PDA

View Full Version : So which should I buy?

robfinalfantasy
12-05-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing FFXI, but am not sure whether I should buy it for the PS2 or my PC. Which should I go for?

PC specifications:
224 MB of RAM
1.67 GHz AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR video card
33.8 GB hard drive, 9.32 GB free

Roogle
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Playstation 2.

Lich3636
12-05-2004, 09:39 PM
I have the pc and i never lag but it ussualy will crash cause a pop up will get through the ps2 dosent get pop ups but many of my friends with ps2 complain about lag also the ps2 dosent have as much control as a keybord unless you buy the ps2 keybord id go with ps2 because im so sick of getting dcd because of a pop up but then thats just me also you would probably have to upgrade your comp if you want as good as you can get out of this game

Rydia of Mist
12-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Unless you wanted to do some spending to upgrade your computer so it could run decently, I'd recommend the PS2 version. Yes, you have to buy the PS2 hard drive to play, but it'd still be cheaper than upgrading your RAM and graphics card, which are what really need to be boosted if you want the game to look good.

And you don't need a PS2 keyboard; you can use any USB-connector keyboard, since the PS2 happens to have handy-dandy USB ports on the front of it.