PDA

View Full Version : Can Christmas Start?

Dking'squeen
12-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Sheesh. I keep seeing all of these Christmas specials. Next SUnday or tomorrow, Grandma got Ran Over By a Raindeer is coming on. there was a christmas special on Soul Train today. Stations are playing christmas songs. I mean sheesh Can it stop being Thanksgiving before you start playing christmas stuff? On Thanksgiving, they were already planning a christmas special the next day! I want to know if i'm the only one who finds this utterly annoying.

zacks_clone
12-05-2004, 04:18 AM
I wish they would wait until Decemeber before the christmas specials-but other then that nothing bothers me. I love Christmas:P and the shows,specials and music. heck, i sing 12 days of Christmas in the middle of july:P

Dking'squeen
12-05-2004, 04:19 AM
The holiday has yet to start either. the tv stations are boring everyone to death already! On christmas, don't bother turning on your tv unless yu're watching movies because the same stupid christmas specials that played two months before are gonna be on too.
"Kiss Saves Santa" ;)

kikimm
12-05-2004, 04:20 AM
Heh. They always start holidays way too early. It really bothers me when I see christmas trees in the stores when I haven't even eating mah turkey. But eh. There's nothing I can do about it. The only reason I'm looking forward to Christmas is so I can get my stupid soundtrack, and to relax for about 3 weeks. *sigh* Why does it seem like you can never get enough sleep?

:D

Logan
12-05-2004, 04:48 AM
I don't mind because I like Christmas music.

pooter7799
12-05-2004, 05:17 AM
i like christmas but i hate all the hype around it it pisses me off to no end one of these daYS I'M GONNA GO SOME WHERE WHERE THEY DONT CELEBRATE IT AND WAIT IT OUT AND HAVE MY OWN PRIVATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT ANY PCSYKO RELATIVES AROUND

Yamaneko
12-05-2004, 05:30 AM
If you have a better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus I'd like to hear it.

DeBlayde
12-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Go to a primarily Muslim or Hindu country. Or go to both! India! woo hoo!! I'm sure they wouldn't have Christmas there. I wonder how much hype Ramadan gets? It's a period of fasting, right? I bet the Walmarts in those countries still try and sell Ramadan Decorations. :mad:

*grumble grumble* stupid walmart. stupid consumerism making everything superficial.

MoonsEcho
12-05-2004, 08:59 AM
I like all the Christmasey stuff. It's supposed to be a festive season. Sheesh. And the day after Thanksgiving is fine and dandy with me for a starting point. I mean, the day after Thanksgiving means that Thanksgiving IS over.

I'M GONNA GO SOME WHERE WHERE THEY DONT CELEBRATE IT AND WAIT IT OUT AND HAVE MY OWN PRIVATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT ANY PCSYKO RELATIVES AROUND

Psycho, perhaps?

Shlup
12-05-2004, 09:04 AM
I guess I haven't been watching much TV 'cause I haven't seen any Xmas stuff except for decorations around town and the house, which I like so its cool.

Female Ryuichi
12-05-2004, 11:53 AM
I have a great mental block against anything Christmassy when I'm in the middle of despair, and since that's what I am in at the mo, I haven't really noticed, beyond saving money for presents.

I only tend to notice Christmas on the last week of term after my exams :greenie: .

Eö Telrúnya
12-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Grandma got Ran Over By a Raindeer

Yikes! I've not heard of that one before. It doesn't sound too nice.

Christmas starts earlier every single year. If this keeps up, we'll be celebrating Christmas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round!

Dking'squeen
12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Yikes! I've not heard of that one before. It doesn't sound too nice.

It's a christmas song and a cartoon movie that they're already playing. It'll come on on christmas too. I like christmas and all, but I mean, can it be the week of christmas before you have the specials?

Rye
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Grandma Got Ran Over By A Raindeer owns like every Christmas special except for the original Rudolph, and possibly the original Frosty.

I haven't seen enough Christmas specials. I can't wait until Rudolph comes on.

theundeadhero
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
My family put up Christmas decorations last Thursday and I skipped out to spend time with my Cher baby. I felt so bad and wanted to be there but I it just couldn't happen. Now I feel like dirt.

Fuzakeru
12-06-2004, 01:06 AM
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 Pack of Bud
11 Wr'astlin Tickets
10 Copenhagen ( msp )
9 Years Probation
8 Table Dancers
7 Packs of Redman
6 Cans of Spam
5 Flannel Shirts
4 Big Mud Tires
3 Shotgun Shells
2 Huntin' Dogs
And some parts to a Mustang GT

MoonsEcho
12-06-2004, 02:51 AM
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 Pack of Bud
11 Wr'astlin Tickets
10 Copenhagen ( msp )
9 Years Probation
8 Table Dancers
7 Packs of Redman
6 Cans of Spam
5 Flannel Shirts
4 Big Mud Tires
3 Shotgun Shells
2 Huntin' Dogs
And some parts to a Mustang GT

:love:

Mickey's Christmas Carol is one of my favorites. And Rudolph. And Rudolph's Shiny New Year. That one about the little donkey with the long ears always makes me sad, though.