PDA

View Full Version : I need help with PSF1 files

Nightshade
12-06-2004, 03:35 AM
I downloaded a PSF player, but for some reason it won't play PSF1 files, only PSF2 files. Can someone give me a hand, or a new program. Thanks. :D

Nightshade
12-07-2004, 12:21 AM
make that miniPSF files

crono_logical
12-08-2004, 11:06 AM
.minipsf files have the instrument sound definitions removed from them and placed in an external .psflib file to make them much much smaller, if I remember correctly. This is because those definitions are virtually the same for all the tracks that belong to the same game, so rather than have that data hundreds of times once per track, it's only there once in the .psflib instead, making for smaller downloads.

Which means you need the correct .psflib file in the same folder as the .minipsf file with the correct name. For example, for my FF7 minipsf collection, I have a "Final Fantasy 7.psflib" file in the same folder as all the .minipsf files to allow them. You'll have to somehow get hold of the .psflib files too, possibly from the same place you got your .minipsf files, or possibly tell us which game it's for here, and someone here might have it and can zip and attach it here for you.

Also, I don't know what psf player you've got, it might be only psf2 for all I know. I use a plugin for Winamp called Highly Experimental PSF Player, which can handle psf, psf2, and minipsf formats fine for me :p