PDA

View Full Version : sell me on a system

eestlinc
12-06-2004, 03:50 AM
So, I feel like I might buy a gaming system. Which should I get? I definitely want some sprots games, but all the systems have those. Otherwise, I like Zelda games, and FF games, and weird stuff. I don't like games like Halo or Time Splitters, etc, so that really won't affect my choice. So sell me on a system. All I really care about is the quality of games, and the fact that gamecube is cheaper gives it a leg up.

krissy
12-06-2004, 04:31 AM
real life

honestly if they were rly cheap i'd get a ps2. dvd player. ps1 game player.

RSL
12-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Gamecube. It's more fun. It has the sports games, yes, but it probably does them the worst. I'm currently playing Madden on the gamecube and it hogs almost an entire 251 block memory card to save a franchise.

Still, it has all the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games that you can't live without. It is also cheaper and looks cooler.

escobert
12-06-2004, 04:44 AM
PC > all

CloudSquallandZidane
12-06-2004, 04:51 AM
PC > all

YES!

All have to say in Doom 3, half-life 2, anf far cry. everything else pales in comparison.

eestlinc
12-06-2004, 04:53 AM
yea, but I have a DVD player, I have a ps1, I have a PC, and I care nothing at all about first person shooters.

Remnant
12-06-2004, 05:11 AM
From your choices, I'd go with PS2. Mostly because it is backwards compatible with PS1, so your total game library is very large. Plus, you can get a whole bunch of the FFs on it.

RSL
12-06-2004, 05:18 AM
He said he has a PS1, so why would backward compatibility matter?

The only disadvantage to the gamecube I can see with your preferences is not much Final Fantasy and sports games take big memory cards.

krissy
12-06-2004, 05:27 AM
in that case gamecube maybe? its teh cheapest and its small and mario.

eestlinc
12-06-2004, 05:27 AM
is Crystal Chronicles any good?

I'm not so interested in X or X-2, and I can play 11 on computer if I so desire. 12 might be good, though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2004, 05:40 AM
PS2 is good for RPGs, Disgaea is awsome and I've heard good things about Phantom Brave and La Pucelle. Zone of the Enders is also very good.

I did like Crystal Chronicles, though I haven't beaten it (since I'm lazy).

The Shoeless Hobo
12-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Be an individual and get a gamecube. ;)

Cz
12-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Grab a GC. Gamecube has the most exclusive titles that you won't find anywhere else, and it's games library contains some of the most innovative titles of this generation. There's some solid (though not spectacular) sports games in there, but Nintendo really shines in the adventure and party genres, with games that will charm and thrill you from beginning to end.

For a person with your tastes, there's no better option. :)

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 06:10 PM
If you enjoy playing strategy games and first person shooter (and have the money to spare), buy a PC. ^^

If you like unoriginal and violent games, buy a Playstation 2. :D

If you love original, fun, unique and beautiful games, buy a Gamecube!

Tidus Andronicus
12-06-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm so proud of you all^_^
No one has said or voted Xbox yet! YAY!
hehe, i just don't like xbox...

get anything but that lol... I think you'd be good with a PS2... its definantly a good price range... and has more games for it.

a nice second choice is gamecube.

Del Murder
12-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I'd say PS2 is best for sports games. Madden on GC takes a whole memory card, where a PS2 card can hold like 7 franchises, and the controller is a better fit. Then again you won't get gems like Mario Golf and Tennis. Sony has the bonus of getting the main FF titles, but Nintendo has the bonus of getting the Zelda titles.

When I had this decision I ended up choosing PS2 because I didn't have a PS1 or DVD player and plus I wanted FFX.

In conclusion, if it's quality games you want, you can't go wrong with Nintendo, who seldom makes a bad game.

Shoeberto
12-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Yeah, I'd go GC due to price and exclusive Nintendo games. But I'm not much of a sport game fan, so y'know.

Lord Chainsaw
12-08-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm so proud of you all^_^
No one has said or voted Xbox yet! YAY!
hehe, i just don't like xbox...

get anything but that lol... I think you'd be good with a PS2... its definantly a good price range... and has more games for it.

You sir, just inspired me to vote Xbox.

Raistlin
12-08-2004, 03:28 AM
PS2 has a ton of damn fine games.

Final Fantasy
Suikoden
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid

and a helluva lot more games only found on the PS2. It also has by far the best controller.

Shlup
12-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Nintendo Game Cube can be easily modified into a handheld nuclead device.

Tidus Andronicus
12-08-2004, 03:52 AM
You sir, just inspired me to vote Xbox.

=P hehe, well do what you like XD I'm just glad it took this long for someone to vote xbox lol ^_^

Chzn8r
12-08-2004, 04:15 AM
PS2 still has the dominance in RPGs, but Gamecube *has* seen many exclusive RPGs this year (Crystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, Baten Kaitos) and a new Fire Emblem coming in February (I think), so that's really tempting for any RPG fan, I'd say.

That, and there's NOTHING that beats the price point of GC right now... $99, Mario Kart Double Dash, an extra controller, and $15 Nintendo Gift Card to boot. That's near $200 if bought seperately.

Martyr
12-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Final Fantasy addicted me to the nes! I was spending 8 hours a day in my youth playing Final Fantasy with different parties, Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Battle of Olmpus etc! I had to smash it with a hammer to break the addiction! I will never buy another system again!

SO I can't recommend anything except that you keep your PC and seperate your gaming time with healthy intervals of typing your notes for school and/or writing stories to improve your prowess as a writer.

Eö Telrúnya
12-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Or ... if you want to save money and still have a good time playing amazing computer games, just download some Roms from the Internet. But ... remember to make sure you own the original cartridges before you download them! :D Or you could do what I do and pretend you've got them all in the attic.

eestlinc
12-09-2004, 05:05 AM
yea, I've played all the ROM games I want to play (except maybe finishing ff3), and I have all the ff games available on ps1 except 4 and 8, and i still have my NES and SNES, so it's not like I need help playing old games.

I'll either buy nothing or buy a gamecube. Now we shall see which I choose.

Ryth
12-09-2004, 11:44 PM
I like the PS2 best because of all it's different kinds of genres everywhere and all the FF games plus online play that the cube doesn't have except for Phantasy Star Online, people tell me Xbox is the best I don't have one though so I wouldn't know which it does have a good selection of games like Halo of course and Fable, Ninja Gaiden, and I hear it has the best version of Pandora Tomorrow just to name a few but the Ps2 is the dominate system for sure.

eestlinc
12-10-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't care about internet in a game system.

Strider
12-10-2004, 11:35 PM
You sound a lot like me, man. Seriously.

And if I were in your shoes, I would definitely buy a GameCube.

Rostum
12-11-2004, 12:35 AM
They need to make more RPG's on PC. You can pretty much get anything to play on PC I guess, through emulators and such.

I'd say upgrade your PC. =)

Anyways you'd probably want something that's fun, yes? Well it depends what games you like and what style they are. Because I find that games are usualy different on each system unless they've been ported to each system.

eestlinc
12-11-2004, 12:56 AM
i have a good pc. i don't like PC games that much. I don't like cluttering my PC with games anyway. Better to have a standalone system.