 year old woman from Finland.

That's about it. I er.. think.

Dignified Pauper
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I thought this place was actually linked up to a mental ward and that the majority of the posters were patients, even some of the staff, other's on the administration of the forum were the faculty of the staff of the hospital... I mean look at Rubedo/Chaos boy, and all the other oddballs here...

Wait, i wasn't wrong about that... nevermind. Nope, place seemed pretty obvious to me.

Raistlin
12-05-2004, 03:41 PM
I thought Bleys(then Bastard Son) was a spammy jerk when he first posted.

I thought Britt(then BrittK 007) was a spammy, whiney little newbie from tGA when he first posted.

Oh wait, this is wrong impressions?

Loony BoB
12-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Please note, everyone, while I am addicted to Matt, Bleys and Spiffers, I'm not gay. I'm actually mildly homophobic (not to be confused with anti-homosexual).

Most of my first impressions were actually pretty accurate at the time. I still say Cal (like Kel-ly) e (like me) o (like d'oh) pee (like me again). I'm pretty sure Nikkei has told me I say it wrong but I never cared. :) I might have thought Kishi was a guy, but otherwise I think I was right on most things. Oh! Vivi, who became Dee. Thought she was a guy for a while.

Baloki
12-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Please note, everyone, while I am addicted to Matt, Bleys and Spiffers, I'm not gay. I'm actually mildly homophobic (not to be confused with anti-homosexual).

Most of my first impressions were actually pretty accurate at the time. I still say Cal (like Kel-ly) e (like me) o (like d'oh) pee (like me again). I'm pretty sure Nikkei has told me I say it wrong but I never cared. :) I might have thought Kishi was a guy, but otherwise I think I was right on most things. Oh! Vivi, who became Dee. Thought she was a guy for a while.

And Zacks_clone I remember you got confused :P

Loony BoB
12-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh, yeah. Pretty bad job of a clone. :mad2:

Baloki
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
How do we know Zack wasn't orginally a girl?

zacks_clone
12-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh, yeah. Pretty bad job of a clone. :mad2

:D

How do we know Zack wasn't orginally a girl?

Good question. Oh...Scary cross dressing/sex change images. :: shivers ::

Fuzakeru
12-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I thought Loony BoB owned the place and was nice but one of those guys you never talk too cause they are too important. =/
I thought Squinn was an alcoholic ( cause I was offered alcohol in my newbie thread ) but really nice.
I thought PG was really sweet and just misunderstood and hot.
I mixed up a lot of genders.
I had a slight crush on Big D so he was awesome.
Sapphire was a role model cause of the awesome sparklys and anime signature.
I thought Yam-Man was a meany.
I thought Pyschotic was too cool to ever talk to me.
I figured Rye to be a bitch. ( I was very wrong! I don't even know why I had this impression!! I love Rye-Rye! <3 )
I was jealous of Misfit's popularity.
HOOTERS scared me.
RSL was to cool to ever approach. ( I don't mean that in a mean way either. You know how you just see the cool kids but you know you can't approach them because they are much cooler than you so you just worship them from afar . . . or something. Yeah. )
This also applies to Proto.
Del Murder as well. ( I sometimes think that even now. )
And Gau ( that's how the name was, right? ) was in that category too.
Mik was sexy and an alcoholic.
Akumouaouaosu124091892048 was a weirdo that I was afraid of.
I thought of Leeza as EoFF's mom.
TheAbominatrix was soooo cool. I wanted to be like her!
Linus terrified me. I thought if I said anything to him he'd ridicule me until I died.
Vincent06 was really, really nice to me so I thought he was cool. Plus, he sang me Happy Birthday last year. ^_^

I know I had other impressions of others but I can't quite recall them all. Those were my first impressions though. <3 Most of them have changed cause I think you all suck now. H437, kthnx. :love:

Psychotic
12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
I thought Yam-Man was a meany.
I thought Pyschotic was too cool to ever talk to me.
I was jealous of Misfit's popularity.
Yams? Mean? Ha! Never let it be said! He's a teddy bear :)

But I AM too cool to talk to you. I'm too cool to talk to anyone on this planet, but I'm a generous sort of guy...when people spell my name right!

...and since when was Shay ever popular? She's a dork! :love:

Fuzakeru
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
But I AM too cool to talk to you. I'm too cool to talk to anyone on this planet, but I'm a generous sort of guy...when people spell my name right!

Pysshcoticsk? I thought I did spell it right. :rolleyes2 Fred.

Psychotic
12-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Pysshcoticsk? I thought I did spell it right. :rolleyes2 Fred.My list of people who are allowed to talk to me:

<s>Adolf Hitler</s> (Pychisytic)
<s>Meat Puppet</s> (Pyschotic)
<s>Buzz Aldrin </s> (Psyhcitc)
<s>Baloki</s> (Psycotic)
RSL
<s>Dr Unne</s> (SEXXXY BOY)
<s>Fuzakeru</s> (Pysshcoticsk)

...RSL is the only one left! I'm going to be a lonely Psy :(

Fuzakeru
12-05-2004, 09:42 PM
My list of people who are allowed to talk to me:

<s>Baloki</s> (Psycotic)
RSL

Adolf never spelled my name wrong so he's still my friend. :tongue:
Now I'm curious to know what everyone thought of me when I first arrived here. =/ But I came after all the cool people did, or at least the majority.

Calliope
12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
I had the impression that spuuky was hot though. Now he isn't :(

*glare*

Now, back to discussing the pronounciation of my name. NOW.

