PDA

View Full Version : Omega Dungeon Treasure Chests...Gone?

Optium
12-05-2004, 03:51 PM
So I've come to the Omega Dungeon and tried to get some of the chests
and of course I ran into a couple of traps, and the chests disappeared, but
even when i save or leave, they don't reappear when I come back. Is there
something I need to do? :\

.opt

Lon611
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
i believe those chests are just traps for monsters, but im not 100% positive. either way, i don't recall them holding something worthwhile, so don't be bummed if they DID have something. ;)

Optium
12-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Nah they're supposed to hold a bunch of items, the last of them being
99 Warp Spheres, but you have to open 12 of them in a row without
saving or getting into a fight with 1 of the traps.

.opt

Lon611
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Nah they're supposed to hold a bunch of items, the last of them being 99 Warp Spheres, but you have to open 12 of them in a row without saving or getting into a fight with 1 of the traps.

i've actually never heard that before. i would assume that u get 99 warp spheres from unlocking one of the monster arena monsters, most likely the original creations, but i forget which one...

either way there is no way to get back the treasure chests i believe. i've been there countless times collecting monsters for the nemesis side quest and the chests never reappear, which might possibly mean that either there are no warp spheres or that u have to be extremely good. then again, im not 100% sure. would u tell me where you heard about that? :confused:

Optium
12-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Check out the Omega Ruins faq on Gamefaqs...it says that it's nearly
impossible to do it but there's a guy who found a way to make it much
easier. Iut it says that if you do get a trap chest, you have to go back
to the save point and save, then try again, but when I save or leave the
Ruins, the chests don't respawn and it doesn't say anything about how to
make them respawn in any faqs...:\

.opt

abrojtm
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
They don't respawn. If it were easy to make them respawn, there wouldn't be such great prizes, now would there?

Optium
12-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Good point, I was just under the impression that people kept trying, I guess
they just reset as soon as they got a trap. Damn.

.opt

nikkos123
06-14-2008, 12:37 PM
you have to click X on your controller at exactly the beat of the background music. It doesn't matter which box you open, just make sure you click the X button exactly on the beat of the song. Some parts of the song have 3 beats per bar and some have 4. I haven't quite done it yet because it's quite hard but it has to be exact.

If you fail, reset and try again. If you have saved it after opening some boxes then you can only climb up the treasure list how ever many boxes are left.

nikkos123
06-14-2008, 12:38 PM
also make sure you have some room for weapons. If you open a box with a weapon in and you have to swap it for another weapon you already have and after you close that screen the music disapears, annoying because you can't hear the beat!

Reasoniamalive
06-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't know about the beat of the music helping you open and keep the treasures...

Here's what I DO know.

1) They are one-time chests that disappear when you open one and its a trap.
2) There's up to 12 items...none of which are RLY great. There happen to be 2 Level 4 Key Spheres, 1 or 2 Level 3 Key Spheres, an armlet and bracer - one has fire, ice, lightningproofs on it (armlet) and the other has Stone, Beserk, and Poisonproof (or similar protective auto-abilities - bracer) There's also a Double AP weapon for Lu, and the coveted (but overall...not too useful) 99 Warp Spheres. The reason I say that none of this is all that great because you can easily customize all the weapons/armors, you can bribe for level 3 or 4 spheres, and the Warp Spheres just warp you to any location on the sphere grid (don't unlock anything.) O__O I suppose it might be kinda nice to have everyone know steal by warping them there...or any other great ability; but its not really necessary IMO. Having 2-3 characters that can cast a magic or support spell is generally enough anyway.
3) Its uber-rare: being able to open all of the chests without spawning a trap.
4) I'm never going to do it. XP

RGrady27
07-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Each set of chests has to be opened in a certain order from what i know however it is very hard to get all 12 without hitting one trap.

Leeza
07-31-2008, 06:14 AM
RGrady27, please check post dates before making a post. This thread is too old to be revived. Welcome to EoFF. :)