PDA

View Full Version : help me!! im stuck on the final boss on star ocean 3!!!

ninja-yuffie
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
this is so pathetic...i am ashamed on myslef.

I CANT BELIEVE IM STUCK ON LUTHER FORM 2.
my situation: Fayt: 65
Maria: 60
Peppita:50

i have 3 blackberries
i have 10 fresh sages
i have 0 blueberries
i have 1 magical berries
i have 1 perfect berries
i have 1 ripe berrise
and some other items.
i am stuck on form 2, "perfect symetry" PLEEEASE HEEELP!! :confused: :eek:

can i get some advice like:

what party should i use?
what level should i be?

please post quickly thanks all.

ChaosCalibur
12-05-2004, 09:53 PM
First, get back to Elicoor II (or III, I forget)... Then Make weapons with Oricalcum smithed into them (get oricalcums by alchemy, oricalcum=500+ ATK), you should have at least 3000 ATK, then you might a have a chance,(ripe/perfect/magic) berries really help, The party doesn't really matter, just pick whoever's at the highest level, the perfect symetry is easy to outrun if you have bunny shoes, and that's pretty much how i did it...

ninja-yuffie
12-06-2004, 03:59 PM
ok thanks soooo mucn for helping, now al i need to do is trail back through spiral towers... NOOOOOO

NM
12-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Your levels are ok to beat Luther, your real problem is lack of items. Half the problem is keeping the A.I characters alive, so you don't end up fighting alone.

You want all the curative, life items you can get your hands on.

I think I was at level 65(ish, maybe alittle higher.) when I finished SO3 and I didn't have weapons loaded up with +500 attack. I had a laser weapon on each character. Fayt had a couple of +100 attack's added to the weapon and that was it.

The tactic I used was to keep my distance from Luther and then hit him with a 300% chained combo with Fayt linking Air Raid into Dimension Door over and over. The party I used was Fayt, Cliff & Nell. I also had berserk on Fayt and Cliff as it use's less fury to execute moves.

ChaosCalibur
12-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Dimention door? I die when i use it because it's too slow :S A better combo is side kick>Air raid. both hit multiple times, thus keeping the enemy from attacking

ninja-yuffie
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
thanks you guys!!!!! when you use dimension door it takes HP :()
p.s my Fayt cant use air raid for sum reason

NM
12-07-2004, 07:09 PM
All special attacks use some of a characters HP or MP when used.

Lord Chainsaw
12-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Oh man, I feel your pain.

I lost to Luther 6 times before I finally beat him, and my situation wasn't much different from yours.

I had a party of Albel 66, Cliff 66, and Sophia 60 with only 2 blackberries, 15 fresh sages, and 10 mental enhancers.

It is possible to beat him, but you'll have to work to do it.

First thing you want to make sure of is that your fighters are all on berserk. Next you want to make sure you can chain your attacks. If you chain right, you will get a 300% cancel bonus at the end of your combo. With Maria, this means her Scatter beam will do 3000+ damage per bullet if your attack is above 1000.

If you don't know how to chain here is how:

Put an attack on the X and on the O. Initiate the move with X, then before the character uses the attack press O. The character will use the move again right after the other move with no pause between. Press X before this move is finished and they will perform it a third time. You need to keep alternating between X and O up to I believe 6 times. Every time you do it you will get a cancel bonus which increases the power of the attack. At 300% you will be doing way more damage than you'll do if you just use the move by itself.

The trick is to control Maria and spam the crap out of Scatter beam. Get those 300% cancel bonuses. If you've taught one or two of your characters healing symbology using the decrepit tomes, that's even better. Your main source of healing will be magical/perfect berries however.

Luther's WORST move is Perfect Symmetry by far. I'm sorry to tell you there's really nothing you can do about it except beat the hell out of him as much as you can between his casting of it. When you see him about to use it, run like hell and let the other two characters take damage from it, but you probably knew that already.

If you do enough damage he'll use Insanity Prelude. To me, the attack name makes no sense. The way to dodge it is to first, stand near the middle of the arena. Don't stand in the middle, but don't stand on the sides. When the tentacles come up, move your character OUTSIDE the battlefield. How can you tell what is outside the battlefield?

If you pay attention to the ring you're standing on during the fight, you'll see that there are (3 I believe) little sections outside of the circle where you can stand. You need to learn where these are because during Insanity Prelude the floor is covered so you can't see where these extrusions are. Move all three of your characters to these spots outside the circle and you'll avoid the attack.

If worse comes to worse, and your other two characters are inept, and Luther is almost dead, and you run out of fresh sage, then by all means go ahead and try to solo him with Maria.

You probably CAN solo him with Maria once he gets into his Insanity Prelude phase. I beat him by soloing him at this phase with Albel so it is possible. If you are going to solo him because your other two characters keep dying or you run out of items, then here's what you do:

-Insanity Prelude is VERY easy to dodge with only one character. Do it.
-Get close to Luther and wait for him to make a move. If he uses a divide or perfect symmetry, run the hell away.
-Keep running up to him until he uses Laser Beams.
-ONLY attack Luther after he uses Laser Beams and ONLY Laser Beams.
Run around after he uses it until you see the symbol under you. Move out of the way of the symbol, stand next to him and pummel him only a few times.

EDIT: I just realized it may be difficult to solo him with Maria due to her insanely slow speed. She might not be able to avoid his attacks. In this case, try soloing him using Fayt and his Air Raid or his long range O attack.

And if you can, take notice of the final boss music track, Highbrow. I've been listening to it the past week. It really is a masterpiece. Seriously, it's excellent. If you need to, just pause the game and listen to it. It never repeats, is 10 minutes long, and above all, is just fantastic.

ninja-yuffie
12-09-2004, 03:51 PM
thanks so uch guys im going too try him tonight wishs me luckj :)

AYUFAN45
12-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Luther is a strong guy but I beat him at a high level
Fayt 89
Cliff 86
Maria 82

Relax, have fun with that cold music of Spiral Tower and train train train