DarknessFromAbove
12-05-2004, 09:46 PM
. . . uh, well I don't even know what to think of every one now. . . But, just so the wrong impressions arn't given about me; I'm 15, female, I have a split personality, and can be a total bitch at times, and often over react at small things, I'm a bit clumsy, can't spell, and a total nerd. . . I guess that covers me. . . I'll just have to pay close attention to the rest of you and try not to get the wrong impressions of you all, as well as not turning you all against me, as people tend to do that to me. . .

Psychotic
12-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Now I'm curious to know what everyone thought of me when I first arrived here. =/I thought you had really really short hair...like of lesbian proportions.

It's the name Steph that does that. Every single one I've met...all....two...but still! :minicid:

Fuzakeru
12-05-2004, 09:52 PM
I thought you had really really short hair...like of lesbian proportions.

It's the name Steph that does that. Every single one I've met...all....two...but still! :minicid:

Psy, when I first joined here I had short hair but not like I'm guessing you're guessing. =/ I like breasts, that does not make me a lesbian.
I remember someone was sad in my newbie thread cause my name was Stephanie and their ex girlfriend's name was Stephanie or something and I felt bad about it. O_o;; Oh well!

Calliope - Cali ( like shortened form of California. ) Oh! Pee. That's what I first thought when I saw your name. I'm guessing I was disturbingly wrong though. :moose:

Raistlin
12-05-2004, 09:55 PM
*glare*

Now, back to discussing the pronounciation of my name. NOW.

Cal - ee - oh - pee.

Only way to pronounce it.

Yamaneko
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Then I've been saying it correctly all along. You people make things harder than they are.

escobert
12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Cal - ee - oh - pee.

Only way to pronounce it.
Yup.

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
When I first joined I thought RSL was just some guy. Understatement of the century.

MoonsEcho
12-05-2004, 10:47 PM
KUH. LYE. OH. PEE.

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM
AR. ESS. EL.

Raistlin
12-06-2004, 01:21 AM
AR. ESS. EL.
Or as Umy would say, Arse-el.

Calliope
12-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Russ-ill :D

theundeadhero
12-06-2004, 01:51 AM
I have the conception that nobody likes me. I'm soco-phobic stupid that way. It might be true though.

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 03:13 AM
When I first joined I didn't realize that everyone was so much like RSL.

MoonsEcho
12-06-2004, 10:54 PM
I used to (and still do, actually) wonder how Baloki can get Tails' name wrong if he is such a fan. O_o

Borry!
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
When I first joined here I thought I had finally joined a sober Final Fantasy site.

I was wrong. :(

MoonsEcho
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Ha! Silliness. Sober is for pansies.

SomethingBig
12-06-2004, 11:26 PM
I once thought Loony Bob was actually Loony... I was wrong. :'(

zacks_clone
12-06-2004, 11:44 PM
My list of people who are allowed to talk to me:

<s>Baloki</s> (Psycotic)
RSL

I've never spelt your name wrong^_^(maybe cause I've never spelt it:P)

Loony BoB
12-07-2004, 12:02 AM
I once thought Loony Bob was actually Loony... I was wrong. :'(
BoB*

I actually used to be pretty damned Loony. Chances are I'm less loony here because there are rules in place and I have to enforce 'em. I'm not a nutter, but I have been known to do things like roly-polying down both the up and down escalator-ramp-type-things at shopping malls, jumping into zoo enclosures, running down a street squalking like a seagull (I do a great seagull impression), talking in very-over-the-top comical English accents at a high volume with Nicky around West City, stuff like that. I got the nickname offline, not on. :p Now, if you wanted to see me hyper online, the only thing that REALLY comes to mind would be Horny_Hamburger, but we won't go there. Dangerous. >_>;

eestlinc
12-07-2004, 12:22 AM
I thought Dr Disco was the coolest person ever.

-N-
12-08-2004, 07:01 AM
I thought this place would die out and everyone would move on. But I hoped it wouldn't. Yay hope. :)

Eö Telrúnya
12-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Psychotic told me that everyone here sucks (except for him). o_O

The Captain
12-08-2004, 07:14 AM
This was the first forum I joined in any aspect as I was still getting the hang of using a computer, so I was unsure how to properly phrase answers or how to communicate when people would use "Internet Speak". I had a sneaking suspicion that I was overanalyzing folk's problems and that instead of being helpful, my responses were just long-winded and annoying, which to a good extent, they still are. Yet, I am now comfortable enough to readily engage in conversation with anyone.

It's tough to really ever read into anyone from just posts, but luckily for me, I've gotten to know more than a few folks as the people behind the words and was able to draw real understanding of them and not impressions which a lot of times end up being wrong.

I'm still constantly in awe at the diversity of people, opinions, and concepts that go on around here as well as the vast amount of knowledge that people share on topics ranging from FF to love and the like. Truly a haven for those who seek a place to learn and grow.

Take care all.

Necronopticous
12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I was under the impression when I first arrived that most of the members here would be die hard Final Fantasy geeks and I've come to find out that I couldn't have been more wrong. A very good chunk of the members don't even particularly like Final Fantasy all that much, if at all. It makes me sad.

Auronhart
12-08-2004, 08:42 AM
I was under the impression when I first arrived that most of the members here would be die hard Final Fantasy geeks and I've come to find out that I couldn't have been more wrong. A very good chunk of the members don't even particularly like Final Fantasy all that much, if at all. It makes me sad.
Hmm, that is kind of how I felt too. :(

bennator
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM

I was a hardcore FF geek when I joined, but not anymore...my interest in EoFF has lasted much longer than my interest in FF, that's for sure; I think that's true for a number of people here.

Cz
12-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Indeed it has. All the FF topics have been discussed time and time again, and so anyone who's been here for over two years will probably be bored of FF discussion. It's a shame that's how it works out, but there's only so many 'Favourite _____' threads you can do before it gets monotonous. That's why most of the long-term members tend to hang around GC nowadays.