PDA

View Full Version : The voice in cloud's head

Xyphox
12-06-2004, 04:01 AM
What exactly is that voice in cloud's head at the beginning of the game that says "this is more than just a reactor"? I've never been able to figure it out. Thanks

DarknessFromAbove
12-06-2004, 04:05 AM
. . . I always thought it was just himself, like an ulternet personality or something.

escobert
12-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Yeah same here. Like the real him talking.

Xyphox
12-06-2004, 06:55 AM

Brian The Pink Shark
12-06-2004, 07:56 AM
I thought after i'd completed it, it was the voice of Sephiroth, since he can control Cloud(sort of) :choc:

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure it's his inner child, the one you can control when Cloud is giving the Black Materia to Sephiroth. You can try talking to Cloud to no avail

Chocobilly
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
I believe I know the answer. Remember in the flashback in Kalm, when Sephiroth and Cloud are in the Mako reactor in the Nibelheim mountains? Okay, when they were there, if I remember correctly, Sephiroth says, "this is more than just a reactor", so my hypothesis is that because he is in a Mako reactor again, he has a little bit of a flashback. Also remember when they were in the second Mako reactor in Midgar, Cloud had another flashback of when Tifa was in the reactor in the mountains. Remember guys? :)

Eö Telrúnya
12-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I used to think it was another person, but after finishing the game, I made the conclusion that they were simply flashbacks from Cloud's crazy mind.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2004, 08:59 PM
I believe I know the answer..... Remember guys? :)

There's a problem with this. Cloud has similiar experiences outside of Reactors, such as at the Honey Bee Inn, where he sees an image of himself. I think the whole thing about being inside a reactor again just sparks off that part of his mind that he blocked out i.e. his inner child (see my previous post).

Chocobilly
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't ever remember that spoiler... I must have avoided it somehow. Strange. I'll check that out. Thanks

-N-
12-06-2004, 09:21 PM
It's Kawaii Ryűkishi. Duh.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-11-2004, 06:17 AM
The thing at the Honey Bee Inn occurs if you take the door with an obscure name. If you loved replaying FFVII, you should be exploring stuff you've never before. I must have played it 5 times before I noticed you could get new scenes if you examine the same closed room more than once. Beautiful.

Oh, and I thought the inner voice was Jenova, but you're right, I think it's his inner child, b/c some of the dialogue in the church is taken from the Lifestream thing exactly..... It takes you a few times through the game to recognise the dialogue.

Liam
12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey well im knew on this forums and yes ii believe it is his inner child!
also i know this has nothing to do with it but i love ff 7 and ff 9 and think ff8 is lame i know i might get a bit of critisism for that hehe:P

SquallKicksAss
12-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Inner child?! I think it's Jenova/Sephiroth. You'll notice that seeing as Cloud is a clone of Sephiroth (I think), he'd be drawn to Reunion. I think that voice is Jenova making Cloud think it's his inner child. Then it can use this newfound trust to make Cloud go to Reunion. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. It's been so long since I've played that far into the game, so it may prove me worng several times, but that's my theory.

~Jim

Wuggly Blight
12-13-2004, 04:09 PM
I just think its his subconcious his blocked out, and his subconcious knows more then he does conciously because he blocked it out.