PDA

View Full Version : The Passion

Sweet Beloved
12-05-2004, 06:19 AM
Okay. Now, what did you think about the Passion Of the Christ? Did it ever chage your life?

Lon611
12-05-2004, 07:24 AM
i wouldnt' say it changed my life, but it did however, really hit home in the sense that it showed me how gruesome HE died. i understood before i watched the movie that he was whipped, and everything else that happend to HIM, but it never really hit home how cruel and painful those things were until they were put together visually. i say its a gr8 movie for everyone, though, not just christians or jews

Necronopticous
12-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Great film, I cried when I saw it in theatres and it was horribly, horribly beautiful. Well made and inspired. Its one of those movies that is good because it makes you come out of it feeling bad and dirty. Any movie that can pull those kinds of strings is a good movie in my opinion.

The only movie that's ever changed my life was Moto X Kids because a fat kid is replaced by a monkey on a motorcycle racing team.

nik0tine
12-06-2004, 03:41 AM
I never saw it because I thought that it is wrong for a person to exploit a religion in that way. However, I am not sure if that is really what happened.

DMKA
12-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I thought it was a horrible movie.

ApocalypticLeon
12-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Horrible? No way!

Sure, it was gruesome, but not close to horrible! I thought it was great, but the resurection was't very charming.

GhandiOwnsYou
12-14-2004, 03:58 AM
you're gonna end up with a hundred thousand different views on this.

the whoring of a religion
Anti-semitism running rampant
too gruesome to be effective
Life-altering and magnificent

there are too many to count. The only thing you can credit it with, and this only with the right mindset, is that it was the torment and brutal treatment of a man who deserved none of it.

Religious folk will take it as the ultimate sacrifice, atheists will take it to be a self-riteous example that need not have been made, undecided folk will vary, and it will serve on to polarize anyone who see's it really. I'm a christian myself, and i saw it with a great sense of respect. not crying, not weeping for my god, but respect that he would care so much to endure something like that for us. believer or not, you must respect the fact that for his own ideology and belief, he was willing to take that burden without cracking. and as far as money, i do not believe for one second that mel gibson made this film for money. Had he tried to make money on it, he could ahve called in the biggest star power in the country. He's mel gibson, think about it. Why would he create such a controversial picture, so involved with his own personal beliefs, filled with little known actors and actress's, in dead languages, with his own money? He felt it needed to be made, he felt it would further his religion. I heard about this film long before it was made, my latin teacher got a memo due to the inclusion of ancient languages when production was begun. none of us thought it would even make it to theaters. no one did at that time, that just goes to show that this idea was not on his mind.

anyway, continue on with the discussion, i've said my peace.

BatChao
12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
As a movie, it was okay... not much is explained, and it focuses too much on the beating. The plot is pretty thin and the characters aren't really fleshed out. But then again, you're supposed to know who these people are, but what about us who don't know anything about the bible? I don't know anything about it and had to ask my friend what the hell was going on most of the time. In that sense, it falls somewhat short as a movie. But I do understand it was meant to be more of a message or something... I'm not too sure. I don't believe in Christianity or that Jesus was the son of any god, so the I can only judge it as a movie, and as a movie it was average.

Crazy the Clown
12-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Never saw it. But then again, we shouldn't be focusing on how Jesus died. Instead, we should be focusing on how he lived. :aimangel:

Shoeberto
12-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Never saw it. But then again, we shouldn't be focusing on how Jesus died. Instead, we should be focusing on how he lived. :aimangel:
That's my same thoughts on the situation, and for that purpose I see it as exploitation...and considering what happened during the production (such as the man who played Jesus getting struck by lightning...twice) make me think it is something that shouldn't have been.

But I haven't seen it, so I can't talk much.

Sweet Beloved
12-30-2004, 02:57 PM
That's my same thoughts on the situation, and for that purpose I see it as exploitation...and considering what happened during the production (such as the man who played Jesus getting struck by lightning...twice) make me think it is something that shouldn't have been.

But I haven't seen it, so I can't talk much.

I agree. I believe that we should focus on the very same thing.

Rye
12-30-2004, 03:28 PM
It frightened me, though it was an excellent movie, for religious people or not.

ApocalypticLeon
01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
As a movie, it was okay... not much is explained, and it focuses too much on the beating. The plot is pretty thin and the characters aren't really fleshed out. But then again, you're supposed to know who these people are, but what about us who don't know anything about the bible? I don't know anything about it and had to ask my friend what the hell was going on most of the time. In that sense, it falls somewhat short as a movie. But I do understand it was meant to be more of a message or something... I'm not too sure. I don't believe in Christianity or that Jesus was the son of any god, so the I can only judge it as a movie, and as a movie it was average.

The beating was to emphasize the point: Jesus took all that straight forward for each of you, which is what Mel was trying to show you, gore and all. I thought it was a great movie, even with the blood. To be frank, I think the actual beating and crucifixion was probably more gruesome then what could be redone in any movie. In any event, it was a very nice piece of work, and it took me even closer to God.

Croyles
01-11-2005, 10:54 PM
i dont think something the stories of christ should be told in movies as they have too much brainwashing power.

I am not an atheist or religous person so i dont really mind, but i dont think Mel Gibson knew what he was letting himself into.

Pouring Rain
01-02-2006, 05:34 PM
It frightened me, though it was an excellent movie, for religious people or not.I agree. That movie was very gruesome, with the way Jesus was tortured, but it is still an awesome movie, for everybody. *has the calender, DVD, and VHS* Calender = very gruesome ;__;

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-10-2006, 11:56 PM
The Passion was the movie that showed me more in depth what happened to christ
But the life of the man was what mattered most.
Conviction is all that matters.
Cus while everyone sais what they believe in is wright we have no way of knowing. What you believe in while here on earth is what matters I dont believe all Atheists will go to hell but I dont believe they will go to heaven I believe they will rot in the ground as they chose to believe. So with that said don diss the J-Dawg

Shoeberto
01-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Please don't revive year-old threads.

And I have no clue how this ended up in the art forum.